Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Lollipop 5.1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Im an amateur to this stuff but would this be the system update that i just installed on my xperia z2??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Im an amateur to this stuff but would this be the system update that i just installed on my xperia z2??

Go to Settings - About Phone & then have a look at Android version. That will tell you what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

You are more than likely on version 5.0.2, an earlier version of lollipop.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Just got the OTA 5.1 update there now to download on my Nexus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

robo wrote: »
    Just got the OTA 5.1 update there now to download on my Nexus 4.

Yeah got the same myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

My Nexus 7 2013 WiFi got the 5.1 OTA update last night...Small download, 169MB...Update took about 10 minutes and no issues...Havent noticed any difference one way or the other to be honest but then I havent been having any problems anyway. :)

5.1.1 available for Nexus Player (fugu)

Only spotted tonight so don't know how long it's been available!

Android 5.1.1 factory image released for Nexus Player

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Am still waiting for 5.1 OTA for Nexus 9. Received it on N7 (2013) and N4 earlier this week and N10 the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I wonder does this fix the cell standby battery drain issue

Anyone got any idea ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I wonder does this fix the cell standby battery drain issue

Anyone got any idea ?
    I thought that was only fixed in 5.1.1 - forget where I read it, but in the changelog the memory leak was listed as being fixed. So, while 5.1 is an improvement over 5.0.2, 5.1.1 will be better than 5.1 - I hope :)

I'm really impressed the way Google keeps improving the lollipop product and releasing updates, they don't seem to want to settle for a mediocre experience which is great. If only some of the manufacturers/service carriers showed the same enthusiasm. Three Ireland I'm looking at you... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Anyone know with the new notifications that appear on the lock screen, is there anyway to customize them at all? I would like to make them a little more transparent than the box kinda things they appear in.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

I thought that was only fixed in 5.1.1 - forget where I read it, but in the changelog the memory leak was listed as being fixed. So, while 5.1 is an improvement over 5.0.2, 5.1.1 will be better than 5.1 - I hope :)

I'm really impressed the way Google keeps improving the lollipop product and releasing updates, they don't seem to want to settle for a mediocre experience which is great. If only some of the manufacturers/service carriers showed the same enthusiasm. Three Ireland I'm looking at you... :rolleyes:

@D'Peoples Voice:

Where did you see that about memory leak being fixed? :confused: it is not in the change log as far as I can see... That changelog was only for the nexus player, no official word yet for other Nexus devices such as 5, 7 etc.

t0mm13b wrote: »
    @D'Peoples Voice:

Where did you see that about memory leak being fixed? :confused: it is not in the change log as far as I can see... That changelog was only for the nexus player, no official word yet for other Nexus devices such as 5, 7 etc.

This is not the site, but it was something along these lines
    http://www.techworm.net/2015/04/android-5-1-1-lollipop-update-spotted-on-googles-own-site-may-be-released-by-end-april.html
    Android 5.1.1 will be fixing all issues such as the memory leak issue along with other little bugs too. The update will stable the performance of devices and possibly improve battery life too.-

Following the comments from Android users, finally, Google has acknowledge the bug and said that they have internally resolved the same. The users will have to wait for the fix which Google said, will be released with next patch for Android Lollipop.

I should add that on this page, it says the opposite
    http://www.androidpolice.com/android_aosp_changelogs/android-5.1.0_r5-to-android-5.1.1_r1-AOSP-changelog.html
    - Project: platform/frameworks/av
    2241216 : mediaplayer: ensure secure decoders are instantiated before starting source
    1b4d229 : DO NOT MERGE - audio policy: fix DeviceVector::getDevicesFromType()
    6dc6c38 : DO NOT MERGE - audio policy service: fix possible memory overflow

Deffo would not trust techworm, ;)

Its a clone of the more respectable AndroidAuthority/AndroidPolice, and the author of techworm article embellished/added on stuff that is pulled out of their backside.

See Actual ChangeLog as reported by Android Police

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Having lots of issues with 5.1 on N4.
    Not as smooth as 5.01
    Random app freezes
    Videos won't play
    Seems the cell radio always on and also according to battery stats the phone is constantly awake. Battery is a little worse than before.

Only fix I have found is clearing cache partition which is a bummer as its not for noobs.

I also hate the way in 5.01, the LED was always off during priority mode or "none" setting. Now in 5.1, it is always on.

I woke up twice because of that LED flashing in my room.

Seems Google still need another patch update to fix still more issues.

5.1.1 Factory images available for both Nexus 7 wifi!

And Nexus 10 also!

No Love for the Nexus 9 Yet!!! :(

As of today Nexus 9 will be getting the OTA update to 5.1

See this
    https://twitter.com/googlenexus/status/596343795140194304?s=09

Why did I root and flash a custom recovery on top of 5.0.2?

Anyone else updating to 5.0.2 should probably leave it stock until you get this update.

OTA has started to roll out for the Nexus 9

And factory image wifi also now available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

err... from the previous posts, that OTA is a "direct" OTA for Google's line of Nexus... so why are you bringing up Samsung... that is up to the manufacturer if they decide to continue supporting their devices..just saying, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭littlemouse22

What a piece of sh*t.. Regret ever upgrading my phone with this, literally has given me anger issues.. slow bas**rd.

Patww79 wrote: »

Point I am making is this, just because Google released Lollipop OTA for Nexus 9, does not imply every manufacturer under the sun including Samsung will push out OTA for that in your case.

Just saying. :p

Also, try XDA to see if there's support for your device... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have had 5.0.2 on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact for about five weeks now. Phone crashes about five times a day, battery discharges excessively fast too. Any chance 5.1 sorts this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

athtrasna wrote: »
    Have had 5.0.2 on my Sony Xperia Z1 compact for about five weeks now. Phone crashes about five times a day, battery discharges excessively fast too. Any chance 5.1 sorts this problem?

Did you try a factory reset? Another update over bugs will definitely not fix it without wiping.

athtrasna wrote:

If your phone ever crashes unexpectedly like that, even once every day, I would always put the phone in safe mode for 24 hours.

If phone crashes again or even battery dies relatively quick, you've a problem with phone.

If it doesn't, then problem solved, you've a dodgy app. Phone is perfect. You just need to uninstall dodgy app.

athtrasna wrote: »

If your running firmware version 14.5.A.0.242, the roll out of that update was stopped due to bugs.
    Originally posted by laoisfan
    New version of Lollipop certified on May 8th, 2015 - software version 14.5.A.0.270. Previously certified version was 14.5.A.0.242 (March 25th, 2015). Some issue was found, hence why it has not rolled out. Hopefully 270 will be pushed out soon. Android 5.1 is scheduled for around August timeframe (supposedly).

Sony confirms new update (14.5.A.0.270) rolling for Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra

NEXUS 9 LTE OTA
    Nexus 9 LTE (flounder_lte 0P82200) - volantisg
    Current firmware: Android 5.1.1, Build LMY47X

LMY47X from LRX22L

No sign of the factory image yet!
    Nexus 9 LTE 5.1.1 (LMY47X) Factory Image now available

Nexus 5 5.1.1 OTA from LMY47D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kc56

corkie wrote: »
    5.1.1 Factory images available for both Nexus 7 wifi!

And Nexus 10 also!

No Love for the Nexus 9 Yet!!! :(

Installed 5.1.1 on N7 and all is well. Had been using CM12 and CM12.1 but these were either too slow (CM12) or Gapps didn't work (CM12.1). In this case, stock is better IMO.

Advertisement