Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 5 (US Pace) [** Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

I wonder why the Miranda Otto character (Alison) is in with the Russians - what do they have over her?
    Any why exactly did she want to kill Carrie?
    And is Carrie right about something being in the CIA files that is connected to it all? (a bit implausible how she put all that together in five seconds but it's a tv show I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,281 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

glasso wrote: »
    I wonder why the Miranda Otto character (Alison) is in with the Russians - what do they have over her?

I'm not sure they have anything over her. She seemed to be physically attracted to the russian guy.

Any why exactly did she want to kill Carrie?
    And is Carrie right about something being in the CIA files that is connected to it all? (a bit implausible how she put all that together in five seconds but it's a tv show I guess).

I think she wanted carrie dead because she believed that she had been given the CIA files by the reporter. If Carrie had been given the files she might have spotted what it is the russians and Alison are trying to hide so alison put the kill order on her just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

This post has been deleted.

Sure, but he's protecting Carrie.

Anyway, another solid episode.

edit - :D ! just saw on imdb this episode was called "Better call Saul"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Miranda Otto is not a psycho.

I know, I was joking. :P She's a classic 24 style mole. She'll sell the lie and keep the focus off of herself for a while, then she'll really feel the heat on the back of her neck, say around episode 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know, I was joking. :P She's a classic 24 style mole. She'll sell the lie and keep the focus off of herself for a while, then she'll really feel the heat on the back of her neck, say around episode 10.

Man 24 really did overuse that didnt they? That show had more moles than Robert DeNiro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

She's going to get sent to a black prison and waterboarded to death or Quinn is going to put a bullet in her ceann or she is going to slot herself. It's going to be interesting seeing how she is going to buy it and her journey to oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

She's going to get sent to a black prison and waterboarded to death or Quinn is going to put a bullet in her ceann or she is going to slot herself. It's going to be interesting seeing how she is going to buy it and her journey to oblivion.

I think Saul will end up killing her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Loving the hacktivist stuff on the show this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

If Quinn dies, I will be so upset!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭magicgal

Know might be posting in wrong place - after watching series 4 on netflix.Where can I watch episode 1 and 2 of series 5? They are the ones missing on rte player
    Have google watch homeland series 5 instantly online but all the sites you have to give credit card details to watch.Tried itunes but no go - tries amazon but can't watch homeland on it in ireland - grrr!!!!

• Advertisement

another decent episode. Quinn's death punch rocks. although bit of a stretch him ending up being cared for in an immigrant ghetto with jihadists.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

Jareth Merz who plays a villain in the latest episode acted as Simon of Cyrene in The Passion of The Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

magicgal wrote: »
    Know might be posting in wrong place - after watching series 4 on netflix.Where can I watch episode 1 and 2 of series 5? They are the ones missing on rte player
    Have google watch homeland series 5 instantly online but all the sites you have to give credit card details to watch.Tried itunes but no go - tries amazon but can't watch homeland on it in ireland - grrr!!!!

Have u ever got a kick from an ass

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

although bit of a stretch him ending up being cared for in an immigrant ghetto with jihadists.
    ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Anybody else not give a damn about the love story thing going on between Carrie and her partner!?

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Anybody else not give a damn about the love story thing going on between Carrie and her partner!?

kinda pointless but otherwise Carrie would be trawling bars and wiping her privates with towels at the start of every episode - a la homeland pilot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Yay Quinn yay! Also, how lovely is that doctor that treats him! He looks really familiar to me, anyone know who he is? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Yay Quinn yay! Also, how lovely is that doctor that treats him! He looks really familiar to me, anyone know who he is? :)

Go Quinn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great episode, question: why would Dar Adal be pissed off at Saul for him linking terrorist names to Mossad 30 years previously ?

I know it's not part of the story, but aren't Mossad and USA close allies ?

Great episode, question: why would Dar Adal be pissed off at Saul for him linking terrorist names to Mossad 30 years previously ?

I know it's not part of the story, but aren't Mossad and USA close allies ?

yes but a leak is a leak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mossad were (are?) known to play an entirely selfish game and during the Cold War they were infested with Soviet moles. And yes, a leak is a leak...part of being a civil servant is not letting personal political convictions get in the way of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Unless it turns out the jihadis knew Quinn and/or Carrie were in that area and were there to look for them, I'll be massively side-eyeing this season from here on out. It's totally and utterly implausible that he would just happen to be found by one of those guys.

nigthschool always means death

So a bunch of Jihadi wannabes just randomly picked up a CIA assassin, saved his life (as you do when you're a flake) then look for a school tour to Syria off the randomer.
    And along the way, our idiots drop the name and address of the Middle Easts kidnap treasurer. He gives it out like lucky bags to all the young dudes heading west, don't ya know.
    Somewhere in London, Paris, Washington and a cave in Syria a bunch of people are in stitches laughing at this. If ISIL and Washington are looking for common ground, this comedy would be a good starting point.

nigthschool always means death

just love the way that she didn't give the poor fcuker any warning that she might be dragging him into a potentially lethal situation. And the guy just got an A on his MBA economics module and everything.

just love the way that she didn't give the poor fcuker any warning that she might be dragging him into a potentially lethal situation. And the guy just got an A on his MBA economics module and everything.

One less economist in the world. Next week, I suggest lawyer pruning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gone a bit silly season alright

Gone a bit silly season alright

same last year with the mad goings on in Pakistan from the mid-season-point onwwards. Sure you just have to go with it. It's still decent enough stuff. I do like the fact that they have addressed contemporary issues in a bang-up-to-date way - Syria, Jihadist immigrants, the re-emergence of Russia as a bad guy, the Israelis and their middle-east concerns etc. -> even if the whole Quinn thing in particular is far-fetched. Although maybe it's Quinn that is being set-up here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Have to watch latest episode tonight-anyone think that Otto and Alison could be in cahoots? I want to trust him, but ...

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Have to watch latest episode tonight-anyone think that Otto and Alison could be in cahoots? I want to trust him, but ...

well he (otto during) would have told her that Carrie was still alive surely if they were in cahoots - she didn't know until Saul told her.
    kinda coincidental that the Alison character is real-name Miranda Otto and the billiionaire dude is character-name Otto During.

Advertisement