Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Newne2 wrote: »
    JustaGO wrote: »
    2nd cul de sac and they said a week ago that they will move the fence in a week or so.
    how come there are people already living in the top road with all the issues stated in the letter? did u guys ask?

Because apparently this warning letter was only brought to the attention of the builders solicitor in the last month or so.

Ok. Its all strange to me. Issue of wayleave was brought up in February same date as the letter and we got extra plans with wayleave marked and extra papers to sign as it goes via our property.
    Some people in the first cul de sac were delayed after snag coz of DRCC not happy with things but think they were in a month after...which was march
    Fingers crossed its just a standard thing that DRCC tells them fix this and that or we wont allow people to move in...

Did anyone hear back from Byrne and Wallce re that letter??

Did you have to pay full managment fee for 2016 even if you got the keys only recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

Did you have to pay full managment fee for 2016 even if you got the keys only recently??

Yes, we were told that the amount we paid will be apportioned and the balance will be brought forward and allocated towards the next year's service charge.

bmv wrote: »

Yes, we were told that the amount we paid will be apportioned and the balance will be brought forward and allocated towards the next year's service charge.

Thats great. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

Has anyone tried to get the new streets added to Google maps? I submitted a request today to Google for Belarmine Walk and Grove but it may help push them along if a few others request it as well :).

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Yeah I requested to add it a few months ago too, it's in the satellite view now but still not in the map view which is a pain when getting stuff delivered but fingers crossed they'll update the map in the new few months so people can find us :).

BTW I see the second cul de sac is open now and people are starting to move in, welcome to the neighbourhood everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

deco72 wrote: »
    Probably should have said that the foundations were not for all of Phase 2. By the looks of it there is foundations for the first 6 houses (No.22-32) in the cul de sac on the right side as you enter. These would be the ones for March 2017.

Hey there

Does anyone have any update or know how much progress has been made on phase 2. Just got a call from SF asking had we made our paint/tile selection yet. I said to them I didn't think we were at that point yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭schalken999

Thefact wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to get the new streets added to Google maps? I submitted a request today to Google for Belarmine Walk and Grove but it may help push them along if a few others request it as well :).

Will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭schalken999

Hey there

Does anyone have any update or know how much progress has been made on phase 2. Just got a call from SF asking had we made our paint/tile selection yet. I said to them I didn't think we were at that point yet!

Was surprised on getting this call today. On probing about dates they said May/June 2017. Would love to see some drone shots of the progress so far.

• Advertisement

Are tiles in downstairs WC included?? Anyone knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lobsta

No they are not included downstairs in any of the 2 and 3 beds. They were only included in the 5 bed Lansdownes as far as I am aware.

lobsta wrote: »

No they are not included downstairs in any of the 2 and 3 beds. They were only included in the 5 bed Lansdownes as far as I am aware.

She made us fill in the choice of tiles for downstairs bathroom and said they woukd try to get them included but never really found out if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

She made us fill in the choice of tiles for downstairs bathroom and said they woukd try to get them included but never really found out if they did.

No downstairs wcs were tiled, 5 beds or otherwise. Sherry Fitz have no say in getting anything like this done, and they are not going to try. They were just humouring you in getting you to fill in the choice. If you want to try, go to Castlethorn directly.

Can anyone advise how long in took to get the keys after the snagging was done?

Can anyone advise how long in took to get the keys after the snagging was done?

Am curious as well. When did you snag? We are snagging in few days....

Am curious as well. When did you snag? We are snagging in few days....

Haven't snagged yet, but just trying to gage the timeline to see if we will get in this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bmv

Haven't snagged yet, but just trying to gage the timeline to see if we will get in this side of Christmas.

It really depends on your solicitor, our snag was done in a week, but you need to give the go ahead to your solicitor as this what has caused us all the delay in moving in. The snagging itself takes few days to complete, I'd say not even a week, depends on the issues you'll find but generally these are only minor. As soon as they say the house is ready for snag- you should start the paperwork, that would be my advice if you're planning to move in before xmas.

It really depends on your solicitor, our snag was done in a week, but you need to give the go ahead to your solicitor as this what has caused us all the delay in moving in. The snagging itself takes few days to complete, I'd say not even a week, depends on the issues you'll find but generally these are only minor. As soon as they say the house is ready for snag- you should start the paperwork, that would be my advice if you're planning to move in before xmas.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice.

Hi, can anyone recommend a person to do the snag??? Thank you
    Via pm only as I dont think its allowed to be posted here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mr_cill

Hi, does anyone now when the next houses will be made available. I see the second cul-de-sac is open and occupied but does anyone now whih houses will be released next and when that might happen? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Isn't that the end of Phase 1 now and the rest is going to be Phase 2 which is scheduled to have certain houses ready by March 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

Isn't that the end of Phase 1 now and the rest is going to be Phase 2 which is scheduled to have certain houses ready by March 2017?

does anyone know will there be a phase 3?

does anyone know will there be a phase 3?
    Supposedly there are looking to get planning permission for a Phase 3 which would have 4/5 bed houses. This would be in the area that is to the right when you come into Phase 2 via the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

Supposedly there are looking to get planning permission for a Phase 3 which would have 4/5 bed houses. This would be in the area that is to the right when you come into Phase 2 via the school.

Interesting, so there will be no more 3 beds?

Maybe the show houses will be up for sale in the next phase, I saw them doing a bit of work on them yesterday.

Interesting, so there will be no more 3 beds?
    From the last time I was talking to SF thats what they said now that could change. I haven't looked for any planning permissions lately so maybe check the DLRCCO website for the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gaddrep2

With the houses being pre-wired for Virgin has anyone looked at any other options for TV / wifi? Anyone looked at Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr_cill

does anyone know about a whatsapp group among belarmine woods neighbours that shares suppliers who are giving discounts for the estate? we were pricing flooring and found out we could get a better price when they realised we were moving into the belarmine woods estates. we're in phase two and should hopefully be moving in soon. maybe someone could PM info if possible, it would be very much appreciated.

• Advertisement

gaddrep2 wrote: »
    With the houses being pre-wired for Virgin has anyone looked at any other options for TV / wifi? Anyone looked at Sky?
    I would like to get sky tv in myself but I don't think the management company allows it. I could be wrong but pretty sure someone had said this to me before. If you hear otherwise please let me know.

Advertisement