Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lobsta

To be honest I didn't venture down quite that far. It looks like they are completing the houses one after the other, starting with the first house on the right and working there way down and around the cul de sac. I will have a look this weekend and let you know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

lobsta wrote: »
    To be honest I didn't venture down quite that far. It looks like they are completing the houses one after the other, starting with the first house on the right and working there way down and around the cul de sac. I will have a look this weekend and let you know for sure.
    Are you now able to walk down the 2nd cul de sac?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lobsta

No you can't walk down yet, the fence is at the entrance to the 2nd cul de sac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rmcf

Was anyone else forwarded the Warning Letter Castlethorn were served with by DLRCC?

We were due to close shortly and now it is being held up because the site is in contravention of their planning permission, namely sections relating to 'foul and surface water sewers', 'water supply and drainage arrangements', 'public lighting'.

They received the notice in February 2016 and only brought it to our attention now.

Was anyone else aware of this, or anyone else get the notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Did you get the notice from SheryFitz or the solicitor? When were you due to close?

• Advertisement

We were due to close last week and got the notice the day before from Castlethorn's solicitor. They advised us that Castlethorn had only brought it to there attention now - even though it is dated February 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

I heard nothing about that and we're due to close soon.
    Where did you get that information from?

rmcf wrote: »
    We were due to close last week and got the notice the day before from Castlethorn's solicitor. They advised us that Castlethorn had only brought it to there attention now - even though it is dated February 2016.

What exactly does the letter say, don't really understand how could it affect only people who are due to close and not the ones who moved in already?

bmv wrote: »
    What exactly does the letter say, don't really understand how could it affects only people who are due to close and not the ones who moved in already?

I agree. Could be just an old letter used as a delaying tactics. Think a person here was saying before they waited a month after snag to get in because of the DC

'It has come to the attention of the Planning Authority that unauthorised development may have been carried out at the above lands. The alleged unauthorised development consists of non-compliance with Condition 2 of Planning Permission D13A/0462, and non-compliance with Conditions 5b, 14, 18 and 19 of D12A/0206, in that the required details have not been submitted to, and agreed in writing with, the Planning Authority prior to commencement of the development'.

'2: Save for amendments granted on foot of this permission, the development shall otherwise be retained and completed in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of Planning Permission D12A/0206, save as may be required by the other conditions attached thereto.
    REASON: In the interest of the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.'

5b relates to pedestrian/cycle links with adjoining properties and an access road.

'14: The the water supply and drainage arrangements, including the disposal of surface water, be in accordance with the requirements of the County Council. In this regard, also the applicant shall submit the following details to the Council's Water Section for approval prior to commencement of the development:
    a. Applicant shall confirm using suitable drawing(s) existing public water-mains; proposed main or service pipe(s) intended to be connected to the public water-mains; proposed meters, W.S.C units and other controls; proposed fire hydrant locations (having due regard to County Council policy regarding the provision of water circulation to maintain water quality, as well as mains flushing facilities) and all other valve locations.
    b. Applicant has available 24 hour water storage for proposed each residential unit.
    c. The Local Authority cannot guarantee water supply to buildings higher than 2 storeys. Applicant shall indicate how such buildings shall be supplied.
    d. Details of the position of the proposed water mains in relation to other underground services. Note: A minimum clearance of 300mm should be maintained around all water-mains.
    e. Details of the proposed manufacturer/supplier of all water-main pipes and fittings.
    REASON: In the interest of public health.'

'18: The main foul and surface water sewers, water-mains and public lighting conduits must be located under roads/footpaths as far as practically possible, and not through private properties. Way leave documentation must be submitted for approval prior to commencing works on site granting the Council all necessary rights for future maintenance of any main foul or surface water sewers, water-mains or public lighting conduits, which are to be laid through private properties.
    REASON: In the interest of proper planing and sustainable development of the area'.

19 relates to public lighting.

We asked for more details into these points, but have yet to hear back from Castlethorn or their solicitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 gaddrep2

Were you given any specific details of the delay this will have on your closing from the solicitor or SF? Did they say that any planning issues would have to be resolved before they can close the sale? Had you gotten to snagging yet?

gaddrep2 wrote: »
    Were you given any specific details of the delay this will have on your closing from the solicitor or SF? Did they say that any planning issues would have to be resolved before they can close the sale? Had you gotten to snagging yet?
    All up in the air until until we get exact details of the issues.

We had snagged and drawn down, told the day before close about the notice.

I'm not trying to scaremonger here, but if people are due to close soon, they should probably get in touch with their solicitor or Castlethorn's.

That letter is from February. I recognize one of the issues and they were in hurry then with it as we had to sign a special paper out of nowhere coz the way leave goes via our property. We talked to the council as well to ask about it and make sure all in order so I asssumed that was sorted then.(Feb).Those people who were to move to 1st cul de sac and did the snag then ,had to wait till March for DRCC to be happy and allow them to move in.

rmcf wrote: »
    All up in the air until until we get exact details of the issues.

We had snagged and drawn down, told the day before close about the notice.

I'm not trying to scaremonger here, but if people are due to close soon, they should probably get in touch with their solicitor or Castlethorn's.

Are you on the road at the top of the estate? Or 2nd cul de sac?
    Some people seem to be in the top of the road houses even at the very end on the corner where 2nd cul de sac starts...I wonder how come they were ok to move in....

Can anyone advise how the snagging went, were there many issues?
    Also any recommendations for a snagger would be greatly appreciated ( I think you need to PM it to me per board rules)

Thefact wrote: »
    Also any recommendations for a snagger would be greatly appreciated ( I think you need to PM it to me per board rules)

Did they let you know when you can snag?
    Did you get an email about your house being connected to ESB etc.??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rasa2

Hi All,

We also were notified by our solicitor of warning letter issued in Feb. In the letter our solicitor advised us that <mod snip > Solicitors were recently notified of this letter.
    Builders solicitor is stating that there should be no issue with planning permission however our solicitor asked for confirmation from the council.

Are the works still carried out or are they stopped?

Did anyone got any extras if requested from the builders i.e extra sockets ?

JustaGO wrote: »

Not yet, just getting things lined up as it can't be too far away..... I hope :)

Not yet, just getting things lined up as it can't be too far away..... I hope :)

The snagging was ok for us, there were very small things, nothing major, and it was all rectified in a day really so it all happens really quick so yes you better be prepared :)

EA said once we get an email about ESB connection etc its about 2 weeks till the snag...

• Advertisement

Rasa2 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We also were notified by our solicitor of warning letter issued in Feb. In the letter our solicitor advised us that <mod snip > Solicitors were recently notified of this letter.
    Builders solicitor is stating that there should be no issue with planning permission however our solicitor asked for confirmation from the council.

Are the works still carried out or are they stopped?

Did anyone got any extras if requested from the builders i.e extra sockets ?

We were told no extra things but was wondering about sockets too...did anyone got an electrician afterwards to do extra sockets ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Brie2016

Hi (hopefully) neighbors!

We have snagged and the warning letter is causing some concern with the solicitor? Has anyone been able to draw down with the bank since the warning letter has been issued?

Also in regards to the extra power sockets...it was a firm 'no' when we asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Newne2

Hi.
    We got warning letter following snag. Yes , it is causing big delays with cheque issue from bank. We have been waiting 2.5 weeks for an update from bank. We are hoping to hear something from them tomorrow.

Newne2 wrote: »
    Hi.
    We got warning letter following snag. Yes , it is causing big delays with cheque issue from bank. We have been waiting 2.5 weeks for an update from bank. We are hoping to hear something from them tomorrow.

And are you guys the top road or the 2nd cul de sac??

Newne2 wrote: »
    Hi.

Cheers. Solicitor sent letter to bank on Friday so we're hoping to hear something from the bank this week. Keep us posted on how you get on and we'll do the same. Did Castlethorn give you any indication to you of when this was going to be sorted?

Top road...where are you?

Yes I will do.
    No, have heard nothing from builders solicitors. I have also queried with estate agent but no update from anyone.

Brie2016 wrote: »
    Top road...where are you?

2nd cul de sac and they said a week ago that they will move the fence in a week or so.
    how come there are people already living in the top road with all the issues stated in the letter? did u guys ask?

Top of road

• Advertisement

2nd cul de sac and they said a week ago that they will move the fence in a week or so.
    how come there are people already living in the top road with all the issues stated in the letter? did u guys ask?

Because apparently this warning letter was only brought to the attention of the builders solicitor in the last month or so.

Advertisement