Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's not very funny .. .. the girls got family around Ireland. ..have a bit of respect

Like the respect she had for her family? And herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Like the respect she had for her family? And herself?

And hasn't she paid the price !!!!

Leave her rest in peace and get over yourself ... arnt you lucky you never made a .mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Leave her rest in peace and get over yourself ... arnt you lucky you never made a .mistake...

There's making a mistake, and there's funding crime and criminality in this country. By purchasing Cocaine, she was helping kill the innocent.
    Not just her own life was ended, her and Gerry Ryan (to name a few) helped end the lives of many innocent folks who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's hard to mourn her when her legacy is having it all, harming many, and then throwing it all away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

He was a con-man, no doubt. And people were dumb enough to give him money for his restaurant. There's a reason the country went into a major recession... because of hucksters like Gallagher. I remember my brother had a right pain getting a loan to buy a car, despite my parents helping out and so on, the banks didn't wanna know (Credit union helped him out-paid off the loan with his job and parent's helped on insurance).

Meanwhile Gallagher was getting hundreds of thousands to pay for restaurants nobody was going into. And then never paid the loans off-and went to another country where he racked up huge bills (under another name-his birth name) and didn't pay them off either. And the scummiest thing is, if he came back to Ireland, he'd have money thrown at him again-cos he's a scumbag.

Yep-Celtic Tiger wasters. Didn't he lose his job after bragging about crap, despite him making less than someone on unemployment assistance?
    And he added the 'Lambe' to his name-to make himself sound posh. Total scrounger, he hung out at Lillies, and Krystles as well, I think-but those places were dives anyway. The Sunday World's entertainment section kept that place employed.

Was on an RTE show called Healthy Appetite a few months back... it was absolutely s**t. I think the Indo called it 'guess who's ruining the dinner?'
    And she reminded us all why she hasn't been on tv for ten years.

Yep, he was an early example of someone who was "famous" for no particular reason.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/what-after-all-is-an-it-boy-and-who-is-gavin-lambe-murphy-1.265068

Yep, he was an early example of someone who was "famous" for no particular reason.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/what-after-all-is-an-it-boy-and-who-is-gavin-lambe-murphy-1.265068

Yep, he turned up on that Celebrity farm crap. I believe he went to the same school as Colin Farrell (Another pretender-posh family, acts like a skanger).

Gavin Murphy (cos I'm not using his pretentious circle-jerk name) was pretty much the Irish Milo Yiannopoulos-in that Milo's real name is Milo Hanrahan, and Gavin's real name is just Murphy.
    And they both served no purpose whatsoever.
    And they both irritate you like a bad dose of psoriasis.

I think Gavin can best be summed up in one photo...

ghetymkwfgkdsfk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There's making a mistake, and there's funding crime and criminality in this country. By purchasing Cocaine, she was helping kill the innocent.
    Not just her own life was ended, her and Gerry Ryan (to name a few) helped end the lives of many innocent folks who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's hard to mourn her when her legacy is having it all, harming many, and then throwing it all away.
    You're blaming Gerry Ryan for People dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yep, he turned up on that Celebrity farm crap. I believe he went to the same school as Colin Farrell (Another pretender-posh family, acts like a skanger).

Gavin Murphy (cos I'm not using his pretentious circle-jerk name) was pretty much the Irish Milo Yiannopoulos-in that Milo's real name is Milo Hanrahan, and Gavin's real name is just Murphy.
    And they both served no purpose whatsoever.
    And they both irritate you like a bad dose of psoriasis.

I think Gavin can best be summed up in one photo...

ghetymkwfgkdsfk.jpg

never heard of him

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've made many. They haven't involved breaking the law and funding criminality.

I would imagine from your faux-outrage you're the type who thinks working class drug users are scumbags but if you're a pretty girl who went to the right school and comes from certain parts of SoCoDu them it's all totes amaze balls isn't it.

Her buddy Kieron "The Wolf" Duchie is a lovely guy too.

You're blaming Gerry Ryan for People dying?

Ryan was spending way over the odds for his cocaine addiction-far more than the street level, because he was trying to keep it secret.
    He was helping to fund the drug trade, and gangland crime.
    As was Katy French, and her 'friends'.

Many of those who died did so to help fund their addiction. You remember Anthony Campbell? The 20 year old plumbing apprentice who was executed because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time? He was working in the house of Martin Hyland, a known drug dealer, but who was hiding out in the house. Campbell died because of folks like Ryan and French. And nobody was ever arrested or convicted for his murder. He died in 2006, 2 years before French, 4 before Gerry.

Yet when French died by her own hand, and when Ryan died in a similar fashion, suddenly we were meant to 'mourn' these idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Bianca Luykx.

Liz Bonin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,639 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

redbuck wrote: »
    Liz Bonin.
    She has a nice niche on the Beeb for animal/science programmes - did a big show recently on plastic waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bianca Luykx.

Liz Bonin.

Liz Bonin?

She hardly disappeared. She went to the BBC years ago and still works with them on science and travel programmes.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Liz Bonin?

She hardly disappeared. She went to the BBC years ago and still works with them on science and travel programmes.

I stand corrected. Never knew she was working in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

lawred2 wrote: »
    Liz Bonin?

Doesnt she also have some high flying qualifications in Science from UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,192 ✭✭✭✭Water John

She's a Biochemist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Water John wrote: »
    She's a Biochemist.

No need to be rude! I'm sure she's a lovely lady all the same

Bianca Luykx.

Liz Bonin.

Bianca is the editor of VIP magazine.
    She's married to a surgeon, and a mom to at least one kid.

Liz is regularly on British tv. She's got a steady career.

Kerrie Ann, number 2 in the Irish charts in the late 90's and dated Stephen Gately.

Omero Mumba.

Dusty Rhodes. 2fm DJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Velcro Girl and DJ Lee from 2phat

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Brendan Kilkenny 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Emma Ledden. Formerly of Live and Kicking and MTV.

Kerrie Ann, number 2 in the Irish charts in the late 90's and dated Stephen Gately.

Omero Mumba.

Dusty Rhodes. 2fm DJ.

She is a hairdresser now and does a lot of backstage work for the Irish Eurovision team.

Next? Probably on the weed

Dj's are always looking for new radio contracts. I used to love him on Atlantic 252 before I developed musical taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

branie2 wrote: »
    Velcro Girl and DJ Lee from 2phat

Velcro girl married Dave Moore from Dermot and Dave.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dusty Rhodes runs a production company, they do the Irish language charts show most radio stations carry for one thing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,639 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Emma Ledden. Formerly of Live and Kicking and MTV.
    She's working in LinkedIn doing some corporate communications stuff. You can look her up on LinkedIn if you like.

Bianca Luykx.

Liz Bonin.

Liz Bonin went to BBC. She often presents science related programmes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bianca Lucyx I also felt was winging it, or even chancing it. Like she had a job doing something else and ended up on the the show by accident

Anna Nolan seems to vanished back into semi obscurity. For a BB contestant she had a long enough celebrity shelf life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anna Nolan seems to vanished back into semi obscurity. For a BB contestant she had a long enough celebrity shelf life.

She was writing a weekly column in the Herald, not sure if that's still active.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Bianca Lucyx I also felt was winging it, or even chancing it. Like she had a job doing something else and ended up on the the show by accident

You need to look at who daddy was. Most of these talentless montrose idiots are all pushed into the Billie Barry school at 4 and emerge out the other end as popstars and RTE Royalty

Advertisement