Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

My over weight boss who complains to me daily about how they cant lose weight. I just stand there awkwardly being a skinny minny and I know they hate me secretly for it!

Waiting on so many online clothes deliveries that I feel anxious all the time :D

When I get a missed call, phone person back ONE SECOND later and they don't answer? WHY?

Every member of the Kardashian family. And also people that LOVE them? WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYY??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cormac... wrote: »
    Burning the top of your mouth on hot pizza

Or when a piece of cheese gets pulled off and falls down, scalding your chin with the hot sauce attached to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DeltaWhite wrote: »
    I just stand there awkwardly being a skinny minny and I know they hate me secretly for it!

Be thankful it's secretly and not that general skinny shaming you get which cleverly disguises itself as "office banter".

"I don't know where you put all that big lunch" is ok whereas "Are you really going to eat that given how large you are" is not

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Be thankful it's secretly and not that general skinny shaming you get which cleverly disguises itself as "office banter".

"I don't know where you put all that big lunch" is ok whereas "Are you really going to eat that given how large you are" is not

She is really mean :( she followed me around at the Christmas Party one year pulling my dress down, saying it was "too short" and that I was too skinny to wear it???? :(

I'm almost 30, I don't need to be mothered!!! She does hate me because of it, so as payback I just LOVE eating big massive slices of cake in front of her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"How do ye manage at dinner in your house? Has your husband a forklift permit?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Itching to go out tonight and have some fun... but time is DRAGGING...

People that can go out on a Monday (or any weekday night, really)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Unattended children at a sporting event (usually a GAA match). Always, without fail, there is going to be one within the group that will fall and end up crying, heightening the annoyance of the neutrals around them whose enjoyment of the match has already been severely tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Trivially annoyed at people being trivially annoyed at people who go out on weeknights :D

Exchanging some scrabble tiles cos I've all constonants and I'm too restricted in what I can do... and you guessed it... returned tiles are all consonants too..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When someone beats you in connect 4 and you weren't focused enough to see it coming...

When people end sentences in a yoda esque style with words that
    should begin said sentence.

"locked up, he should be!"

• Advertisement

Receiving a delivery that is so well wrapped it's almost impossible to access. Like a game of pass the parcel but all on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Receiving a delivery that is so well wrapped it's almost impossible to access. Like a game of pass the parcel but all on your own.

I deos that sometimes in work when we're packaging up stuff if I was full of messing....:pac:

I'm a terrible employee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that you have received your delivery but all that is in my postbox is something that looks suspiciously like an Irish water bill. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

TA that you have received your delivery but all that is in my postbox is something that looks suspiciously like an Irish water bill. :mad:

I got a leaflet from the postman telling me he came at 11 with my parcel. I was here at 11! I hate going to the depot :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

TA: seeing a poo when eating chocolate.

what follows:

(mind: thats poo, you're eating poo)

- no its not, its chocolate I've checked

(mind: why are you talking to yourself about eating poo)

- I'm not its just that certain things remind me of other things

(mind: you're gradually going mad, I bet one day you will lose it and start eating poo for real)

- la la la la I can't hear you, this is a delicious chocolate bar, ...oh dear god.

(mind: none of this is real you know, you think you're just walking down the road eating a chocolate bar but really you're inside the mind of a deluded madman rolling around on the ground his face covered in feces as he feasts upon street sht after street sht, the concerned crowd looking on)

Acquaintance: Hi how you doing ?

- Yeah fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Just back from my GP, I have bronchitis.:(

haha well does it make you feel any better that my delivery was a new clothes horse? :D

Accidentally typing 'pubic mental health training' rather than 'public mental health training' in a sent email....

Em, yeah, not sure how much demand there'd be for that :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Em, yeah, not sure how much demand there'd be for that :D

pubes have feelings too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Drinking so much at the weekend that Monday is made even less bearable because of the depressive comedown, coupled with PMT - I think the amount of enemies I made today has gone into double figures!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When your at the post office like I just was..

and your sending a parcel via An Post's DHL service, and the poor girl who has never done it before is struggling to figure it all out, and the queue behind me is getting ever bigger. and the guy who's next in line is constantly tutting, and gasping to show his disapproval of the time it's taking the girl to figure out how to correctly use the system.

BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDS, AND AS SUCH, SHE'LL GO MUCH QUICKER NOW SHE KNOWS HOW PI$$ED OFF YOU ARE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

All this talk about deliveries has made me put 5 things into my basket. I don't need them... I just want a parcel to come now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When your at the post office like I just was..

and your sending a parcel via An Post's DHL service, and the poor girl who has never done it before is struggling to figure it all out, and the queue behind me is getting ever bigger. and the guy who's next in line is constantly tutting, and gasping to show his disapproval of the time it's taking the girl to figure out how to correctly use the system.

BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE NEEDS, AND AS SUCH, SHE'LL GO MUCH QUICKER NOW SHE KNOWS HOW PI$$ED OFF YOU ARE.

hate arseholes like that. poor girl, although some people work better under pressure, sometimes we work better when we HAVE to get something done quickly, its like a fight or flight response. the girl should've been trained better, or she was just flustered cause she's new. nerve of that chap, we've all been there. that's a massive TA for me - dick customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you stand for an elevator to arrive on your floor and when its doors open one person inside waits for you to go into the lift before exiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

DISCLAIMER: I may come across as pretentious in this post, that is not my intention. If I do, for your own amusement, here is how you can imagine I look like in real life.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. People who are obsessed with the movie Fight Club. The ones who quote it religiously as if that makes them super profound or something. Don't get me wrong. The novel is a good read. The movie was very entertaining, director David Fincher couldn't have done a better job. The ending where they look on as the city collapses is one of my all time favourite scenes. Bonus points for the Pixies song in the background.

But the obsession that some people I know have (16-25 age category, usually male) is just ridiculous. In my life I have known at least 10 people who would frequently quote various snippets of apparent wisdom provided to us by Tyler Durden or the Narrator. I once shared an apartment with a guy who would just watch the ending over and over again on repeat, while sitting in a dark room. First time it happened, I was like "Oh great, he likes the Pixies. There's something we can talk about." No. He just liked watching the ending to Fight Club in the dark. I have one friend who quotes the movie almost daily. He even manages to work quotes into everyday situations. Friend of ours gets dumped by girlfriend; he's naturally upset, spends weekly money on a piss up and is temporarily broke, hungover and has no girlfriend. Boom. Fight Club quote - “It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.” Anytime one of us isn't in the mood to go on a night out. Boom. Fight Club quote - “This is your life and it's ending one moment at a time.” Him: "You put out the bins?" His Housemate: "No, not yet." Boom. Fight Club quote - "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise." So fucking annoying. He also says "boom" a lot before making a point.

Anyway, after being friends with this guy for awhile (he's actually alright) I make reference to Chuck Palahniuk (the author) and he looks at me dumbfounded. "Who's he?" That's what he says. Who's he!?!?!?! :mad: :rolleyes: Turns out he didn't even know the movie was based on a hugely successful book before I told him.

Back on point. Aside from the main theme of the story (the criticism of consumerist culture) being totally ignored by everyone I know who is obsessed with it. They also don't see the irony in that two important messages conveyed in the book/movie were that of non conformity and self acceptance. Yet here they are, quoting a line word for word like sheep, while idolising Brad Pitt's badass portrayal of Tyler Durden. Grrrrrr.

*head explodes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

^^^^

I blame Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The way the word "gutted" has crept into common usage for being "disappointed". That's all.

ollaetta wrote: »
    The way the word "gutted" has crept into common usage for being "disappointed". That's all.

I'm gutted that you feel that way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My cat won't make up her mind as to which food she likes and dislikes. She was so good for a while and ate just about anything, and suddenly she's gone back to being really picky again. One day she loves a certain food and the next day I end up throwing half of it away. Have to order more food soon and I don't even know what to get now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

TA: seeing a poo when eating chocolate.

what follows:

(mind: thats poo, you're eating poo)

- no its not, its chocolate I've checked

(mind: why are you talking to yourself about eating poo)

- I'm not its just that certain things remind me of other things

(mind: you're gradually going mad, I bet one day you will lose it and start eating poo for real)

- la la la la I can't hear you, this is a delicious chocolate bar, ...oh dear god.

(mind: none of this is real you know, you think you're just walking down the road eating a chocolate bar but really you're inside the mind of a deluded madman rolling around on the ground his face covered in feces as he feasts upon street sht after street sht, the concerned crowd looking on)

Acquaintance: Hi how you doing ?

- Yeah fine.

Monocle, I agree with one line. Guess which one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement