Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC VS Siemens App Discussion Stickey Temp

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Polling refers to how long the comms is down before you get a notification.
    If comms is ok alerts will be sent more or less in real time.
    The GSD feature, Smash and Grab, refers to the notification sent if the comms goes down after an alarm event or an entry zone opened. This can be set as low as 1 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Thanks KoolKid. So am I right to say that if we have Ethernet, and a backup GSM module, this polling delay will only affect us in the event that both channels are down simultaneously?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes. That's when I think you really need the quick polling times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Thank you. Knowledge is half the battle, so I think I'm getting there :D

So HKC have a polling time depending on the subscription plan, GSD have one subscription with a pretty good polling time, and what about Vadnerbilt?

Vanderbilt polling is set on the panel this can be programmed into six categories the fastest being down to 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

I don't know should i start a new thread or not,
    but i am thinking of getting the Siemens SPC control panel, i currently have a HKC panel and control pad but i don't have the engineers code so thinking of stripping it out and installing the Siemens gear.I haven't checked what panel type i have yet.

Just a query on the Siemens spc:
    It has camera capabilities but is it viewing video footage in real time or does it just provide stills?

The cctv integration just give you snapshots like HKCs.
    You would have a dedicated app for your camera anyway.
    Also look at the GSD i1070. Their integration with HikVision gives you live video.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The cctv integration just give you snapshots like HKCs.
    You would have a dedicated app for your camera anyway.
    Also look at the GSD i1070. Their integration with HikVision gives you live video.

I'll check that out also. Just out of interest my alarm is currently disconnected, powered down batteries removed and bell disabled, i don't have the engineers code but is it possible to reset the panel and start from scratch again? It is a HKC panel but as i said i don't know the product code at the moment, i like that it has outputs this can be very handy for enabling outside lights if the alarm goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

tweek84 wrote: »
    I'll check that out also. Just out of interest my alarm is currently disconnected, powered down batteries removed and bell disabled, i don't have the engineers code but is it possible to reset the panel and start from scratch again? It is a HKC panel but as i said i don't know the product code at the moment, i like that it has outputs this can be very handy for enabling outside lights if the alarm goes off.

Yes you could try a default of the system.
    Remove JP1 link, power back up the system, keypad will ask if you want to default on the keypad.
    If the system is engineer locked it will indicate this on the keypad and you would need an engineer to do same.
    If it defaults, default codes are 1111 user, 4567 engineer.
    Most systems can be set up to trigger lights when the alarm activates.

altor wrote: »
    Yes you could try a default of the system.
    Remove JP1 link, power back up the system, keypad will ask if you want to default on the keypad.
    If the system is engineer locked it will indicate this on the keypad and you would need an engineer to do same.
    If it defaults, default codes are 1111 user, 4567 engineer.
    Most systems can be set up to trigger lights when the alarm activates.

Perfect i will try that tonight or tomorrow night, out of interest does the HKC system require a subscription if you are using the land line as the connection instead of a gsm?

• Advertisement

Perfect i will try that tonight or tomorrow night, out of interest does the HKC system require a subscription if you are using the land line as the connection instead of a gsm?

No, you would be using voice so the only charge (if applicable) would be if your service provider charge you for the call.

You could try the default method set out above. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here re engineer codes. If its engineer locked any good installer can sort you out & reset it for you.
    Not for a voice dialler . There are charges if you want to use your IP connection for their app.

You could try the default method set out above. Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here re engineer codes. If its engineer locked any good installer can sort you out & reset it for you.

That's understandable who knows who would be lurking on the site.I worked for an alarm installer in the evenings when i was serving my time but that was back in 01 some areas of the controls have advanced alot since then and i have forgotten alot :D
    Not for a voice dialler . There are charges if you want to use your IP connection for their app.

Do you have to pay subscription for the app or just the 7.99 for the app itself?

No, you have to pay monthly or annual fees also.
    There are many better options available IMO.
    Take a look at sticky for more information and options..

Do you have to pay subscription for the app or just the 7.99 for the app itself?

There is a subscription charge. App is a once off fee but you can also just received texts and control the system using text also without installing the app.
    If it's an 8/12 you have you can add a GSM-SC-SW without upgrading the whole system.

Update for Android now available with push notifications.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siemens.spcconnect&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Yes. Push notifications are now available on SPC Connect for IOS.
    Now you can have double notifications via push notifications and email.
    You also have double options for connecting to the panel via the app or any web browser.
    Android to follow.

Android App has been updated also to include Push notifications.

Anyone link Hikvision NVR feeds to SPC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just a quick note: The push notification symbol is very similar to Google's weather app notication too which is a cloud symbol. Hopefully Vanderbilt will change it as it's difficult to distinguish between the two.

I would always advise users to use a unique tone(and generally a longer one) for alarm notifications.
    With that and the emails pushed together its very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Truth wins

Hey guys. I apologise if my question doesnt fit in this forum.

I have been looking for Siemens/Vanderbilt home intruder alarm supplier and fitter in Dublin but to no avail.

I have rang like 50 places and none of them have it or install Siemens. All are quoting for HKC.

I will be grateful if anyone of you can please PM me or message here the name of the company who does it.

The house is pre wired.

3 doors and 13 window openings and probably need a movement sensor inside.

Many thanks

• Advertisement

Truth wins wrote: »
    Hey guys. I apologise if my question doesnt fit in this forum.

I have been looking for Siemens/Vanderbilt home intruder alarm supplier and fitter in Dublin but to no avail.

I have rang like 50 places and none of them have it or install Siemens. All are quoting for HKC.

I will be grateful if anyone of you can please PM me or message here the name of the company who does it.

The house is pre wired.

3 doors and 13 window openings and probably need a movement sensor inside.

Many thanks
    Ring Siemens themselves i know they install in industrial and commerical installations they might point you in the right direction, RSPL i think install siemens

If you call a suppliers like REW or RWL they would put you in contact with plenty of installers close to you.

Thanks. I tried siemens but no luck.

Rang RSPL and they have given 1 contact detail who sent me a quote. I have no idea if this is competitive.

Am I allowed to post the details of the quote here?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

why do you think all those installers prefer hkc to siemens? maybe you should listen to all those guys who do it for a living!

Would you listen to a lad in Harvey Normans if he only wanted to see you one TV?

Siemens Vanderbilt (inc ACT)are probably one of the biggest Security manufacturers in the world.

Like comparing apples and oranges. Vanderbilt's wireless is basically a non entity as they don't do shock sensors and even their beams and contacts are poor at times.

HKC's wireless is the best out there, absolutely bullet proof and very versatile and there's a wireless solution for everything but this comes at a cost as it's pricy.

On a wired job they're comparable and I'd say vanderbilt shades it (once you never want anything wireless down the line).

Have never had an issue with Vanderbilt's wireless devices. No wireless shocks is a downfall , but they are a multinational company & shocks are only used in a couple of countries.
    What I will say though is ...... Watch this space.

It would be a welcome addition but too late. They should have had them when Siemens took over and there's a lot of ground to make up. HKC's wireless is light years ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Have never had an issue with Vanderbilt's wireless devices. No wireless shocks is a downfall , but they are a multinational company & shocks are only used in a couple of countries.
    What I will say though is ...... Watch this space.

I would not hold my breath.
    In other words there you are saying HKC care more about Ireland than Vanderbilt do.

• Advertisement

Hey guys

Quick question if you can please give your input on this.

I am getting the below but M/C contacts only and not the sensors as have been advised by the installer that sensors give false alarms so they dont put it. Should I go with the below. All for €650 plus €96 annual charge for SIM. Is this a competitive price?

3 No. Combined hard-wired contacts for doors

13 No. Combined hard-wired contacts for windows

2 No. PIR

1 No. Deltabell external siren & strobe

1 No. Internal siren

1 No. HKC Securewave 1070

1 No. HKC Securewave RKP

1 No. Battery & spur

1 No. HKC GSM-SC

Advertisement