Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DawnLoader

I've spoken with Castlethorn and they're telling me to speak with Sherry Fitz... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

DawnLoader wrote: »
    I've spoken with Castlethorn and they're telling me to speak with Sherry Fitz... :mad:

I wonder were Sherry Fitz get their info from :)... Last resort is to call up when they are working and have a chat with the foreman.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Has anyone here heard anything with regard to the completion date for phase 3? We paid deposit around this time last year but the information flow from Sherry Fitz hasn't been the greatest... We were initially told completion would be late November 2018

No idea about Phase 3 but from my experience with Phase 1 take everything Sherry Fitz say about completion dates with a big pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone here heard anything with regard to the completion date for phase 3? We paid deposit around this time last year but the information flow from Sherry Fitz hasn't been the greatest... We were initially told completion would be late November 2018

We are in the first half of phase 3 and are being told April/May and maybe even June. Heard separately they want to off site completely by September.

Got this this morning... we're first half of phase 3 also...

The builders are waiting for the ESB to be connected to the site, the kitchens are being installed and the houses are being painted at the moment so hopefully it wont be too long more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Skip19

Hi we are in first half of phase 3 and SF told us yesterday looking like end of May/early June but they are waiting for more solid details from the developer.

Anyone else had a similar update or anything different?

We're heard nowt, it amazes me that it takes this amount of time for houses to be built, SF has always gone on about how the weather has been good and they should be completed right on schedule. When we paid the booking deposit we were told November/December

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ptmags

Our solicitor has sent a letter to Castlethorn’s solicitor asking for info and generally complaining about the lack of communication. It may be very effective if we all did this. I don’t think Sherry Fitzs are gonna be any help to us. Their only job at this stage is to say whatever it takes to keep us happy

It's all a bit of a farce, getting info from SF all seems very vague and flaky, it is going on a bit long now, always told by SF that "they're coming along nicely", they should be finished ahead of schedule... eh no! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Wbd1989

Has anyone been able to walk the site yet? Been told since January 'another couple of weeks and this will be arranged'...

• Advertisement

Nope.
    I’ve been trying to find out whether or not it will be a phased move in. SF haven’t given me straight answer at all

Ptmags wrote: »
    Nope.
    I’ve been trying to find out whether or not it will be a phased move in. SF haven’t given me straight answer at all

Just spoke with SF and was told June for all in the phase to move in but it was said with a back out clause that this needs to be confirmed with the builder.

Translation: There will be no phased move in as originally stated and I have no idea when site will be finished but I’ll go with June so you’ll stop asking...

Right folks. I’ve just been told that we can’t even come back for the final evaluation until July!!
    I’m speechless, we’ve been lead down the garden path

Right folks. I’ve just been told that we can’t even come back for the final evaluation until July!!

Is this from SF?

What number are you?

It’s been a long complicated day of going back and forth from our broker, valuer, solicitor and SF. Initially I was told this morning that a valuation couldn’t be made and home bond cert can not be issued until July. I have since been told that they still plan to finish in June, but if they don’t issue the HB47 till July then nobody can move anyway.
    I’m in no. 19, SF said it’s finished inside and out but still no ESB. SF said they’d be meeting the foreman on site on Monday to get more info. Don’t think I’ll hold my breath

It’s been a long complicated day of going back and forth from our broker, valuer, solicitor and SF. Initially I was told this morning that a valuation couldn’t be made and home bond cert can not be issued until July. I have since been told that they still plan to finish in June, but if they don’t issue the HB47 till July then nobody can move anyway.
    I’m in no. 19, SF said it’s finished inside and out but still no ESB. SF said they’d be meeting the foreman on site on Monday to get more info. Don’t think I’ll hold my breath

Weve stopped talking to SF as they havnt a clue, go direct to Castlethorn (the developer). We are one of the first in the row and were told May this week (so assuming June). No mention of a home bond cert not being able to be issued.

Weve stopped talking to SF as they havnt a clue, go direct to Castlethorn (the developer). We are one of the first in the row and were told May this week (so assuming June). No mention of a home bond cert not being able to be issued.

Who in Castlethorn are you talking to? I wouldn’t mind having a chat myself

I spoke with SF on Friday and they said that the indication tat they had been given was that moving in would possibly be staggered over the course of June but some of the houses towards the front could be late May. A more solid indication to be supplied this week. They're allegedly still laying the roads and drive ways but essentially blaming the ESB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 New_home_2018

Has anyone got any further updates from Castlethorn/SF?

Has anyone got any further updates from Castlethorn/SF?

Late May/Early June for snagging was the last I heard at the beginning of last week.

I’ve been up to the site and it is looking far from complete imho.

Late May/Early June for snagging was the last I heard at the beginning of last week.

Thanks. The lack of information is appalling and frustrating!

Depends on what part you are in, those in the first row have had driveways played, insides are done its stuff like the fences and road itself (a bit of activity on the roads during the builders holidays last and this week).

Builders are off till 29 April.

I took a trip up to the site last night, it looks like there has been a lot of tidying up done over the last week. From what I can see it looks like all houses with the exception of 44, 45 and the apartments are completed from an exterior build perspective, not sure about the internal tho.

Builders shouldn't be allowed take holidays when they are so far behind on a development....

ESB van up at the site today.
    Anybody heard anything new?

I spoke with the foreman and he said it was looking like circa mid June - weather dependant.

I spoke with the foreman and he said it was looking like circa mid June - weather dependant.

Presumably that's for the phase from the corner onwards? The first 4 houses in the row facing the school were having ESB connected yesterday, fences being erected and some sort of machinery out the back garden (to level?). So they still look on track for mid/late May?

The end is near finally.....snagging to begin mid May working through to June/July depending on house location/number.

We are in the row facing the school so are scheduled for mid May with closing set (all things going well) by the end of the month.

• Advertisement

The end is near finally.....snagging to begin mid May working through to June/July depending on house location/number.

We are in the row facing the school so are scheduled for mid May with closing set (all things going well) by the end of the month.

Thats great! Did SF give you that info? Any idea when we find out about snagging dates?

Advertisement