Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Browns tie down Jarvis Landry to a $75.5 million deal over 5 years with $47 million guaranteed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wow, Jarvis Landry and the browns have agreed a contract extension..
    5 years at $75.5m with $47m guaranteed...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So with that market for a mostly slot receiver, Odell is definitely getting that $20m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

brinty wrote: »
    Is this the pats thread or general bantz...

easy now pats fans ;)

Nah to some its the

" The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V2 Denver Broncos and I can't help help talking about the Pats even though I hate them thread"

Foster charged on the deadline to do so with a number of felonies that could total up to 11 years in prison. The charges and the details on what they claim he did are much worse than the press and the 49ers themselves were expecting.

Despite him being the best player on defense, they’ll likely have to cut him now even before a trial and conviction. Huge blow to the team, especially with how many of these cases fall apart and the simple fact that pretty much every team out there will quickly try to pick him up if that happens. If it is true I wouldn’t want a player with that history near my team so probably the best thing to do.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Foster charged on the deadline to do so with a number of felonies that could total up to 11 years in prison. The charges and the details on what they claim he did are much worse than the press and the 49ers themselves were expecting.

Despite him being the best player on defense, they’ll likely have to cut him now even before a trial and conviction. Huge blow to the team, especially with how many of these cases fall apart and the simple fact that pretty much every team out there will quickly try to pick him up if that happens. If it is true I wouldn’t want a player with that history near my team so probably the best thing to do.

How to throw your life away 101. What an absolute scumbag though if all proven true. Punched her in the head 8-10 times and she went to the hospital so most likely they will have picture evidence of the damage. If so can't see how he walks away from this.

TOss Sweep wrote: »
    How to throw your life away 101. What an absolute scumbag though if all proven true. Punched her in the head 8-10 times and she went to the hospital so most likely they will have picture evidence of the damage. If so can't see how he walks away from this.

He is so powerful too, I would think one punch from him would end me. Everything that leaked before today was that he’d dragged her out of the house (not including by the hair) which I think would quickly blow over, but definitely not a conviction of this (or possibly even just the charge).

It could have been an even bigger disaster for the 49ers as they were contemplating him at 1.2 or 1.3 last year and then made numerous attempts to try to jump up higher in the first to get him, presumably offering more picks than they eventually did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Since we are talking harmony with the Pats this is really cool and heartfelt article by Nate Solder talking about life in New England but the main topic is about what its like to have something more serious than football impacted his life, dealing with his infant son having cancer and still having to win on Sunday's

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/nate-solder-patriots-giants-thank-you

Dez Bryant has been released by the cowboys

Holy fluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

brinty wrote: »
    Dez Bryant has been released by the cowboys

Holy fluck

Wasn't that expected?

• Advertisement

Wasn't that expected?

TBH i'm not sure..
    We've been doing in depth analysis with a lot of the receivers in the draft but i didn't think they'd pull the trigger and cut him now.

We've something like 28-30m in dead cap this year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dez is unstoppable when on, but by and large is one of the more overrated wrs in the game I find. He's not been right for three years. If someone can get him on a prove it deal though, they might get a steal.

Apparently he said "he'd see the Cowboys twice this season" as he left the Cowboys' facility so he's either going to sign with an NFC East team or is some sort of clairvoyant and is going to sign for a team that the Cowboys play in the regular season and again in he playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

He never really clicked with fez/has gone downhill. Hurnz should replace him well enough

With regards seeng the cowboys twice a year the eagles don't have the cap, the giants probably have to much cap assigned to reciever particularly with the odb contract and redskins would likely see him lose to them twice a year so that hardly getting back

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wasn't that expected?

Expected this season ? No but was it coming ? Yes. It's been clear that things haven't been all sunshine and rainbows in Dallas but if every player left a team because things weren't perfect then no player would be on any team. Winning can paper over issues on teams and Dallas haven't won a lot recently. Also, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league.

The statement from Jerry jones is interesting though. He says he and dez had a relationship that he's only had with a few players during his ownership of the cowboys. That makes me think that Jerry was out flanked, because you don't make a statement like that after you've left a player go.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Expected this season ? No but was it coming ? Yes. It's been clear that things haven't been all sunshine and rainbows in Dallas but if every player left a team because things weren't perfect then no player would be on any team. Winning can paper over issues on teams and Dallas haven't won a lot recently. Also, the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league.

The statement from Jerry jones is interesting though. He says he and dez had a relationship that he's only had with a few players during his ownership of the cowboys. That makes me think that Jerry was out flanked, because you don't make a statement like that after you've left a player go.

Especially when they did. If they let him go at the start of FA he would’ve had a much better chance of a team overpaying for him. Obviously, the Hurns release and signing probably also changed things a bit for them. At least they didn’t wait until after the draft.

4 game ban for Mark Sanchez for PEDs. If he finds a team of course.

He should sue his dealer.

Those of you that have gamepass, the Total Access from tonight the interview with Dez Bryant is very interesting. He doesn't name people specifically but he alludes to who may have been behind him being cut from the Cowboys.

He talks about "garrets guys" and mentions the players who walk around with "C" on which is the team captains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

4 game ban for Mark Sanchez for PEDs. If he finds a team of course.

Dirty Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Blut2

Any word on what the Sanchez PED in question is? That might help or hinder his "accidental intake" story. I can't see anything on a quick Googling.

Guys on Dez,most people are saying the C is Dak and the other to blame is Scott Linehan the OC

Blut2 wrote: »
    Any word on what the Sanchez PED in question is? That might help or hinder his "accidental intake" story. I can't see anything on a quick Googling.

Maybe he ate the same Mexican meat that Canelo ate? That seems like a great excuse to use

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Surely the blame lies on Dez being crap last year and average at best the season before?

It's not like he was performing. If he was, he'd still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

nerd69 wrote: »
    He never really clicked with fez/has gone downhill. Hurnz should replace him well enough

With regards seeng the cowboys twice a year the eagles don't have the cap, the giants probably have to much cap assigned to reciever particularly with the odb contract and redskins would likely see him lose to them twice a year so that hardly getting back

He's not getting 18m from anyone. Giants could create the space by extending Beckham and cutting Marshall.

I think he signs for the Eagles.

Apparently Tom Brady was the guy who threatened Story Daniels a few years back

https://deadspin.com/who-does-this-alleged-trump-goon-remind-you-of-1825326655

Apparently Tom Brady was the guy who threatened Story Daniels a few years back

https://deadspin.com/who-does-this-alleged-trump-goon-remind-you-of-1825326655

Had to quote you and share the pic from the article its comedy gold Tom must be moonlighting as a Trump goon

q6dvxc0psckp7b7q9q5a.jpg

"Like I said, he’s been a friend of mine, supported our team. He’s been on the Patriots sidelines a lot and always called me after games to encourage me over the course of 15 years."

What else was discussed during those phone calls Tom, what else!? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭letowski

Seahawks are reportely going to waive their 2017 35th overall pick Malik McDowell in the coming days.

Its interesting because the guy has a scary high ceiling and supreme physical gifts, but there has always been huge attitude and commitment concerns pre-draft. These concerns seem to gotten worse for sure since he entered the pros.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement