Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 5 (US Pace) [** Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

One thing I'm not getting. If the CIA files contained something that could reveal Alison's double-jobbing, would she not have more to worry about than just Carrie getting hold of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭PIORUN

what I don't get is...when Carrie used Quinns would be assassins phone to ring his last dialed number Alison answered the phone. did Carrie know it was her voice ? Surely she does but the end last night didn't imply that. Also the file Carrie has, the Russians already have , right? After they killed the hackers friend and the CIA already had it too! seems to be 2 many loose ends this season after a great start.
    i need to lie down....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The files don't implicate Alison - they seem to implicate the Russians in something. They are trying to prevent the documents being published. The CIA aren't analyzing the documents but a reporter/Carrie will.

I can't believe Carrie didn't recognize Alison's voice otherwise she may have made some effort to identify who was at the end of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jesus, Alison is the last person I'd be calling if I was carrie. I honestly thought Otto had a heart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Mc Love wrote: »
    Jesus, Alison is the last person I'd be calling if I was carrie. I honestly thought Otto had a heart

I taught meself otto was into her (carrie) and trying to sow a seed of doubt with your man (her bf)...so as he'd break up with her??

I do agree it's strange she arranged to meet Alison and not saul?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Hyzepher wrote: »
    The files don't implicate Alison - they seem to implicate the Russians in something.

So why was she worried about spending the rest of her life in prison if Carrie got hold of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

think carrie does suspect alison she just really wants to know what happened in iraq *nope she didn't*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

At this rate they ought to have a spin off where Saul simply shouts fcuk you at people.

PIORUN wrote: »
    what I don't get is...when Carrie used Quinns would be assassins phone to ring his last dialed number Alison answered the phone. did Carrie know it was her voice ? Surely she does but the end last night didn't imply that. Also the file Carrie has, the Russians already have , right? After they killed the hackers friend and the CIA already had it too! seems to be 2 many loose ends this season after a great start.
    i need to lie down....

yeah - I had forgotten about that.... maybe Alison was still putting on the dodgey Austrian Clinic accent :) and Carrie didn't recognise her!

• Advertisement

well obviously Carrie didn't recognise Alison's voice back at the plane bombing scene then - a bit weird - why have that scene then? I was right on the Quinn being set-up thing and that the Russians had something over yer wan Alison. The whole ten years back to Iraq thing is a bit lazy. Altogether it's madly ridiculous but still fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Can't believe brody was in that episode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

kayevajo wrote: »
    Can't believe brody was in that episode!

Was he?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

God that acrobat guy is an awful actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Who is the acrobat guy? I think I need to rewatch the last couple episodes. Think i missed a lot.
    Is Otto trying to put Jonas off Carrie as he likes her himself?
    I find it hard to believe that they jump on Saul immediately without question, senior member if the organisation etc and Alison is trusted without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Allison's stint in Baghdad had been successful from the US point of view; they didn't know that she'd been turned, and hadn't done anything to arouse suspicion since then. As her Russian handler hinted, she would be getting Russian intel that made her look good - better at her job than she actually was.

There are suggestions that Allison has expensive tastes and money problems e.g. they show her casually buying a $600 handbag online. It was money that compromised her in Baghdad. Government employees, even at her level, aren't paid enough to fund a lavish lifestyle.

Can someone remind me - was Carrie married before or using a pseudonym? In Baghdad she calls herself Carrie Orser.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Aimeee wrote: »
    Who is the acrobat guy? I think I need to rewatch the last couple episodes. Think i missed a lot.
    Is Otto trying to put Jonas off Carrie as he likes her himself?
    I find it hard to believe that they jump on Saul immediately without question, senior member if the organisation etc and Alison is trusted without question.

Acrobat sells secrets and his loyalty for cash (suitcases of hard currency were changing hands during the early years of the Iraq omnishambles).
    Otto is a billionaire. He plays with people. His motives ?
    Saul has a history of creative thinking and has given away secrets at least once. Alison is a smalltown girl with a thing for handbags. Woudn't harm a fly and all that. It is civil service groupthink at it's worst - but very indicative of how traitors have prospered in the past. Look up Robert Hanssen or Aldrich Ames for examples. On the latter check out The Assets - easily available for download.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,278 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Acrobat sells secrets and his loyalty for cash (suitcases of hard currency were changing hands during the early years of the Iraq omnishambles).
    Otto is a billionaire. He plays with people. His motives ?
    Saul has a history of creative thinking and has given away secrets at least once. Alison is a smalltown girl with a thing for handbags. Woudn't harm a fly and all that. It is civil service groupthink at it's worst - but very indicative of how traitors have prospered in the past. Look up Robert Hanssen or Aldrich Ames for examples. On the latter check out The Assets - easily available for download.

yeah but why do you call him "acrobat guy"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

yeah but why do you call him "acrobat guy"?

? I don't...."Acrobat" is a codename I'd assume. Not a very original one but descriptive of his playboy antics and inability to blend into the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Don't quite get the link between the Russian handler and Allison. He blackmailed her when she offered cash to the Acrobat but it must go deeper than that.? Was that a Russian word she uttered when our baldy Russian entered the room ?

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

recipio wrote: »
    Don't quite get the link between the Russian handler and Allison. He blackmailed her when she offered cash to the Acrobat but it must go deeper than that.? Was that a Russian word she uttered when our baldy Russian entered the room ?

She wasn't offering cash, she was taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

She wasn't offering cash, she was taking it.

On mature reflection ..... you are correct.:D
    Still a bit fuzzy. I thought she was at her CIA desk in Bagdad. What was the Russian doing there or was it a secret meet. ?

On mature reflection ..... you are correct.:D
    Still a bit fuzzy. I thought she was at her CIA desk in Bagdad. What was the Russian doing there or was it a secret meet. ?

Acrobat was a russian agent as well. the russians used him to set her up so she could be turned.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

??

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭PIORUN

That's a Homer Simpson reference

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

No - she said "ya manyak", which (best I can tell) means something like "arsehole" in Arabic and related languages. In Turkish it's derived from the English "maniac". Urban Dictionary says it's Lebanese.

So ... did Allison do it on purpose (since Acrobat was there), or did she temporarily forget her cover? :cool:

edit: have some more Manyak:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

And the penny drops. Bring on the heat.

Advertisement