Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time 10th March 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

https://twitter.com/Finianmcgrathtd/status/576357364909142016
    Gun lobby really trying to misrepresent my views on guns. Strong regulation and public safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

^^^^

Shouldn't that read TD trying to misrepresent the facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Sparks wrote: »

How many times does it have to be pointed out to this idiot that we already have strong regulation ??

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clawback07

Is it all beginning to get to him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Nope his most highest Cheif Poobah in Henry St is staying put for another eight years or so .Its his understudy who is being replaced.[The last lad left under a bit of a cloud and a hurry too it seems?].The new replacement Super is a local and supposedly a good egg,as much as you can belive I guess.

Shure you dont want to be changing them that often either..All the hassle of having to retrain a new one is a bother.:)

Puke! This is the sort of post that convinces me there are some right assholes holding forearms certs and I can understand AGS not wanting to grant them to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

clawback07 wrote: »
    Is it all beginning to get to him ?

Says he's not paranoid, by the way (it's just that they're all out to get him).

crusier wrote: »
    Puke! This is the sort of post that convinces me there are some right assholes holding forearms certs and I can understand AGS not wanting to grant them to them

Bit of history to that story, Cruiser. I'm sure OP happy to fill you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

Steady on Crusier - no need to be so aggressive. Limerick Division of AGS has a colorful history with Firearms owners. Take a look back at 3 significant posts that took place in the last 3 years especially one of mine. You don't know the full story otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,951 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hi Cruiser
    this is the asshole you are referring to...
    whats got you so hot and bothrerd that you have to get personal??Do explain your what's upsetting you and ill try and clear it up??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I agree with Crusier 100% on this one.... as I can also understand why AGS does not want to grant forearms certs ....LMAO :D;):D

Crusier

Sadly, there are assholes walking the face of the earth, with or without access to licenced firearms. Likewise, there are assholes driving cars on the same roads as you, collecting their kids from the same schools as you etc.

The fact that the Gardai carefully vet each licence holder, helps reduce the risk of those assholes getting licenced firearms, but even the Gardai can't get it right all of the time. Even if they did, those assholes may well be some of the people who would go and purchase an illegal firearm....

Just do the rest of us a favour and don't tar us all with the same brush please.

Thanks,

G.

Why are we still giving this incorrigible anti gun fool any more publicity oxygen???Seems we are the only people responding to his raving??None of his followers seem intrested...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Because his followers are watching. And they're learning about us. As is everyone else watching this.

And if another TD or political party thinks we're unreasonable people who won't get any public sympathy if thrown under a bus by an Irish TD just before an election, that would be a good misunderstanding to clarify for them by example.

Ok ...but its like getting the village idiot to do advanced calcalus.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Hi Cruiser
    this is the asshole you are referring to...
    whats got you so hot and bothrerd that you have to get personal??Do explain your what's upsetting you and ill try and clear it up??

I don't know any of the individuals referred to by you but they can be easily identified due to their positions held or previously held. I think the post is slanderous and I wonder would you sign off on the post with your real name and address? I'm by no means anti gun and I have more experience of firearms than most but there is an arrogance by some that will feed right into Mcgraths plans, I'll bugger of now and leave ye alone before I get banned!

Sparks wrote: »
    Because his followers are watching. And they're learning about us. As is everyone else watching this.

And if another TD or political party thinks we're unreasonable people who won't get any public sympathy if thrown under a bus by an Irish TD just before an election, that would be a good misunderstanding to clarify for them by example.

Hence this:

Yuba Bill @YubaBill

@Finianmcgrathtd "Gun Lobby" got several msgs of support from your constituents after your grandstanding. Got any tweets of support here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ok ...but its like getting the village idiot to do advanced calcalus.

Yes, but why should the village idiot be allowed quote false figures, equate heavily regulated, law abiding sportsmen & women with murderous drug dealing gang members, compare his constituency with an infamous gang ridden district in California, and use tragic suicide victims as a prop to his political career?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Yes, but why should the village idiot be allowed quote false figures, equate heavily regulated, law abiding sportsmen & women with murderous drug dealing gang members, compare his constituency with an infamous gang ridden district in California, and use tragic suicide victims as a prop to his political career?

From the responses we got from non-shooters, I would say that joe Public can see right through Finian.

He is way, way OTT.

And I don't remember hearing an outcry about safety/gun rampages or drug gangs tooling up with stolen firearms to kill children on Joe Duffy the day after PT........

The man is a kite-flying fool, trying to make a victim of himself for the ICABS sympathy vote in the GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john the revelator

The post which read "the man is a kite flying fool" was right on the money.
    People like F McGrath are dangerous because they are ignorant and have no regard for the truth.
    Fortunately he has no chance of being re-elected, but he has already caused harm ..... pity the lawyer was so ineffective on Prime Time ... he should not have allowed himself to be shouted down by McGrath.
    A debate on Prime Time is no place for good manners or gentlemanly behaviour .... you need to go for the jugular.
    I'm sure this has been covered already, but why was Des Crofton not on the programe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 B412

There is no one out there Objecting to the Gardai veting potential licence holders, it's how they do it, there is one particular CS and he has stated openly he has no knowledge when it comes to firearms, but relies on experts from Dublin.The same experts that gave misleading information in a number of appeals , this CS does not want firearms in his Division, and doesn't care if you have to take an appeal,it's not costing him one cent ,he still gets paid regardless remember they don't like loosening so they will keep changing the rules ,

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Because he is the village idiot. ..So would you expect any sort of rational thought or consideration for an oposing POV ? As well as using arguments or more like emotive rants to justify your position is a idiot arguments tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Whatever we think of Finian, we aren't doing our cause any good by calling him an idiot and a fool on the Internet.

We'll get far more respect from neutrals if we drop the name calling.

Keep at him by all means, but keep it civil.

I don't know any of the individuals referred to by you but they can be easily identified due to their positions held or previously held. I think the post is slanderous and I wonder would you sign off on the post with your real name and address? I'm by no means anti gun and I have more experience of firearms than most but there is an arrogance by some that will feed right into Mcgraths plans, I'll bugger of now and leave ye alone before I get banned!

Okay well you know this is a grand little country for finding out things about people
    .Since your last message I have been informed about WHY he left !<snip> seeing that you don't know the individuals involved what dog do you have in this fight? I do know and have skin in this as do most of the people who went to the DC in Limerick and we are being nice and actually showing mercy in this case about his departure <snip>

Gosh!!! Are people still use ing that kiddy argument of put your name and own address behind your posts to prove you stand by them? The AGS know who I am,as does anyone else here who wants to find out. In case you forgot ...We are discussing firearms ownership here and some modicum of security is still needed and anyone who thinks that's cowardice really hasn't thought their own security through either have they?No point in making it too easy now for criminals is it?They read here too you know?

BTW if you know so much about firearms....not weapons here ....you would know that Brevick never used an M4...It was a ruger mini 14 with added bits Just by looking at thee pics of the gun?

Missing you already darling!

Mod note: Deep breath please folks, and remember rule number one from the charter and that this is not a private forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Whatever we think of Finian, we aren't doing our cause any good by calling him an idiot and a fool on the Internet.

We'll get far more respect from neutrals if we drop the name calling.

Keep at him by all means, but keep it civil.

You have a good point but did we gain any respect from the neutrals when we were lumped in with gangland murderers and rampage killers ala Brevik ?

I agree civility is the way to go but F.McGrath needs to be questioned everyday about his misrepresentation of the stats until he gives an answer.

Either he knew the correct stats and lied or he didn't know them. If he didn't know them he has no place on the committee and no place on national TV spouting inaccurate data. If he deliberately lied......Either way it seems to me he's incompetent.

B412 wrote: »
    The same experts that gave misleading information in a number of appeals , this CS does not want firearms in his Division, and doesn't care if you have to take an appeal,it's not costing him one cent ,he still gets paid regardless remember they don't like loosening so they will keep changing the rules ,

It actually costs them now if they loose!District court rules 2014 signed into law in Feb of that year.You as an appelant are entitled to seek costs now.Limerick lost six cases in Oct 2014[two of them to me]at about 5 thousand euros a pop. 30 grand of tax payers money into our solicitors pockets because they would not back down....THIS is the core of the entire universeal arguement here.Lose in Oct 2014,new ban proposals in Nov2014.....Coincidence???Dont think so.

Heckler wrote: »
    You have a good point but did we gain any respect from the neutrals when we were lumped in with gangland murderers and rampage killers ala Brevik ?

I agree civility is the way to go but F.McGrath needs to be questioned everyday about his misrepresentation of the stats until he gives an answer.

Either he knew the correct stats and lied or he didn't know them. If he didn't know them he has no place on the committee and no place on national TV spouting inaccurate data. If he deliberately lied......Either way it seems to me he's incompetent.

considering what he and his pals refer to us in the ICABS and hunt sab circuts.....As well as some dispraging comment made by Mc Grath about deer hunters someplace awhile ago.We are being the paragons of politeness.

From ICABS website.Finians stance of field sports,so his anti gun stances arent surprising..

Finian McGrath, TD (Independent, Dublin North Central):
    "Finian McGrath saved the day for the stags of north Dublin and Meath this week by voting with the Government on the hunting ban." Irish Independent, July 3rd 2010.

"Finian McGrath and Maureen O'Sullivan have told the Herald that they are determined to see stag hunting ended. Both say that blood sports are entirely wrong and should be stamped out as soon as possible..."I would be totally against blood sports," [Finian] said. "I have major concern around the chasing of stags. There have been a couple of serious incidents. In one incident a stag was chased into a schoolyard. It was appalling, disgraceful." Evening Herald, June 29 2010.

"I support the plan to end doping and rigging of greyhound races. I demand standards in the industry to root out doping and sleaze. Although it is an important social and family event, the downside of it is coursing, on which we need a debate." During a Dail debate on the Greyhound Industry (Doping Regulation) Bill 2006, 8th June 2006.

"You have my total support in relation to blood sports. I am definitely opposed to them". November, 2003

On 27th March 2013, Finian McGrath supported amendments to the Animal Health and Welfare Bill which sought to outlaw hare coursing, foxhunting, terrierwork, digging-out, ferreting and fur farming.

Personally, I've decided to call closed season on Finian.

He's just dying for one of us to overstep the mark and run to the red tops with blood dripping from his wounds.

Not taking any more bait, we've done a good enough job exposing him for the joker he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anyone get a response from RTE Complaints? Email or otherwise?

• Advertisement

Just acknowledgement of receipt, nothing else yet.

Advertisement