Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 5 (US Pace) [** Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The American journalist is incredibly irritating, they probably could have cast somebody less irritating for that role. Really enjoying this season though

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

Really liked that episode, tense stuff. But c'mon Saul leaving Alison alone, she better not make it the Caribbean or wherever shes dreaming of!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm no ballistics expert, but surely a simple lab test would reveal that Aziz didn't fire any gun? I suppose Allison's Russian 'doctor' got her out of the hospital before that information could get back to the bureau. That's at least twice in one episode Saul has let a vital person of interest slip through his fingers (or a window,as the case may be).

Jaysus, these episode endings are getting worse each time - waiting a whole week is feckin torture!

Next week is the season finale isn't it?

• Advertisement

Just to add; Dar Adal has been next to useless this season. Whatever about Saul's judgement, this guy has been inept in every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I'm no ballistics expert, but surely a simple lab test would reveal that Aziz didn't fire any gun? I suppose Allison's Russian 'doctor' got her out of the hospital before that information could get back to the bureau. That's at least twice in one episode Saul has let a vital person of interest slip through his fingers (or a window,as the case may be).

Jaysus, these episode endings are getting worse each time - waiting a whole week is feckin torture!

did the guy that jumped out the window know anything more, or was just didn't want to go back to prison, the latter i think

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and that the gun was placed directly against her and not fired from a distance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

it's great TV but the whole thing with Alison is a joke.

The Russians go to great lengths to place a message on her windshield and then send someone to meet her in the toilet to reconfirm the message.

The guy guarding her simply gives her his weapon without any questions - the person he has been sent to guard, a suspected traitor.

Alison's self inflicted wound was a joke not to mention how she explained how the guy took the guards gun, killed him, shot her and then somehow wound up dead himself. Also, the terrorist guy was able to shoot the guard right between the eyes yet manages to only wing Alison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

AdamD wrote: »
    The American journalist is incredibly irritating, they probably could have cast somebody less irritating for that role. Really enjoying this season though

Yep, she's a "hug a jihadi" PC pain in the f*cking hole ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if fairness I dont thnk she was planning to hang around, so making everything fit her story isnt that important.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    if fairness I dont thnk she was planning to hang around, so making everything fit her story isnt that important.

maybe, but if a suspected traitor is involved in an incident where a witness and her guard is killed then I don't think it unreasonable that she would assume that she'd still be guarded and unable to "slip" away.

But of course this is tv and opportunities seem to appear all too often.

did the guy that jumped out the window know anything more, or was just didn't want to go back to prison, the later i think

He wasn't a person of interest in terms of information about the Berlin plot perhaps, but given that he was the only thing preventing the outing of the leaked bureau information, it was a huge mistake on Saul's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Watched it tonight. Yeah, they're stretching credibility with parts of the story - Carrie recognising the guy at the station AFTER he shaved his beard off! However, its enthralling stuff all the same. Never has a character deserved more of a comeuppance than Allison but part of me hopes she pushes the boundary a little more each week, Again, I agree with the above about the message in the ticket and then the SVR agent just casually talking to her in the restroom.

Otto During must have some pivotal role in all this. I think many will role eyes if it turns out to be too bleeding obvious by the end. Or could he really just be a supporting character for story's sake?

And again... Poor Quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I feel slightly bad for the guy at the train station...he is obviously going to try and stop it....bet he'll be only one captured if he deos and end up tortured!!

Though I am intrigued to see if they write in the attack going ahead...as being homeland could easily happen (though it would be a huge step from bombing Langley/hanging brody/terrorists overrunning the embassy to attacking civilans)

...or will Carrie stop it on her own

And will Alison get away with it...or will the Russians kill her as they've no use for her now?

The gas in the station is somewhat like the initial bomb on Brody from season 1. For the show to be taken seriously it needs to show a least one planned attack succeeding. The show took some criticism - in hindsight maybe - when Brody decided not to explode himself. Maybe this time they'll see it through or maybe the recent events in Paris might scare them away if they were able to rewrite it in time (doubtful)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

So they take the word of a suspected traitor that the bomb is at the airport.? The whole Alison saga is really wearing thin. As for shooting herself in the upper chest - that's some schoolboys version of a self inflicted injury - she would be in shock with a collapsed lung ( if she didn't hit a vital artery.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I'm really enjoying this season but agree that some parts of it are really lacking credibility. As has been said, the guard handing his gun to the suspected traitor that he has been told to mind was farcical - as was the way the same suspected traitor was left in hospital unguarded and allowed to slip away. Also leaving the witness unguarded in a room with windows that open was pretty incredible, especially when the witness was known to be unstable. It's all a bit daft but all that said, the show is still enjoyable - just not nearly as sharp as it was previously.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

The guard mentioned in a previous episode that he didn't believe she was a traitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I think Alison's character is great.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I think Alison's character is great.

She still needs to get a bullet :pac: but a good baddie , what a woman will do for shoes and handbags :eek:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Previously on the School of Hard Choices...

Characters in a coma always have "vital information", that's TV show drama 101.

The journalist is the definition of keyboard warrior, and as said, an annoying one at that.

The look on Alison's face when she was told it'd be her last assignment.

Enjoyed the scene where Carrie went to visit Al-Amin, "strange times for Hezbollah" and all that. Yes, it was a stretch when she spotted the shaved doubting terrorist in a busy public place, but going down the tunnel is her being Jack Bauer. :pac:

Pro-tip - know where to shoot oneself in the shoulder, just in case in the need arises.

"It'll be a strictly German matter"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

I am really looking forward to season finale. They usually throw a curveball.

"It'll be a strictly German matter"

I didn't get that line, have the Germans rebooted the Gestapo or something? It sounded daft

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I was a tad confused by it too. It's not as if there's a German Gitmo, or is there?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Imagine all the paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was a tad confused by it too. It's not as if there's a German Gitmo, or is there?

well the guy the who jumped out the window and the guys planning the attack were held in prison without trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

silverharp wrote: »
    I didn't get that line, have the Germans rebooted the Gestapo or something? It sounded daft

I took it to mean he ( Saul ) can't help him if he doesn't give him some information. For a guy that couldn't remember anything he had a sudden conversion and yes, having him in a room with an open window stretches any faith in German efficiency.

Advertisement