Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 5 (US Pace) [** Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

It's all very '24' this season :P

I really enjoyed this episode/season, plausibility aside :P Alison has been a great Nina Myers!

So much up in the air for the finale now, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The guy guarding her simply gives her his weapon without any questions - the person he has been sent to guard, a suspected traitor.

Alison's self inflicted wound was a joke not to mention how she explained how the guy took the guards gun, killed him, shot her and then somehow wound up dead himself. Also, the terrorist guy was able to shoot the guard right between the eyes yet manages to only wing Alison.
    Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    As has been said, the guard handing his gun to the suspected traitor that he has been told to mind was farcical - as was the way the same suspected traitor was left in hospital unguarded and allowed to slip away

He wasn't some random bloke guarding her, he knew her and he told her at one stage that he and his team don't believe a word about her being a traitor.

And Saul was sceptical of her story, he didn't believe it hence him hanging around the hospital. She did a legger as soon as she got her wound dressed. Did you expect her to shoot herself in the head or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

silverharp wrote: »
    I didn't get that line, have the Germans rebooted the Gestapo or something? It sounded daft
    I read that line as it being a domestic police matter. For all the running around with guns that the CIA folks have been doing, we shouldn't forget that (a) the CIA has no jurisdiction in German domestic security and (b) the German government is not happy with the CIA, what with the spying on them (discussed at the beginning of the series) and the leaked documents.

Alison may have been walking around with impunity, but only because the imminent terrorist threat makes it a "all hands on deck" situation. Once that's over she faces a very thorough investigation in the USA, unless the Russians bump her off first. (You really think they're going to let her "retire" after this last job, even if the Sarin gas attack succeeds?)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Pretty sure that Allison will be killed by the Russians but I can see Saul making a last ditch attempt to save her.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

The finale will go down as one the worse endings to a shows season, A load of shyte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what was it that Carrie knew that the Russians wanted to kill her over so badly? (she knew the Iraqi guy and people that suspected him?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

If Quinn goes, I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And Saul was sceptical of her story, he didn't believe it hence him hanging around the hospital. She did a legger as soon as she got her wound dressed. Did you expect her to shoot herself in the head or something?

The point is, if a suspected traitor was involved in an incident where the other two involved ended up dead, don't you think a couple of guards at the door would be in order as said traitor would have to be assumed to be potentially dangerous? Forget for a second that this is tv and think objectively about it - it doesn't really make sense now does it?
    Anyways, as I said, despite that I'm still really looking forward to the season finale.
    (Just realised some of you saw it last night so I'm outta here before I read any spoilers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

So, is Carry on her meds or off them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Overall I'm happy with that season finale

Let's see what they do in season 6 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Benteke wrote: »
    The finale will go down as one the worse endings to a shows season, A load of shyte

It was quiet rather than high action. But I think it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,202 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dusty in here, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Rfrip

It would have been hard to beat the suspense of the last few episodes I suppose.
    Feel a little disappointed tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

crafty? he's been made a total fool of by Alison this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Seemed out of character for him to do an extra-judicial killing on one of their own though. Felt like the writers just wanted to wrap up loose ends and an ignominious end for Alison was the easiest way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Wow, what a disappointment of a finale that was!

Allison barely featuring and then being offed in a forest off screen instead of being brought to justice. What a cheat!

The annoying journalist...well, who cares really?

Carrie mulling over some bizarre romantic offer by the boss she's never shown any romantic interest in before heading to the hospital to do an R.P McMurphy job on poor Quinn. Except she didn't, because the sun came through the window and then...fade to black.

I'm genuinely upset that such a good season ended in such a banal manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Seemed out of character for him to do an extra-judicial killing on one of their own though.

Saul's done lots of extra-judicial killings (remember Quinn's kill list?) and Alison was no longer one of their own. That plus the personal element, I don't find it surprising at all.

Would have loved to see her escape and make her way to Banana Joe's, though.

• Advertisement

presumably they offed Alison to avoid the embarrassment of a court case that would reveal a mole in the organisation.
    the During "offer" thing was too out-of-leftfield and random imo.
    Sorry to see Quinn go (assuming that he doesn't suddenly wake up) before Carrie snuffs him out with a pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone think that the uncertainty regarding Quinn storyline at the end of the last season and this season had anything to do with the actor himself, i.e not committing to another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have recovered from the shock and actually think it was a great season in a lot of ways. Really enjoyed a few episodes, and we should expect the low key finale from them by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

The woman in black reminded me of Rosa Klebb.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Her "principles" in opposing American foreign policy and surveillance led to the leak of documents which led to the release of the Islamists from jail which has resurrected their plans to launch the chemical attack. She is completely blinded by ideology while realists like Saul, Carrie and Quinn have to pick up the debris of her naive stupidity.

Ahem.

https://twitter.com/moryan/status/679033968713273344

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well, thats the second season now they've ended on a relatively low key episode notwithstanding Quinn's fate. Homeland's storylines usually end in a realistic sort of way in the sense that the most likely outcome for a character or plot tends to happen ie, Allison came to a grisly end and not some stylish extraction or execution. Pretty good episode all the same.

Reading the notes on the final episode it states the scenes in the underground station were filmed the day after the Paris attack... wow! How eerily presicient and how amazing that they were still filming in the middle of November while the season was halfway through. The production this season has been excellent with so many stand out moments. I'm glad I stuck with it!

BTW, has there ever been a more prominent yet completely pointless character in TV history like Otto During. I mean... come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Who killed the Alison wan....as she was fairly cut up....but no bulletholes in the back/boot area of the car??

It looked to me it was deliberate that the boot area wasn't shot up
    (Though quiet why Russians were moving a dead body around??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The back\boot area was also riddled with bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

not impressed with this final episode, some shows seem to be doing this where the penultimate episode has most happening and the last episode fizzles out, ie Fargo , Game of Thrones . The Alison story just really seemed to be tying up a loose end which wasn't great considering how much of the story revolved around her. Otto, what was the point of him at all, is this just building for next season? Quinn should have just downed himself as he he planned, his story was dragged out for no purpose at all.

Advertisement