Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8-10 wrote: »
    Kris Bryant hits his first HR in the majors tonight, you heard it here first ;)

Only 2 weeks out with that prediction ha ha. Watch now though, they'll be like buses.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12858861&ex_cid=sportscenterTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wasn't going to start a new thread so said I'd throw it in here.

Decent documentary on Dock Ellis. Most famous for throwing a no hitter while high on LSD. On the US Netflix if ye have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCH4fAHtKBo

Thank God the Mets won those 10 games in a row earlier in the season because they're horrible to watch since. They've had great great start pitching all week in Chicago but couldn't score a run to save their lives then today they score 5 runs but the pitching's been awful and now a passed ball puts the Cubs 1 up after 7. 4 game sweep coming up!

On a brighter note, Kluber was pretty impressive last night wasn't he?

Bloody hell. I stopped watching the Cubs Pirates when it was 7-1. Now it's 10-10. Time to tune in again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's scary to think how many home runs Stanton would get if he played his home games in a hitter's park. Another ball crushed in the 1st inning that was a fly out in Marlins Park but would have been well gone in most other parks.

It's scary to think how many home runs Stanton would get if he played his home games in a hitter's park. Another ball crushed in the 1st inning that was a fly out in Marlins Park but would have been well gone in most other parks.

Apparently he's had 3 HRs in the past 5 days of over 465 feet!

Apparently he's had 3 HRs in the past 5 days of over 465 feet!

Yep another massive one in the 3rd inning today, 480ft or so! He's a monster.

That shot there in the 7th would probably have been a HR in a lot of other parks too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

That shot there in the 7th would probably have been a HR in a lot of other parks too!
    Imagine he played for the Rockies, all those games in Coors field. I think we would see some 500+ foot homers from him over the course of a season...

• Advertisement

Shelby Miller just lost a no hitter with 2 down in the 9th. Would have been the first of the year.

Nearly got no hit today and now the Marlins have sacked their manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Shelby Miller just lost a no hitter with 2 down in the 9th. Would have been the first of the year.

I'll never forget the look on Blue Jays Brandon Morrow's face when Longoria broke up his no-no in the 9th, with 2 outs. Evan hit a single and Brandon struck out the next batter to finish it out. He finished with 17 Ks and 2 BB. I think it was 2010.

Anybody know much about the Nationals' or Rockies' farm systems?

Off to see their Double-A affiliates play on Monday and wondering if there's anybody worth looking out for?

Anybody know much about the Nationals' or Rockies' farm systems?

Off to see their Double-A affiliates play on Monday and wondering if there's anybody worth looking out for?

I don't know anything about either to be honest but hold onto the lineup card and see in a couple of years did any of them make it.

Back in '08 I saw Buster Posey play in a minor league game. At the time he was just another player in the field to me and it was only by chance a few years later that I came across the box score for the game and saw his name. A couple of others from that game made the Majors too, Dominic Brown for the Phillies and Rubén Tejada for the Mets but neither made the impact that Posey has.

Bit of a Jerry Jones situation brewing in Miami. The GM has just named himself manager of the Marlins. He has 0 coaching experience in the majors.

edit - should change that to no professional coaching experience full stop. He's only ever coached at high school. He is in baseball's scouting hall of fame if that helps! What a joke. Lucky there's no Rooney Rule in baseball

I don't know anything about either to be honest but hold onto the lineup card and see in a couple of years did any of them make it.

Back in '08 I saw Buster Posey play in a minor league game. At the time he was just another player in the field to me and it was only by chance a few years later that I came across the box score for the game and saw his name. A couple of others from that game made the Majors too, Dominic Brown for the Phillies and Rubén Tejada for the Mets but neither made the impact that Posey has.

Was going to see the same team 2 years ago when they had Anthony Rendon playing 3B. He got called up to Triple-A the same week just before the game, I didn't end up going then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Bit of a Jerry Jones situation brewing in Miami. The GM has just named himself manager of the Marlins. He has 0 coaching experience in the majors.

edit - should change that to no professional coaching experience full stop. He's only ever coached at high school. He is in baseball's scouting hall of fame if that helps! What a joke. Lucky there's no Rooney Rule in baseball
    Read somewhere that they probably did this so they wouldn't have to pay 3 managers this season as they are on the hook for Redmond and Ozzie Guillen contract.

Probably the craziest managerial move in MLB since Ted Turner appointed himself manager of the Braves!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

I'd say the Dodgers will be delighted to get out of San Fransisco after the last 3 days. Swept in a 3 game series without scoring a single run. Nice to see Tim Lincecum coming back into some decent form so far this season.

I'd say the Dodgers will be delighted to get out of San Fransisco after the last 3 days. Swept in a 3 game series without scoring a single run. Nice to see Tim Lincecum coming back into some decent form so far this season.

I've always liked Timmy. Good to see him back pitching well. Nice HR from Bumgarner yesterday. Kershaw looked very pi$$ed off with that.

• Advertisement

I've always liked Timmy. Good to see him back pitching well. Nice HR from Bumgarner yesterday. Kershaw looked very pi$$ed off with that.

Was really nice to have a matchup like that at a reasonable hour over here, great dual.

Some serious ass kicking going on today. Rangers put 15 on the Yankees, the Pirates have 7 on the Mets through 4 and the Phillies have 7 in the 5th against the Nats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Some serious ass kicking going on today. Rangers put 15 on the Yankees, the Pirates have 7 on the Mets through 4 and the Phillies have 7 in the 5th against the Nats

The wheels have seriously come off for the Yankees in the last two weeks.

I watched the last 7 innings of the Marlins v O's game last night. Crazy to go scoreless so long and I normally love low scoring games but was actually pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

I watched as well, it was really boring besides those two runs to the plate where the runner got caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Funniest thing right now is the way most commentators are saying "The Astros have to start losing games now" and yet they just split a four game series against Detroit in Comerica Park. Go figure.

Funniest thing right now is the way most commentators are saying "The Astros have to start losing games now" and yet they just split a four game series against Detroit in Comerica Park. Go figure.

What's their strength in depth like? Young teams can do well in April/May/June until the injuries start to bite. That'll be the real test for them. Look at Milwaukee last season. They weren't expected to be any good but led their division until late August I think when they finally ran out of stream. I'd like to see Houston win the ALW but it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

Just in from work and the Yankees have put 11 on the Royals in 2 innings. That's more than the other NY team has scored in a week!

Just back from the Senators game. Nice pitching duel and Harrisburg came away with the 3-2 win. Will be keeping a lookout for any of the players from either side getting called up to the Nats or Rockies

Minor leagues is definitely the way to go. Really cheap seats.

• Advertisement

We've been hearing a lot over the past couple of years about how pitching is dominating and scoring is down etc. Is it my imagination but does it seem like this season that there are a lot of high scoring games? I remember in April Boston were either scoring double digits or giving up double digits. And the Yankees seem to have been doing the same lately too. And Cleveland have 10 on the board already today.

Advertisement