Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

fr336 wrote: »
    Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw CONFIRMED

God have mercy

Balls.

I was really hoping the Louis rumours were the usual crap :(

They must be trying to appeal to a younger demographic again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

nope nope absolute nope. bring back Louis Walsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If Comrade Beeb says it, it must be right.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33132895

I disagree with Simon about this being the best-kept secret, because it so obviously isn't. Not when the rumours regarding Nick had been circulating for at least a month, while the tabloids and the gossip sites had been acting like they WANTED Rita to leave The Voice for XF for the last TWO MONTHS... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(I had to put a lot of emphasis on those three words. I just had to. And I had to use that many roll-eyes smilies. :o:o:D;))

I'm slightly surprised that less than 9% of the viewers are in the 16-24 age range. But then again, you do get more beautiful people on Strictly and on I'm A Celebrity... :o:o:D;)

Finally, it looks as if the Xtra Factor will continue - but the two guys who are being tipped to host it are surely even lesser known than Sarah-Jane.

How come SJ isn't doing Xtra Factor this year? I thought she was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Who are the rumoured Xtra Factor bods?

I genuinely won't be able to put up with Grimshaw. Not many people I really dislike, I enjoy disliking Cheryl but don't really, but Grimshaw..yuck. Chris Moyles would have been a lot better and had chemistry with everyone!
    I'm coming to the conclusion that Simon feels the show is now on borrowed time and is clinging on by aiming for the lucrative youth demographic more and more rather than trying to beat the BBC in raw viewing figures. The younger this show has become the worse I've found it. The happy medium was 2010 where they had the pitch just right.

P.S. Harvey if you think the BBC is in any way communist, it's the complete opposite !

P.P.S. I wonder if bosses at The Voice will be singing "RIP to the girl we used to know" this morning :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come SJ isn't doing Xtra Factor this year? I thought she was great.

Rochelle Humes rumoured to be doing Xtra Factor this year

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh no. She is the epitome of bland.

I wonder is Rita getting paid more than Cheryl

Any chance Calvin Harris (ex of Rita bad break up) would gate crash again the stage again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Rita Ora ok but jesus what do you say about Nick Grimshaw? Thoroughly unlikeable individual to me, and pigeonholed in everywhere until people like him. I mean just what's the deal does he have some potion that's making him order of the day? He's 'in' with Rita, 'in' with Cowell, 'in' with Flack, 'in' with Chris Evans...you just can't escape him. This is the first ever year I'll literally have to avoid the vast majority if not all of X Factor, really don't like this guy!

I hope Strictly batter it with Louis Walsh in a starring role ;)

I don't even know who Nick Grimshaw is, had to google him, boooring!!

Prefer Rita on The Voice. Prefer The Voice full stop, wish it would run for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

so when they announce the hosts at the beginning of the show, will it go something like this?

Riiittta Ora, multi million platinum seller......bla bla bla

then it goes to

Niiiiiiick Griiiiiimshaw , friend of harry styles, dj , all round creep

• Advertisement

Who are the rumoured Xtra Factor bods?

P.S. Harvey if you think the BBC is in any way communist, it's the complete opposite !

I know - I just seized the opportunity to paraphrase Orwell and be ironic at the same time. :o:D;)

Surely Xtra Factor can't have three hosts? :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :o:D

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/15/have-rickie-haywood-williams-and-melvin-odoom-been-signed-up-as-the-xtra-factor-hosts-5246802/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You actually couldn't get a more Z list panel and Xtra Factor hosts if you tried!

Prediction - Ratings are going to bomb this year!

so when they announce the hosts at the beginning of the show, will it go something like this?

Riiittta Ora, multi million platinum seller......bla bla bla

then it goes to

Niiiiiiick Griiiiiimshaw , friend of harry styles, dj , all round creep

:D:D:D:D

I disagree with Simon about this being the best-kept secret, because it so obviously isn't.

I think he was being sarcastic dear Harvey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

:D:D:D:D

I even laughed at my own joke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Is The Voice finished for good? Cowell has just taken a sh1t on the Beeb.

Jon Stark wrote: »

Doubt it, still to find its groove if it ever does. Still what's it on now series 4? More than Cowell's X Factor USA :D

Jon Stark wrote: »

Just because Rita has switched allegiance (so to speak) doesn't mean that The Voice is dead.

Indeed, auditions for next year's series are due to start this week in Belfast...

:o:D:);)

Just because Rita has switched allegiance (so to speak) doesn't mean that The Voice is dead.

Indeed, auditions for next year's series are due to start this week in Belfast...

:o:D:);)

It's not The Voice's fault if X Factor is 'hot right now'.... Ok I'll stop :pac:

I can imagine him being introduced on the live shows as Grimmy...CRINGE FACTOR 180 ARGH

• Advertisement

I hope the ratings are at an all time low this year

Well that's spooky...my mum just said exactly the same thing and she's mainly a Strictly fan :p

I was nearly gonna say I won't be watching this year...but I know I will :o Hope you lot will all be with me, this thread isn't as fun without us all complaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I was nearly gonna say I won't be watching this year...but I know I will :o Hope you lot will all be with me, this thread isn't as fun without us all complaining :D

Ah sure you know we all will be, and your competition makes it all the better for us, look forward to all your posts come end of August. It's the show we love to hate but would never miss it.

Also I think after Summer when there is literally nothing on the telly, we are all desperate for a bit of entertainment. :cool:

Live shows cut from ten to seven.

Live shows cut from ten to seven.

Where did you hear that?

I was reading (can't remember where) that the Rugby World Cup is going to impact on the show as some of the Saturday evening games will clash with X Factor's usual slot, meaning that there will be some Sundays where the live shows and results show will all be shown in one day. That'll be a lot of hangover telly...

Where did you hear that?

I was reading (can't remember where) that the Rugby World Cup is going to impact on the show as some of the Saturday evening games will clash with X Factor's usual slot, meaning that there will be some Sundays where the live shows and results show will all be shown in one day. That'll be a lot of hangover telly...

I believe the Rugby will clash with the earlier stages and not the live shows, but don't quote me on that :P

I read about the live shows in a Mirror article just now, seemed pretty concrete details.

I believe the Rugby will clash with the earlier stages and not the live shows, but don't quote me on that :P

I read about the live shows in a Mirror article just now, seemed pretty concrete details.

Well the world cup runs up to the end of October, and the live shows usually start around the start of October so it could well do!

They'll have a tough job beating 2009 and 2010. It wasn't even just the acts or judges or how things went, the whole production seemed to have Simon and everyone else's heart in it - the production values were brilliant and it was exciting. When a long running TV show begins to look like money for old rope, there's a big issue.

• Advertisement

New producers this year too - one of the people pictured with Cheryl here looks like the producer of BGT to me which I guess you could say is consistently successful (Personally I dislike it quite a lot and find X Factor far more entertaining and, dare I say it, real...yes I just called XF more real) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3127269/Cheryl-Fernandez-Versini-looks-ready-business-pale-suit-leaves-hotel-X-Factor-meeting.html

Advertisement