Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC VS Siemens App Discussion Stickey Temp

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »

I would expect a tamper event from a panel being attacked quicker than the smash and grab.

While I agree with this, its also possible the tamper alert won't get through as the network could disconnect before that event.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    These type of alerts were developed by GSD

Are you serious :eek:
    Do a bit of research before claiming such a thing.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They were the first Panels I seen with the feature. Who had it before them?

While I agree with this, its also possible the tamper alert won't get through as the network could disconnect before that event.

Same can be applied before an intruder gains access to a home.

Thats where the good polling times come in..

• Advertisement

They were the first Panels I seen with the feature. Who had it before them?

Its an American feature used on systems over there.
    To claim GSD developed it is a laugh in itself :D

First to develop it over here so. Ahead of most of the bigger players. Pretty impressive either way.

First to develop it over here so. Ahead of most of the bigger players. Pretty impressive either way.

They implemented it into their system.
    Developed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

GSD did not come up with that feature. To claim they are the first to develop it is untrue. As already discussed on here before.

HKC will be releasing a more updated feature rich version of smash and crash.

The American systems use a type of smash and crash but it's a very well kept secret ;)

The phone watch panels over here are capable of using a type of smash and crash but they lack this feature as well as a lot of features phonewatch disable.

American system smash and crash?
    Well kept secret?
    GSD done well to implement this so.
    Theirs and Siemens /Vanderbilt are still the best that's on offer so far IMO.
    Also as there are no subscription charges there is no risk installers are being motivated by commission payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Siemens/Vanderbilt have today launced SPC Connect v1.1

This now gives free polling and notification of ATS up & down.
    It also will notify of entry time start as well as alarm events.
    These followed ATS down would alert you in the event of a smash & grab scenario.

V1.2 is now being tested which will also include push notifications.

A welcomed update but I'm not looking forward to losing the Siemens name. Vanderbilt doesn't have the same ring to it. Siemens is a household name associated with quality/reliability.

Same panel same quality.
    Polling can be set to 30 seconds with notifications after 3 minutes.
    Once V1.2 comes with the push notifications they really have everything covered I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

American system smash and crash?
    Well kept secret?
    GSD done well to implement this so.
    Theirs and Siemens /Vanderbilt are still the best that's on offer so far IMO.
    Also as there are no subscription charges there is no risk installers are being motivated by commission payments.

no no. Implement and developing are two very different things. Its not an achievement.

Sounds like you are suggesting something something against GSDs systems and features?

Same panel same quality.
    Polling can be set to 30 seconds with notifications after 3 minutes.
    Once V1.2 comes with the push notifications they really have everything covered I'd say.

Yes, I know it will be the same. My point was about the brand name. Trying to sell a Vanderbilt system as opposed to a Siemens might be a bit more of a sell and there will be a bit of "it used to be Siemens" .

I have been pushing the Vanderbilt brand slowly. I haven't seen any negative impact so far.
    The notifications follow the ATS settings . They can be set right up to polling every 8 seconds and notifications sent after 20 seconds.
    In all the testing the alerts arrive almost to the second.

Reading back over this thread today they are really hitting all the things people criticized them for lacking a few months ago.

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Implement and developing are two very different things.

I could not agree more.
    Good feature to have tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brusna

Siemens/Vanderbilt have today launced SPC Connect v1.1

This now gives free polling and notification of ATS up & down.
    It also will notify of entry time start as well as alarm events.
    These followed ATS down would alert you in the event of a smash & grab scenario.

V1.2 is now being tested which will also include push notifications.

I set up an account on the new SPC Connect but I can't register my panel to the site.

Do I need to be on the latest version of the firmware 3.6.5 for it to work? I am on 3.2.5 now.

You have to be on version 360 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brusna

You have to be on version 360 or higher.

Ok thanks, any chance you could send me the files please?

• Advertisement

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Okay, I'm going to ask a very naive question here...

Can I use the HKC app to tap into my CCTV footage, either live, or playback?

I know they were working on it, but I think its for IP cameras specific to their systems.
    Is that what you mean or have you a separate CCTV recorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know they were working on it, but I think its for IP cameras specific to their systems.
    Is that what you mean or have you a separate CCTV recorder?

Ah, I don't have a system yet, getting quotes (just started a thread :)). I was planning on getting a separate CCTV system...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

r3nu4l wrote:
    Can I use the HKC app to tap into my CCTV footage, either live, or playback?

I've a few systems running on my phone. All separate apps it does not make much difference tbh I find that you have to put codes in per system anyway on some and not on others. I've Siemens and HKC, and three camera apps.
    I dont really see the point of having them on the same app, it's handy but the most powerful cctv app I have just shows me cameras no alarms.
    Its a nice to have but by no means would I sacrifice a feature or choose hardware based on it.

Handy thing is that on the android TV box I can run a camera app and flick the tv over to view it.

Not the same as a HD connection but it works.

You could take an alarm output from your security system into your cctv system so that the cctv app would notify of alarm events.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭tippgaafan

SPC Panel Installed:
    Scheduled power interruption to house yesterday due to ESB works. I was at work and received an email from SPC connect indicating "Mains Fault".

Initially confused as to how the panel could have emailed me as the router would have been powered down.

Is this due to polling and that the email comes from the portal as opposed to the panel itself ?

Impressive response time..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Omarscoming

I received a quote for a HKC alarm system but don't know if I should choose the app or gsm dialler. I have query about the app. What happens when your alarm is activated but you cannot access the app? One alarm installer said a weak phone signal wont access the app and recommended GSM with a pay as you go sim.

The SPC Connect app will connect to the panel even with an edge signal.
    The SPC GSM can also be configured to connect to Spc Connect. This would give you a connection if your network was down. It could also send you alerts even if your phone didn't have a data connection. I have this done with a prepay sim for a lot less than their annual subscriptions. You can also get network poll fail notifications in under a minute as opposed to 8 hours later.

• Advertisement

I received a quote for a HKC alarm system but don't know if I should choose the app or gsm dialler. I have query about the app. What happens when your alarm is activated but you cannot access the app? One alarm installer said a weak phone signal wont access the app and recommended GSM with a pay as you go sim.

You'll need an some sort of phone Internet no matter which system you have. HKC's GSM-SC is fantastic value.

Advertisement