Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

********Motors Chat - Round 8 ********

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I had my suspicions and when I removed the air filter good old renault rediculously long intervals shined through. I wouldn't call it seriously bad but bad enough I've replaced better ones than put it that way. I think renault recommend 60k km interval and there is about 30k km on this one by the looks of it. So rang my closest renault dealer 26 quid for an air filter fcuk that OEM Mann one from micksgarage sub 14 euro now just wait to get it delivered.

I got nightbreaker unlimited too to get free delivery I love them bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Bpmull wrote: »

Still haven't ordered mine... Can't wait to try them out :(

Pov06 wrote: »
    Still haven't ordered mine... Can't wait to try them out :(

They are great better shade of light than normal and a lot brighter. I mean the standard bulbs are quite good in the megane but I'm gone so use to the nightbreakers I couldn't do with out them longterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just a heads up lads since I see talk of Osram Nightbreakers. I bought a set myself a couple of months ago and they're great. I have yellow Osram Fogbreakers too which I'm happy with. If ye're buying online, this eBay shop is the exact same seller as the website powerbulbs. For whatever reason, they run an eBay shop under a different name that undercuts all their websites prices?! I got Osrams there for €22 which was much cheaper than anywhere else at the time :)

I'll try dig out the proof of this after work, but when I ordered them, the receipt had the powerbulbs company details on it even though I bought from the upgradebulbs eBay shop. Worth keeping in mind when buying any bulbs!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just one question on pcp unless your name is on the logbook as owner you've no insurable interest in the car as you are not the owner?

So logically your name would have to be on the logbook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Stheno wrote: »
    Just one question on pcp unless your name is on the logbook as owner you've no insurable interest in the car as you are not the owner?

The name on the logbook can either be yours or your wife's/husband's for you to have insurable interest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pov06 wrote: »
    The name on the logbook can either be yours or your wife's/husband's for you to have insurable interest.

Yes but my point is it can't be the finance house as bpmull is claiming

Stheno wrote: »

I said that to the same people as Id know that from my Lc business studies day but they were convinced it was. I definitely wouldn't have came on here to say it just for tha sake of it anyway. I'm well and truly sick of talking about it. The comment I made pages back was more pointing too how it's making cars so disposable where you just keep throwing the keys back getting a new one I wasnt aiming for the pros and cons of Pcp vs HP. As most people just look at the monthly repayments and Pcp has the lower monthly repayments therefore to the majority of people it's the cheaper better option.

Anyone else notice fuel prices crawling back up mainly down to the crap exchange rate no doubt. I filled up yesterday in my local topaz 1.349 for diesel and I think Petrol was 1.479 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I filled up at Esso yesterday for €1.419 petrol, diesel was €1.309

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »

Kilkenny is generally a bit pricier alright. I think esso kilkenny is 1.329 at the moment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

GvidoR wrote: »

That's not bad. I just paid 1.32.9 in Naas Oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Anyone else notice fuel prices crawling back up mainly down to the crap exchange rate no doubt. I filled up yesterday in my local topaz 1.349 for diesel and I think Petrol was 1.479 :eek:

Yup, this is my fuelly log since March. I'm going to be filling up @ €1.479 this week too unfortunately...

Nzac8GMl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

It was €1.399 for petrol at that 24 hour place in Carrick yesterday as well.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Yup, this is my fuelly log since March. I'm going to be filling up @ €1.479 this week too unfortunately...

I have to say I'm starting to like Fuelly very handy to be able to look back on it all. I only started getting into using it a few months ago. The megane so far is not doing great worse than the golf but hopefully the air filter may help a bit it may need a fuel filter too. Although I did do a lot of town driving first tank and the fact it was sitting up ages it is only fully cleared out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I got diesel for 1.29 and tractor diesel was .90 in Kilkenny, @BPmull you're not looking in the right places ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

27 - 26 to the daysul bimmer :eek:. Feckin accountants :pac:

!

So the Honda is gone into my mechanic and he's gonna use it as his driver tomorrow and he's a Honda mechanic mate he is gonna get to take a look if needs be

So if when I check in with him tomorrow and he does think the issue is the autobox, and I go back to the dealers I bought it from and get them to check/confirm the isssue, what happens if it's e.g. worst case scenario and the box needs to be replaced?

What are the dealers options? Can they refuse to fix it and offer a refund?

The warranty specifically calls out the gearbox as being covered

I'm kinda hoping there is nothing wrong obviously and that if there is its minor but trying to figure out what happens worst case as above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I had my suspicions and when I removed the air filter good old renault rediculously long intervals shined through. I wouldn't call it seriously bad but bad enough I've replaced better ones than put it that way. I think renault recommend 60k km interval and there is about 30k km on this one by the looks of it. So rang my closest renault dealer 26 quid for an air filter fcuk that OEM Mann one from micksgarage sub 14 euro now just wait to get it delivered.

To be fair, BP, if I'm buying a car off a Renault Dealer I'd have expected them to change that before I'd collected it...

166man wrote: »
    To be fair, BP, if I'm buying a car off a Renault Dealer I'd have expected them to change that before I'd collected it...

I thought the same earlier then thought I was being harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Bolomaster

Yikes this talk of fuel prices is so depressing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Mother of god that is beautiful!

image-556383533ac42.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

140.9 in Maxol Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe they didn't have time to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ahhhh nothing like a nice clean car eh :)

17909482900_0e0e2b4c75_h.jpg

It was blue about a week ago.... No tweek no reek no feek hai :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes, that's nothing like a nice clean car.

Is this another 406 or have you had it a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yes, that's nothing like a nice clean car.

Is this another 406 or have you had it a while?

Exactly :D

Same one, have it 2 months now :) been too busy driving it to take many pics of it...!

Well if they follow renault intervals it's only due every 60k km I'm just fussy. Infairness there is a new battery, new oil filter with a recent date stamp to prove its changed. 150 euro worth of new front and rear fitted mudflaps and a brand new renault aero wipers too.

As its fifty km away to the garage it wouldn't be worth driving back plus I woukdnt go back to them over an air filter. As I said what Id consider dirty a lot wouldnt there is not a huge amount of particles but a good bit of dirt. It's been in 30 out of the 60k km.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Maybe they didn't have time to :D

Might have been afraid they'd lose it..!

Well if they follow renault intervals it's only due every 60k km I'm just fussy. Infairness there is a new battery, new oil filter with a recent date stamp to prove its changed. 150 euro worth of new front and rear fitted mudflaps and a brand new renault aero wipers too.

As its fifty km away to the garage it wouldn't be worth driving back plus I woukdnt go back to them over an air filter. As I said what Id consider dirty a lot wouldnt there is not a huge amount of particles but a good bit of dirt. It's been in 30 out of the 60k km.

Well if I'm spending that much, I don't want to have to replace my air filter after 30k km, I'd like it to be 60k km. I know it might seem like a small thing but any car at that value should be properly serviced before going out with all filters replaced.

Why did a new battery have to go into such a new car? The Mercedes Im driving is 14 years old and on the original battery!

• Advertisement

Might have been afraid they'd lose it..!

Well if I'm spending that much, I don't want to have to replace my air filter after 30k km, I'd like it to be 60k km. I know it might seem like a small thing but any car at that value should be properly serviced before going out with all filters replaced.

Why did a new battery have to go into such a new car? The Mercedes Im driving is 14 years old and on the original battery!

Because when you leave a battery sitting for months on end it doesn't do it any favours they put it in more as a precaution the other was working but didn't seem great so I said it too them. I get what your saying but if that is the oy thing I can find wrong with it I'm not doing too bad. Plus it has new front pads and basically 4 new decent brand tyres.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement