Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rasa2

mr_cill wrote: »
    does anyone know about a whatsapp group among belarmine woods neighbours that shares suppliers who are giving discounts for the estate? we were pricing flooring and found out we could get a better price when they realised we were moving into the belarmine woods estates. we're in phase two and should hopefully be moving in soon. maybe someone could PM info if possible, it would be very much appreciated.

Have you received details of whatsapp group yet, can you please share if you got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rasa2

JustaGO wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a person to do the snag??? Thank you
    Via pm only as I dont think its allowed to be posted here

Hey JustaGo have you done the snagging now? perhaps you guys moved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Rasa2 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a person to do the snag??? Thank you
    Via pm only as I dont think its allowed to be posted here

Hey JustaGo have you done the snagging now? perhaps you guys moved in?

Hi yes we did the snag and moved in.
    What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

gaddrep2 wrote: »
    With the houses being pre-wired for Virgin has anyone looked at any other options for TV / wifi? Anyone looked at Sky?

According to Eir we're supposedly wired for Eir Extreme 1000mb broadband + TV, I haven't tried it though so can't comment on what its like. Definitely will consider it when my Virgin contract runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

Does anyone know the colour of the wardrobes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

bmv wrote: »
    Does anyone know the colour of the wardrobes?
    They kinda greyish looks different kinda color in daylight . Can send you a pic if u want

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

They kinda greyish looks different kinda color in daylight . Can send you a pic if u want
    Do you know the name of the colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MarcoVanLinge

deco72 wrote: »
    Supposedly there are looking to get planning permission for a Phase 3 which would have 4/5 bed houses. This would be in the area that is to the right when you come into Phase 2 via the school.

Phase 1 and Phase 2 are all sold, right? I see Daft says the next phase will be launching summer 2017. Anyone know how long it takes from launch to ready to move in and what sort of booking deposit is required? Really like the area and reckon we will have finance in place in early 2018. Just wondering if our timings will fit. First time buyer so pretty naive - any advice on getting into Belarmine Woods gratefully received!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

mr_cill wrote: »
    does anyone know about a whatsapp group among belarmine woods neighbours that shares suppliers who are giving discounts for the estate? we were pricing flooring and found out we could get a better price when they realised we were moving into the belarmine woods estates. we're in phase two and should hopefully be moving in soon. maybe someone could PM info if possible, it would be very much appreciated.

hi there,

we're in phase 2 as well, given May/June completion date. Did you find out about the Whatsapp group? Is your house nearly complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭schalken999

We are looking to get quotes for flooring. Any recommendations ? Do local suppliers offer any discounts for Belarmine Estate

• Advertisement

We are looking to get quotes for flooring. Any recommendations ? Do local suppliers offer any discounts for Belarmine Estate

hiya, did you get any recommendations, if so could you pm me? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Sarxos

Would also be interested in any recommendations. Thanks.

anyone?? thanks

Phase 1 and Phase 2 are all sold, right? I see Daft says the next phase will be launching summer 2017. Anyone know how long it takes from launch to ready to move in and what sort of booking deposit is required? Really like the area and reckon we will have finance in place in early 2018. Just wondering if our timings will fit. First time buyer so pretty naive - any advice on getting into Belarmine Woods gratefully received!

Yes they are sold out. Was asking Sherry Fitz about Phase 3, looks like it'll be the end of 2017 or early 2018 before its launched, the planning application has only recently gone into the council and hasn't been granted yet. Think my booking deposit was 10k in Phase 1. Advise you to ring Sherry Fitz and register your interest, they'll likely give people registered with them the option to buy first, demand was extremely high with people queuing overnight in Phase 2 so that'll likely be required in Phase 3 again I'm afraid. Celtic Tiger 2.0 here we come! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭schalken999

KingCong wrote: »
    Yes they are sold out. Was asking Sherry Fitz about Phase 3, looks like it'll be the end of 2017 or early 2018 before its launched, the planning application has only recently gone into the council and hasn't been granted yet. Think my booking deposit was 10k in Phase 1. Advise you to ring Sherry Fitz and register your interest, they'll likely give people registered with them the option to buy first, demand was extremely high with people queuing overnight in Phase 2 so that'll likely be required in Phase 3 again I'm afraid. Celtic Tiger 2.0 here we come! :o

We forked out 10% deposit in Phase 2

We forked out 10% deposit in Phase 2

Full 10% at signing contract stage, 10k booking deposit before that

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Valentin_N

Phase 3 was announced today, but no pricing yet. I haven't been able to determine if these houses are timber frame or not. Can anyone chime in?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

bkraptor wrote: »
    Phase 3 was announced today, but no pricing yet. I haven't been able to determine if these houses are timber frame or not. Can anyone chime in?

Yip - I’m in one :) timber frame confirmed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone have any idea of pricing and / or timeframe of completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Anyone have any idea of pricing and / or timeframe of completion.

Well over €600k anyways for a 4-bed, still not getting a definitive price guide

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Anyone heard anymore?

Looks like it’s ready to launch - showhouse redesigned - definitely next week imo

Open homes were today - heard it sold out.

Got the 4 bed we were looking for.

• Administrators Posts: 53,372 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Was about to come ask about this. I assume it was queued out the door overnight?

They said 3 bed from 450, how many were actually at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

People were lining up from Wednesday night, afaik.
    I went with a friend today out of interest: 3 beds sold out. There is remaining one 4-bed and one 5-bed detached.

Q started forming Wednesday, no sleep over required as they started issuing tickets.

AFAIK the 4 bed is the only one remaining now, has a differing floor plan to the other four beds and is different to the 4bed show home.

Phase 3.5 (this was half of phase 3) is set to launch in September.

How much was the 5 bed detached going for does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

KingCong wrote: »
    How much was the 5 bed detached going for does anyone know?
    650K 169SQM  3 Storey

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DawnLoader

Has anyone here heard anything with regard to the completion date for phase 3? We paid deposit around this time last year but the information flow from Sherry Fitz hasn't been the greatest... We were initially told completion would be late November 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

DawnLoader wrote: »
    Has anyone here heard anything with regard to the completion date for phase 3? We paid deposit around this time last year but the information flow from Sherry Fitz hasn't been the greatest... We were initially told completion would be late November 2018

I found when I was looking for updates in 2016 on my house it was better to contact Castlethorne directly for an update.

Advertisement