Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Xtra Factor presenters to be announced officially later tonight but if I was a betting man I'd put a few on myself and Harvey...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

fr336 wrote: »

I'm no fan of Grimshaw but trust the Mail to have an undertone in an article of disgust at the idea of a working class person rising "above their station" so to speak.

That being said, being the son of a marketing exec and an insurance broker, I reckon the Mail might just be overegging his working class upbringing just a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I wouldn't know Nick Grimshaw from Aiden Grimshaw, so I honestly don't have an opinion on him at all. Shame they brought back shameless self promoter Cheryl though. She was pretty unpopular as a judge last year.

Won't be the same without Louis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

He hangs on to famous peoples coat tails.

Winner of no awards
    Creator of no bands
    Producer of no songs
    Writer of no lyrics

However
    Can be seen out hanging into harry styles
    Has an messy dirty hair design
    Is creepy

He is utterly the worst person to have in a show like this..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

He hangs on to famous peoples coat tails.

Winner of no awards
    Creator of no bands
    Producer of no songs
    Writer of no lyrics

However
    Can be seen out hanging into harry styles
    Has an messy dirty hair design
    Is creepy

He is utterly the worst person to have in a show like this..

Most T4 alumni aren't very likeable anyway - although Dermot is a notable exception. :o:D;)

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Grimshaw but trust the Mail to have an undertone in an article of disgust at the idea of a working class person rising "above their station" so to speak.

That being said, being the son of a marketing exec and an insurance broker, I reckon the Mail might just be overegging his working class upbringing just a bit.

Haha working class my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Xtra Factor presenters to be announced officially later tonight but if I was a betting man I'd put a few on myself and Harvey...:pac:

Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I don't get all this hatred for Nick Grimshaw to be honest. Why is he "a creep"? He's a well known and popular radio dj and television presenter. Granted he would then have seemed a more obvious choice for Xtra Factor presenter rather than judge but even so,relax with all the vitriol lads!

I find him quite likeable,witty & self-depricating on his tv show,which Ricky & Melvin were team captains on btw (Melvin still is) as well as being radio djs themselves also so hardly "unknowns",any of them. Have they been confirmed as Xtra Factor hosts? Saw that Rochelle Humes was also mentioned,she's also a team captain on Sweat The Small Stuff - it seems Simon Cowell is a big fan of the show! It is entertaining in fairness & doesn't take itself seriously. I think at this juncture,that's probably what the X Factor needs to try & survive.

It's unfair to hold it against him that he's friends with Harry Styles - so is Simon Cowell! And Grimshaw was around long before Harry Styles or any of that lot. More hands-on experience in the music industry doesn't necessarily make a good judge either (see Paula Abdul,Mariah Carey etc) so I for one am interested to see what direction this new approach will take the sinking ship in.

Don't slam him before you've even seen him,at least reserve judgement until after the show starts for god's sake! Go Grimmy! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Is your man
    Melvin Odoom from JLS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Is your man
    Melvin Odoom from JLS?

No! Probably
    Marvin
    you're thinking of! Not sure why we're spoilering here but carry on! :pac::pac:

I think this year could backfire hugely on them - the show is going more for the cringy youth vote more than ever. Everything will be more superficial than ever before - "Love you, no love you more" Christ almighty it's going to be hell. X Factor used to be good when it at least had a semblance of comedy. These replacements are the definition of bland. After all the years of it being an apparently hugely successful TV show and discovering "the biggest band on earth", this is the best they can come up? Seems to me TXF isn't as big a brand as they shout.

Rochelle's husband is Marvin from JLS he present The Voice on BBC now

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Rochelle's husband is Marvin from JLS he present The Voice on BBC now

Haha I'd totally forgotten he did that! But then you would, wouldn't you? To be fair though there is a lack of great TV presenters coming through, I mean when Emma Willis is being mentioned as a brilliant presenter there is an issue.

MelanieC wrote: »
    I don't get all this hatred for Nick Grimshaw to be honest. Why is he "a creep"? He's a well known and popular radio dj and television presenter. Granted he would then have seemed a more obvious choice for Xtra Factor presenter rather than judge but even so,relax with all the vitriol lads!

I find him quite likeable,witty & self-depricating on his tv show,which Ricky & Melvin were team captains on btw (Melvin still is) as well as being radio djs themselves also so hardly "unknowns",any of them. Have they been confirmed as Xtra Factor hosts? Saw that Rochelle Humes was also mentioned,she's also a team captain on Sweat The Small Stuff - it seems Simon Cowell is a big fan of the show! It is entertaining in fairness & doesn't take itself seriously. I think at this juncture,that's probably what the X Factor needs to try & survive.

It's unfair to hold it against him that he's friends with Harry Styles - so is Simon Cowell! And Grimshaw was around long before Harry Styles or any of that lot. More hands-on experience in the music industry doesn't necessarily make a good judge either (see Paula Abdul,Mariah Carey etc) so I for one am interested to see what direction this new approach will take the sinking ship in.

Don't slam him before you've even seen him,at least reserve judgement until after the show starts for god's sake! Go Grimmy! ;-)

I don't really have an issue with Grimmy just mad he is taking Lulu judging spot

I think Simon needs someone he can banter and have a laugh with and it isn't Cheryl maybe Grimmy and Ora will surprise us :p

I don't really have an issue with Grimmy just mad he is taking Lulu judging spot

I think Simon needs someone he can banter and have a laugh with and it isn't Cheryl maybe Grimmy and Ora will surprise us :p

Exactly! I think so too. Louis was always my favourite judge but then his heart hasn't really been it the last few series and even his rhetoric had become stale & predictable so some new youngblood is probably no bad thing. Remains to be seen anyway.

Doesn't anyone else here watch Sweat The Small Stuff?! It's good fun & Melvin and Rochelle have shown themselves to be funny, good sports & up for anything. So for once I'm not worried about the "bland" factor. They have far more charisma & personality than SJC in my opinion.

Rochelle Humes and Melvin Odoom confirmed

Well, at least Simon hasn't decided on three presenters - which, I think everyone will agree, would be too many.

But I, for one, would have just had Olly and Caroline host both shows. And that's assuming Sarah-Jane jumped instead of being pushed. :o;)

Mollie's my favourite Saturday, anyway. :o:D;)

large_Mollie_Saturdays_Pictures_8937.jpg

Haha I'd totally forgotten he did that! But then you would, wouldn't you? To be fair though there is a lack of great TV presenters coming through, I mean when Emma Willis is being mentioned as a brilliant presenter there is an issue.

Emma isn't brilliant - she certainly isn't as good on Big Brother as Davina was - but I wouldn't say she's rubbish either.

Not when she's been in the business over a decade at this stage.

(You'd forget that she was Emma Griffiths, and that her hair was longer... :o:D;))

MelanieC wrote: »
    Exactly! I think so too. Louis was always my favourite judge but then his heart hasn't really been it the last few series and even his rhetoric had become stale & predictable so some new youngblood is probably no bad thing. Remains to be seen anyway.

Doesn't anyone else here watch Sweat The Small Stuff?! It's good fun & Melvin and Rochelle have shown themselves to be funny, good sports & up for anything. So for once I'm not worried about the "bland" factor. They have far more charisma & personality than SJC in my opinion.

I enjoyed Olly and Caroline as Xtra Factor hosts so new hosts Rochelle and Melvin have tough double act shoes to fill plus now the dream team are back as the main show hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I enjoyed Olly and Caroline as Xtra Factor hosts so new hosts Rochelle and Melvin have tough double act shoes to fill plus now the dream team are back as the main show hosts

Loved Olly and Caroline, I think Rochelle and Melvin will do a good job. Sarah Jane was the worst. It could be worse Brian Dowling was in the running :eek:

As for judges not a major fan of Nick but I hate Cheryl on the panel, dull as dishwater. Alisha Dixon would of been excellent but then I think it would rune BGT.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Loved Olly and Caroline, I think Rochelle and Melvin will do a good job. Sarah Jane was the worst. It could be worse Brian Dowling was in the running :eek:

Konnie, anyone? :o:o:D;)

• Advertisement

I get the impression that the folks at the Daily Star will not enjoy watching Xtra this year... :o:o:o:D;)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/448827/Xtra-Factor-hosts-Rochelle-Hulmes-Melvin-Odoom

I get the impression that the folks at the Daily Star will not enjoy watching Xtra this year... :o:o:o:D;)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/448827/Xtra-Factor-hosts-Rochelle-Hulmes-Melvin-Odoom

Wow,that's harsh.
    Whatever happened to giving people a chance & seeing how they do?
    Konnie Huq was very experienced yet was a disaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

For some reason she slipped my mind, I watch X Factor in 2010 but clearly didn't bother with Xtra Factor.

Is it me or does anybody watch it before live shows I always wait until lives.

The problem with Konnie is that she was too good for it. She'd didn't know how to placate the likes of Cheryl and the other princess......Lulu. :P

She was genius and the best presenter from a viewer perspective bar none!

Wagner: "I am with God, who could be against me?"
    Konnie: "Athiests?"

:D:D:D:D The greatest comedy partnership of our time, much missed.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    The problem with Konnie is that she was too good for it. She'd didn't know how to placate the likes of Cheryl and the other princess......Lulu. :P

Yeah Danii Minogue didn't seem to like her at all - must hurt when the X Factor bubble is burst and you have to be in the real world again :P (I.e. mainly being Kylie's sister :pac:)

Yeah Danii Minogue didn't seem to like her at all - must hurt when the X Factor bubble is burst and you have to be in the real world again :P (I.e. mainly being Kylie's sister :pac:)

Yeah I always like Dannii but I do remember her being a bit of a bitch to Konnie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

It's going to be so weird watching it this year without Louis or Dermot... I guess Grimmy and Olly are going to have to be my faves now.

I can't stand Caroline Flack or Rita Ora (or Cheryl, but tbh that goes without saying). I'm kind of dreading having to watch them all together week in week out. But X Factor is my traditional guilty pleasure watch so I will have to suffer on.

I actually quite liked Sarah Jane and was sad to hear she was going, but from what I've seen of Rochelle Humes and Marvin Odoom I think they'll be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Now that the judges have been confirmed, what categories do you think they will mentor (assuming they stay with that format). I think they will be:

Simon - Boys
    Cheryl - Overs
    Rita - Girls
    Nick - Groups

• Advertisement

I'd say :

Simon - Groups
    Cheryl - Overs
    Rita - Girls
    Nick - Boys

I don't think Simon will mind giving himself the Groups tbh.

Advertisement