Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Couples.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

kneemos wrote: »
    If we're all so pro gay marriage and liberal about being gay how often do you see a gay couple holding hands or kissing in your town or village?

Not often enough and that's crap.

Recently was at a disco type night out at the local uni (I'm in my early 30s, but was there with friends), and saw a couple of homosexual couples snogging, and I felt so pleased for them, and that society has moved on quite a lot since I was in uni 10 years ago, couldn't have even have imagined that when I was at uni.

Although this local uni is in the UK, no idea if it's like that now in Irish unis / clubs.

When I do see same-sex couples holding hands, kissing in public etc, I tend to feel quite happy for them,, but look forward to the day that it's such the norm that I don't even feel that, that I barely bat an eyelid at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Cause they are in the minority in comparison to normal couples and feel awkward or shamed I suppose.

*cough cough* in comparison with normal couples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

On the amount of threads about it.
    No need for them all.
    Live and let live.
    You say it seems to be gay people who are the ones making a big deal out of being gay and then you say, because of all the gay-themed threads - are those threads all being started by gay people? I get the impression that's not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Absolutely. Day in day out it's just the same BS said over and over again in a slightly different way. Surely it has been discussed 100 times over at this stage.

Like 99% of the topics on boasts

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

All part of furthering the gay agenda, trying to project their own lifestyle choices onto others. Like the gay pride parades and such, all for the "look at us, aren't we wonderful" factor. Just for notice really.

Could the gay agenda please stop starting new threads about this please thanks. Are they reading this? Do i need to contact them directly? Is there a hotline? Ahhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If we're all so pro gay marriage and liberal about being gay how often do you see a gay couple holding hands or kissing in your town or village?

I live in a city and I don't see anyone holding hands or kissing in public all that often, thankfully. I'm not a fan of PDA's in public since I grew out of it myself :p

diograis wrote: »
    Could the gay agenda please stop starting new threads about this please thanks. Are they reading this? Do i need to contact them directly? Is there a hotline? Ahhhh

1890 69 69 69

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

KGB defector (Soviet propaganda expert) explains what "The Gay Agenda" and liberalism really is

0:55

All these human progress movements have dark/manipulating political agendas behind them.

"Equality" is the forerunner to communism. Liberals are "useful idiots".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Baby Jane wrote: »
    You say it seems to be gay people who are the ones making a big deal out of being gay and then you say, because of all the gay-themed threads - are those threads all being started by gay people? I get the impression that's not the case.

I don't really care who's starting them. There's too many of them. They're becoming very boring at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Cuban Pete

All part of furthering the gay agenda, trying to project their own lifestyle choices onto others. Like the gay pride parades and such, all for the "look at us, aren't we wonderful" factor. Just for notice really.

It's pretty funny to see people who still use the term "gay agenda" unironically. It's so quaint, like the kind of person who thinks the moon landings were faked or that chemtrails are a real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Poor attempt at sarcasm, but I'll respond to your juvenile post.

Look at beyond boards even, at our national broadcaster.

They seem to have homosexuality as the "new cool" there with near every program having some input, discussion or theme regarding homosexuality. That "Panti" person, what a joke, a man in drag who sometimes considers himself a woman and the amount of air time he gets to express his views.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I don't really care who's starting them. There's too many of them. They're becoming very boring at this stage.

Stop reading the bloody things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It seems to be gay people who are making a big issue of being gay.

Really? Because to me it seems like theres a minority of straight people who seem to be literally obsessed with gay people and everything they do or want and are ALWAYS around to protest against gay people gaining rights, its as if their whole lives revolve around hating gay people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Honestly, what's with the obsession with gay people? Who, honestly, gives a shyte who people want to ride? To me, I couldn't care less. Who or what you wish to bump uglies with is no-ones business but your own IMO. If you want to marry them, fire ahead. I have zero, literally zero, idea why someone elses sexuality would concern any normal person. It is none of your feckin business whatsoever. I reckon Gay people should be able to marry, have kids, keep dogs, buy decking, get finance, have a mortgage and ride themselves sideways. Same as anyone else. It's only sex ffs, it isn't football.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

They seem to have homosexuality as the "new cool" there with near every program having some input, discussion or theme regarding homosexuality. That "Panti" person, what a joke, a man in drag who sometimes considers himself a woman and the amount of air time he gets to express his views.

Nearly every program on RTE has some "input" on homosexuality? Oh right :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Men in dresses often get too much air time in Ireland

When will sheep lovers get a voice? It's baaad!

What is the gay agenda exactly? Gay people wanting to be treated like normal human beings? how dare they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

as a gay man, all these threads about gay people are fúcking boring.

As a non gay man, these threads about gay people are getting boring. So sometime girls like boys and sometimes boys like girls and sometimes the boys like boys and sometimes the girls like girls. Do you need a diagram?

I watched the Imitation Game last night. Its about Alan Turing, basically the inventor of the computer, and he was gay. ISIS prisoners of war get treated better than Gay men did 40 years ago. Its a very shameful fact of our history.

Men in dresses often get too much air time in Ireland

A relatively talentless man gets much air time due to some misguided attempt at representing the gay community. Doesn't make sense to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Most anti gay people are very pro god but have never seem one. Its crazy i tells ya!!!!!

A relatively talentless man gets much air time due to some misguided attempt at representing the gay community. Doesn't make sense to me anyway.

Relatively talentless? Was that the Irish Catholic review of his sell out shows???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Well that's your opinion, so fair enough. I find Panti hugely entertaining though and particularly intelligent. As it happens, he's had far less air time than the uniquely unqualified David Quinn (Iona "Institute") gets to bang on about his one track minded mission for heterosexual families uber alles.

Gay people are generally very nice. Maybe that's why they cop so much shyte? Any of the gay men or women I know are amongst the soundest people you could meet. Usually funny and good to be around too. Maybe that's what gets up peoples noses?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭random1337

Honestly, what's with the obsession with gay people? Who, honestly, gives a shyte who people want to ride? To me, I couldn't care less. Who or what you wish to bump uglies with is no-ones business but your own IMO. If you want to marry them, fire ahead. I have zero, literally zero, idea why someone elses sexuality would concern any normal person. It is none of your feckin business whatsoever. I reckon Gay people should be able to marry, have kids, keep dogs, buy decking, get finance, have a mortgage and ride themselves sideways. Same as anyone else. It's only sex ffs, it isn't football.

The obsession is created by Gay people themselves & the liberal media.
    50 years ago a Gay man did his dirty business with other gays behind closed doors and nobody cared.
    Gays today want to be "recognised" and respected and project their lifestyle onto others. It is made into a political issue. It is used to destabilize Christian nations and make way for implementing Communism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

efb wrote: »
    Rarely. You don't want to get a smack

Yeah, because I'm just itching to tie em up and f*ck em off the nearest available rooftop :rolleyes:

Funny how we know gay people exist and don't know if god exists, but deny gay people their rights on the off chance it might piss god off.

efb wrote: »
    Relatively talentless? Was that the Irish Catholic review of his sell out shows???

He has a seemingly unlimited access to promote himself on RTE? What do you expect.

Drag queen never seemed like a particularly challenging role, man dresses as a women and sings/acts badly and maybe tells lewd jokes. Fine for a hen night but gets tiresome

random1337 wrote: »
    The obsession is created by Gay people themselves & communists.
    50 years ago a Gay man did his dirty business with other gays behind closed doors and nobody cared.
    Gays today want to be "recognised" and respected and project their lifestyle onto others. It is made into a political issue. It is used to destabilize Christian nations and make way for implementing Communism.

Yeah. You lost me there pal. A mickeys a mickey, wherever it's headed, and a gee's a gee. The whole "dirty" thing is lost on me - the 1950's called, they want their phrase back.

• Advertisement

He has a seemingly unlimited access to promote himself on RTE? What do you expect.

Drag queen never seemed like a particularly challenging role, man dresses as a women and sings/acts badly and maybe tells lewd jokes. Fine for a hen night but gets tiresome

Seen many?

Advertisement