Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partial Solar Eclispe Friday March 20th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Trying to make pin hole card, but can't find something perfectly round. Any quick tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

A pin?

ch750536 wrote: »
    A pin?

I don't have any, but that isnt round, does it not have to be a circle resembling the sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Looking okayish in cork now. They are projecting it with a telescope in ucc at main campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Plenty breaks in cork

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Beginning to see the start of the effects of the eclipse on http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

If you run loop, first you see the sun rise, sunlight moving NW and now you can start to see the start of the eclipse with shadow beginning to come in from the SW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Breaks here near Arklow too,can see the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭squonk

Drizzle here in Limerick City. Gutted :(. I can't realy see it lifting enough in the next 25 minutes to see anything. :(

Getting cloudy here now, for those without glasses this is the biggest tease of the century :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Ucc event

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Totally overcast in Dublin city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

going to head to higher ground and see if I can get a view, land over 300m asl.

Fog is the problem at the moment, hope it is not low cloud...

Getting noticeably darker too I should add.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

No breaks in Clonmel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

notice how quiet it is?? the birds aren't singing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

In the gardens in maynooth college..all grey clouds and drizzle. taking some pics to see how dark it gets..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lightly overcast in the wrong place! :mad: a few gaps so have to hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

Sun totally visible now and got very bright here , I looked at for few secs to see if Eclipse had begun and eyes blurred , Its incredibly bright , like a hot searing summer sun , wont be looking at it again though !!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Noticeably darker now in south Dublin...although that could be the cloud thickening too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Tne sun came out for 2 minutes but I was on a phonecall and couldnt go out. Now thick dark clouds have rolled into Athlone.

Solar Eclipse.... it was fun while it lasted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Light drizzle started here in North Tipp.

Birds still singing here !

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

522498210_b2a45eb896.jpg

I'll head back to after hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

There's a break in the clouds here in West cork and it's getting darker with a yellow pinky tint and dullishness. Its like I remember the last eclipse in 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

fryup wrote: »
    notice how quiet it is?? the birds aren't singing

Yes the've really piped down from earlier , dog hanging around the front door here too and I've left him in .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Getting quite dark now in Dublin but also starting to rain, to add insult to injury!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Murky cloud here in England, a few brief glimpses of the sun but nothing clear, gotten a bit dull but no more so than a typical dull cloudy day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It' like sunset . Everything pinky and dull Dunmanway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Birds still chirping away in maynooth..fecking drizzle and cloud too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Darker and temperature falling.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is exactly as I remember the 99 eclipse, dull and boring with no break in the cloud cover where I was then either.

Advertisement