Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland Season 5 (US Pace) [** Spoilers**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the season is looking like its gonna be good, id say that letter for quinn was get him to link up and help carrie, not a hope saul would order a hit on her, and he knows quinn wouldnt do it, saul obviously knows carrie is in trouble, so has altered quinns mission cause quinn is an available asset that can be taken off task with no one knowing, cause no one knows what hes doing,

i dont think tar adal is CIA director, but hes probably second in command, or has the directors ear, id say once saul didnt get the job he probably requested to be placed overseas so he could get more work done, hes not the type to be a go to in-between, and why hang around langley after missing out,

i wonder if its that fella who grabbed carrie in berlin that tried to take her out, id say the driver thought hed be better off to just run, i dont think he was in on it, carrie looks to have clicked into gear as soon as she got there, but she still lacks any intelligence so far, id say quinn will have her up to speed next week surely,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Good ending but way too much time looking at Carrie acting like an idiot, i get bored and lose interest when she goes like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

think were smart enough to figure out someone is wearing a vest without them having to take off their jackets to show us at this stage,stupid stuff like that ruins good shows. it can be revealed in a 'the viewer is not completely stupid' way.

hopefully we won't have to endure the bipolar batsh1t Carrie stuff for any more than was in this episode - not sure why is has to be brought up every year as personally I find it annoying - the "fake" crazy stuff at the start of season 3 turned me off the series until I came back to it later.

thought that it was a weak episode - I'm not liking this "out-to-kill Carrie" stuff too much - hopefully the plot gets more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

I enjoyed that episode. More development of Carrie's fella's character. And Carrie vz Quinn is kinda fun.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"The sex is so much better"
    In sweatpants ??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Load up on drones and bring your friends.

5.03 had an element of 'in case you've forgotten, Danes has a few Emmys for this gig' about it. The wall of photos were a hint of the bipolar "something is lost"/off meds chat that followed.

15 years of US foreign policy and Arab dictators, indeed. If you aim to kill, don't miss.

Also, more shows could end episodes with the word mother****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

"The sex is so much better"
    In sweatpants ??

If she leaves them on tis like that Madonna song.
    "I made it through the wilderness, somehow I made it through-woo-ooh...." etc... :D

Carrie really channelling Crazy Eyes from OITNB this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

She certainly has a manic look about her.
    I think this series has started well, the contemporary themes give it an edge. Not sure about Carrie producing a big hunting rifle in the middle of Berlin - a bit OTT.

• Advertisement

episode 4 really stepped things up. best episode so far by a good way. although the real person behind the drop was pretty obvious imo.

glasso wrote: »
    episode 4 really stepped things up. best episode so far by a good way. although the real person behind the drop was pretty obvious imo.

Yep, and the 20 Major (or whatever brand) was immediately suspicious near the end also. Course we saw what that led to in the closing moment. She seems to be gone totally rogue.

duridian wrote: »
    Yep, and the 20 Major (or whatever brand) was immediately suspicious near the end also. Course we saw what that led to in the closing moment. She seems to be gone totally rogue.

didn't want to mention that bit to spoil things!

glasso wrote: »
    didn't want to mention that bit to spoil things!

No need to worry. This is (US Pace)[** Spoilers **] thread, there is another thread for (IRL Pace).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is Saul out of the circle already?

What was the deal with the cigarettes? And that brutal German accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What was the deal with the cigarettes? And that brutal German accent.

i got the impression that the cigarette pack was the bomb. The accent was weird though,

A means to get a bomb on board the generals jet.

A cover for them being in a Swiss clinic.

Your accent doesn't sound Swiss
    I'm, eh, from Berlin. Yeah, that's it. Berlin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That’s a pretty decent sized explosion for a cigarette packet sized bomb. I’d say it’s more likely that it was packed in with the money they put on the plane for bribes, with the packet possibly being some sort of trigger for it. It could also just be someone else entirely, like Saul’s Seder friend.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That’s a pretty decent sized explosion for a cigarette packet sized bomb. I’d say it’s more likely that it was packed in with the money they put on the plane for bribes, with the packet possibly being some sort of trigger for it. It could also just be someone else entirely, like Saul’s Seder friend.

the cigarette pack as a trigger probably makes more sense. the cigarette packet was certainly significant otherwise why make such a show of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the cigarette pack as a trigger probably makes more sense. the cigarette packet was certainly significant otherwise why make such a show of it.

some sort of evidence to implicate Saul, I don't get that she knew about the bomb ? why would she blow up the plan?

she was just shocked by the thought that Carrie was still alive so didn't have any extra shock to show when the plane blew up.

So many questions. this season is turning out better than expected.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

some sort of evidence to implicate Saul, I don't get that she knew about the bomb ? why would she blow up the plan?

she was just shocked by the thought that Carrie was still alive so didn't have any extra shock to show when the plane blew up.

She is obviously a foreign agent under cover.

She's now close to Saul - getting pillow talk. Sent Quinn after Carrie now realizing that Quinn/Carrie are close. Blew up the plane as she obviously don't want the coup to take place in Syria.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

5.04 - Good episode alright. Carrie back under the radar is very much from 24.

When the Russians send a car you know you're fecked. The hacker under house arrest might be a bit naive with that 'she's one of us' comment about the journalist. I mean, it is Homeland.

So Mirando Otto is a complete psycho now? I have to admit I didn't recognise her at first on the tarmac and thought it was another actress. I didn't buy Saul's pitch due to the show's critique of US foreign policy. Not that I think we were meant to. It'll be interesting to see where the Syria angle goes now.

Nice that they're keeping the memory of James Rebhorn alive somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭josephryan1989

5.04 - Good episode alright. Carrie back under the radar is very much from 24.

When the Russians send a car you know you're fecked. The hacker under house arrest might be a bit naive with that 'she's one of us' comment about the journalist. I mean, it is Homeland.

So Mirando Otto is a complete psycho now? I have to admit I didn't recognise her at first on the tarmac and thought it was another actress. I didn't buy Saul's pitch due to the show's critique of US foreign policy. Not that I think we were meant to. It'll be interesting to see where the Syria angle goes now.

Nice that they're keeping the memory of James Rebhorn alive somehow.

Miranda Otto is not a psycho.
    She probably opposes the US policy of overthrowing dictators in the Middle East because she thinks it will lead to the rise of more Islamic terror and not less. She can help the Russians to save Assad's regime in Syria and at the same time sabotage Saul and eliminate Carrie and get the top job in the CIA. The Hezbollah leader who tried to have Carrie killed before being tortured to death was probably one of her assets and probably working for the Russians as well.
    She'll probably drive a wedge between Saul and the Israelis by pinning it on the Jewish state.

If he goes to the hospital he will be vulnerable to being killed by the Russians.

• Advertisement

Then he shouldn't let himself be captured alive.

Advertisement