Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Lollipop 5.1

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

NEXUS 9 LTE OTA
    Nexus 9 LTE (flounder_lte 0P82200) - volantisg
    Current firmware: Android 5.1.1, Build LMY47X

LMY47X from LRX22L

Nexus 9 LTE 5.1.1 (LMY47X) Factory Image now available

Nexus 5 5.1.1 OTA from LMY47D

Nexus 5 5.1.1(LMY48B) Factory Image now also available!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just got 5.1.1 on my Nexus 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Discodog wrote: »
    Had it for a couple of days on mine too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Discodog wrote: »
    Available but not yet installed. How well is it performing compared to 5.1?

ixoy wrote: »

Seems fine so far. I can't really notice any difference. I found 5.1 to be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Got the notification for 5.1.1 this evening, Nexus 4. 18 MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

ixoy wrote: »

Lollipop is really starting to annoy me.
    Nexus 4
    Installed 5.1.1 and battery life has taken a hit. Phone shows as awake all the time. This was resolved in 5.1.
    Screen stays on even if set to go off after 30 seconds. Some apps are acting the maggot.
    Looking like I will have to do a factory reset and clear cache partition.
    Ahhhhh......Google you have made a real dogs dinner of this update to Lollipop. An 18mb update shouldn't take a factory reset. It really is appalling to have to do this for a simple update.
    I am pretty tech savvy and can cope with this but I would hate to be a Joe Blogs who hasn't the faintest. No wonder Android gets a bad rap for being glitchy and unstable. IOS is rock solid compared to this junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jack Sawyer

Finding 5.1.1 stable but battery life is terrible on my Nexus 5.

- Get nervous if I'm going to be any more than a couple of hours from my nearest mains socket - Is this a general complaint? Hope this gets resolved.

I have got Google services as using 13% of my battery. I don't recall seeing it before.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Battery life on my N5 is the same on 5.1.1 as it was on 5.1 and 5.0 as well. It's not great by any means but is hasn't worsened due to upgrades at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Using this on my Moto G 4G and it runs well, sometimes theres a stutter but for the majority of time for a phone with only 1GB of ram it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I thought far more people would be annoyed by the pseudo-silent replacement that Lollipop 5.0 brought in and relieved when 5.1 brought back a working notification light in priority/none "interruptions".

Sadly for me, my Moto G is has gotten 5.0.2 as its latest F/W.... Will be reverting back to Kitkat just to have my phone usable in the library again:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Patww79 wrote: »
    How does the priority thing work? First time I've ever had Lollipop day to day (no kitkat for the phone unfortunately) and I can't figure out what it's even supposed to do.

If you enable do not disturb it overrides it and notify you

Advertisement