Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Looks like there's a queue there already. Saw about 10 people outside the sales office.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

Looks like prices have increased for the next phase, below details are from the sf email

2 Bedroom Homes From €345,000 85sq.m./915sq.ft. (approx)
    3 Bedroom Homes From €395,000 104sq.m./1,119sq.ft. to 117sq.m./1,259sq.ft. (approx)
    4 Bedroom Homes From €495,000 155sq.m./1,668sq.ft. (approx)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

JustaGO wrote: »
    Hey did you move in yet?? Were you ever told the reason for the delay?

Yeah we're in now, we were held up at the end waiting on approval from the county council on the cert of compliance on completion. We're happy out so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

KingCong wrote: »
    Yeah we're in now, we were held up at the end waiting on approval from the county council on the cert of compliance on completion. We're happy out so far.

Brilliant news.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

For people that have moved in any recommendations on solicitors? We put our deposit down yesterday so need to sort a solicitor for contracts to be sent. Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mod note:
    Recommendations by PM only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rasa2

Hi there,

We just placed a deposit for Palmerston without extension. We are bit afraid that kitchen will be very small, i believe some of you moved in from phase 1 if any of you have this type can you please let me know if it's decent size. There are no show houses available for them. Also if you know whether they 110.2sq or 109.6?

Rasa2 wrote: »
    Hi there,

We just placed a deposit for Palmerston without extension. We are bit afraid that kitchen will be very small, i believe some of you moved in from phase 1 if any of you have this type can you please let me know if it's decent size. There are no show houses available for them. Also if you know whether they 110.2sq or 109.6?

Hey as far as I know most of us who bought Palmerston in phase 1 requested to see it before signing a contract so once one was built and save to visit they organised a day where we all could see it. Just have to call the agent and keep asking about it.
    They wouldnt give exact measurments for anything but we did then measure couple of rooms . Would say around 15m2 including utilty room for the kitchen dining.
    We have no kitchen in the current place so for us this is good enough but it is defo not big.

JustaGo - Thanks a mill for info . I wish they gave measures now ,our house is semi-detached we don't know where the entry will be. We seen few plans for this type of house. Someone on a first phase posted them. I hope they will look like phase 1. Do you find utility room big are you able to fit washing machine and dryer. Also does the kitcken come with the bar at the side as some plans have it while others dont sorry four all the questions we are very keen but scared to buy something we havent seen 😁 . I will ask agent to let us view one prior signing contract.

JustaGo - Thanks a mill for info . I wish they gave measures now ,our house is semi-detached we don't know where the entry will be. We seen few plans for this type of house. Someone on a first phase posted them. I hope they will look like phase 1. Do you find utility room big are you able to fit washing machine and dryer. Also does the kitcken come with the bar at the side as some plans have it while others dont sorry four all the questions we are very keen but scared to buy something we havent seen 😁 . I will ask agent to let us view one prior signing contract.

Trying to upload the floor plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

Thefact wrote: »
    Looks like prices have increased for the next phase, below details are from the sf email

3 Bedroom Homes From €395,000 104sq.m./1,119sq.ft. to 117sq.m./1,259sq.ft. (approx)

Is this normal? Do prices go up this much for a phase 2? I was planning on trying to get a house here based on the phase 1 prices, this price rise has pushed me out of the market.

We still didnt sign and waiting for few answers but ours is not to be ready till June but we expect with all the delays it might be longer again.
    We were finally allowed to see similar floor plan house as the one we picked had no show house and lots people didnt want to sign for that floor plan without seeing it. We took few measurements when looking at it and now comparing the to the ones from the application they are very very similar.

any news for the people who were to move in mid December? did u get more info? did u get final dates yet?

Hey
    Just wondering how long it took to sign and are they still giving the appliances even if outside the 21 days that's stated in the brochure? We put a deposit down on a 3bed for phase 2 last week but haven't even got a receipt for that yet.

deco72 wrote: »
    Hey
    Just wondering how long it took to sign and are they still giving the appliances even if outside the 21 days that's stated in the brochure? We put a deposit down on a 3bed for phase 2 last week but haven't even got a receipt for that yet.

Same here we paid the deposit last week but no receipt, did you gave your solicitors name yet? Did they received the contract?

Same here we paid the deposit last week but no receipt, did you gave your solicitors name yet? Did they received the contract?

Gave solicitors name but haven't heard from them if they have received it. Don't think they will receive until the receipt is sent.

deco72 wrote: »
    Hey

As far as I remember our solicitor got the receipt. They are so busy and slow I wouldnt worry. We never got the contract within the 21 days from them so dont worry about that. Its only in the brochure. Once you get the contract your soliciotr will send back questions to them so again you will have to wait for the response only then you should sign. The appliances are included as we asked about it since it took ages to sign the contract and get all the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shulja

Thefact wrote: »

Do you now that the waiting time for now is 1.5 year!!

shulja wrote: »
    Do you now that the waiting time for now is 1.5 year!!

We were advised May next year?!

We were advised May next year?!

I don't believe them, as people who were waiting for this march/April has been told wait until october for now. And then, you believe they speed up and build another 2 roads during the winter? No way! So 1.5 looks very good for me.

Another point here banks don't give approvals for so long. ((

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kerrymaid11

I don't believe them, as people who were waiting for this march/April has been told wait until october for now. And then, you believe they speed up and build another 2 roads during the winter? No way! So 1.5 looks very good for me.

Another point here banks don't give approvals for so long. ((

Where are you getting this information. Did you buy in phase 1

Where are you getting this information. Did you buy in phase 1

We bought in phase 1 and got the letter just this week that ours won't be ready till October. When they were selling phase 1 they said Nov/December 2015 , Feb/March 2016 and Jun/Jul 2016 completion dates depending on where the house is top of show houses or 2nd cup de sac. Its 3-4 months behind the schedule which is not the worst but I can't see how can they finish the whole place by May 2017.

• Advertisement

We bought in phase 1 and got the letter just this week that ours won't be ready till October. When they were selling phase 1 they said Nov/December 2015 , Feb/March 2016 and Jun/Jul 2016 completion dates depending on where the house is top of show houses or 2nd cup de sac. Its 3-4 months behind the schedule which is not the worst but I can't see how can they finish the whole place by May 2017.

Yes but wasn't the launch only last September so that's just over a year to have your build ready. We'll just have to wait and see. It's making the mortgage application more difficult as we will have to reapply in 6 months time again :mad:

Yes, this is the point - Banks will not agree to extend letter for 1 or 1.5 years. And now we have to give them the 10% payment with no guarantee that the bank will give the mortgage (same amount) next time. I wouldn't like to risk with 40K as it is not refundable. Or we can all strike ))

Yes, this is the point - Banks will not agree to extend letter for 1 or 1.5 years. And now we have to give them the 10% payment with no guarantee that the bank will give the mortgage (same amount) next time. I wouldn't like to risk with 40K as it is not refundable. Or we can all strike ))

Aks your solicitor to include the caveat re ban approval and circumstancenal change they can do that. Which will mean that if something changes they have to give the money back. It wont be simple changes but for example if banks now wants 30% initial money that will allow you to withdraw frome the contract !

Rasa2 thanks for advice, we are first time buyers and know nothing about all these features ))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Also have your solicitor ask that the vendors solicitor holds onto your deposit money in their client account rather than passing it to the builder.
    That protects your deposit in case the builder goes belly up.

Is that all not mentioned in the contract? Did you get a chance to read fully the contract before signing?
    Any way, thanks for good advises, you can write some more good ones. ))

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭custom_build

Also have your solicitor ask that the vendors solicitor holds onto your deposit money in their client account rather than passing it to the builder. That protects your deposit in case the builder goes belly up.

The builder is funded by NAMA, so I'd imagine your deposit would be about as safe as it gets.

Yes but wasn't the launch only last September so that's just over a year to have your build ready. We'll just have to wait and see. It's making the mortgage application more difficult as we will have to reapply in 6 months time again :mad:

Unfortunatelly no. The launch was September 15 all right but they started to build them in march 2015 so by September the rite and left site were ready they still were doing work at the bottom of the road. Lets hope that they hired more people for the summer so it goes fast and things like electricity water etc will be quicker to connect to the rest of the estate.
    I think if we are in by the end of this year we will be lucky.

Also have your solicitor ask that the vendors solicitor holds onto your deposit money in their client account rather than passing it to the builder.
    That protects your deposit in case the builder goes belly up.

We were recommended to that by our solicitor as well.

• Advertisement

Unfortunatelly no. The launch was September 15 all right but they started to build them in march 2015 so by September the rite and left site were ready they still were doing work at the bottom of the road. Lets hope that they hired more people for the summer so it goes fast and things like electricity water etc will be quicker to connect to the rest of the estate.
    I think if we are in by the end of this year we will be lucky.

Ok thanks for that, it's so unpredictable hopefully as you say things might speed up over the summer. I hope you guys get to move in in October!

Advertisement