Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yeah cuddyer back in the line up last night but Wright gone to the DL. They're calling it a mild strain and saying he shouldn't be out too long but I've heard that from Mets trainers before and the guy ends up being out for months.
    A plus for Mets fans has to be Harveys outings so far. He has 17:1 K/BB ratio so far which is pretty impressive for a guy coming back from TJS. Normally pitch control can be a problem. That said Wright is a big loss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Coeus wrote: »
    A plus for Mets fans has to be Harveys outings so far. He has 17:1 K/BB ratio so far which is pretty impressive for a guy coming back from TJS. Normally pitch control can be a problem. That said Wright is a big loss...

Yeah, Harvey's control has been great so far. And to be fair the whole starting rotation's ball to strike ratio has been good but like everything, early days yet!

Apparently Wright will be back in 3 weeks so hopefully his loss won't have too much of an impact on the season.

The schedule seem a bit weird this season. I don't know if it's like this for many other teams but the Mets are playing in-division games 23 out of the first 26 games. I don't remember anything like this in any other season.

So which Ubaldo do you think Baltimore will get tonight? The one who gives up a million hits or the one from the last time out where he was back to his old self? Hopefully it wasn't just a one off and he can get back to pitching great consistently.

Kris Bryant making his debut today too apparently and it's a day game so I'll be tuning into that to see what all the hype's about.

Gotta love baseball fans. Someone shouted "you suck" at Bryant after his third strikeout.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/cubs-fans-are-already-heckling-kris-bryant-with-you-su-1698544054/+bubbaprog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Gotta love baseball fans. Someone shouted "you suck" at Bryant after his third strikeout.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/cubs-fans-are-already-heckling-kris-bryant-with-you-su-1698544054/+bubbaprog

Send him back to the minors!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great scenes at kansas, hole ballpen ran out to the field:D
    some collision

Great scenes at kansas, hole ballpen ran out to the field:D
    some collision

Should that not read "bullpens walked slowly out to the field"? There wasn't much urgency in that bench clearing...!!

Awful slide though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Awful slide though.

Lawrie's side met a 99mph fastball this evening because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Christ almighty the mets go up 7-1 in the 4th and it's now 7-6 in the 8th. Jaysus lads.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Christ almighty the mets go up 7-1 in the 4th and it's now 7-6 in the 8th. Jaysus lads.

Never mind the score today (even if they complete the implosion), the bigger disaster is Blevins and d'Arnaud both fracturing their arms today. Huge losses, both of them. Blevins hadn't allowed any of the 13 batters he faced in relief to reach base and d'Arnaud has been hitting quite well this first 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Exciting bottom of the ninth on right now in Seattle against Texas.

Tied at 10. Bottom of the ninth. Bases loaded. 2 outs.

...And then boom, the Mariners win it.

I was just watching Cincinatti vs St.Louis on ESPN and they have this awful graphic of the strike zone superimposed over the live action. Its not just for replays but is there for every single pitch. Horrible. Anyone else notice this on ESPN? I hadnt noticed before because local games are on Fox Sports.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I was just watching Cincinatti vs St.Louis on ESPN and they have this awful graphic of the strike zone superimposed over the live action. Its not just for replays but is there for every single pitch. Horrible. Anyone else notice this on ESPN? I hadnt noticed before because local games are on Fox Sports.

I don't like it either. We were discussing this around opening day on here and some hated it but others liked it.

:eek: Woman hit in the back of the head with baseball in Pittsburgh, big delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

What's better than a grand slam?.......TWO grand slams!

What's better than a grand slam?.......TWO grand slams!

Maybe a manager having a meltdown is a way to spur an offence into action? Seems to have done the job in this case.

Maybe a manager having a meltdown is a way to spur an offence into action? Seems to have done the job in this case.

A couple of years ago, the Reds were on a losing streak when Brandon Phillips berated a reporter (the same reporter)....and the reds went on a 10&2 run.

Of course it may be more to do with playing the worst team in baseball.

:eek: Woman hit in the back of the head with baseball in Pittsburgh, big delay.

Ow.

Right behind home plate. SHe really shold have been paying a little more attention though but she was heading for a seat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/woman-hit-by-foul-ball-at-pirates-game-raises-questions-about-fan-safety-175519833.html

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Ow.

Right behind home plate. SHe really shold have been paying a little more attention though but she was heading for a seat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/woman-hit-by-foul-ball-at-pirates-game-raises-questions-about-fan-safety-175519833.html

That looked sore alright. There are normally signs all over the place warning you to keep your eye on the game at all times as bats and balls can leave the field of play. Unfortunate timing for this woman.

• Advertisement

That looked sore alright. There are normally signs all over the place warning you to keep your eye on the game at all times as bats and balls can leave the field of play. Unfortunate timing for this woman.

There's a combination of the backstop giving a false sense of security.....and another possible contribution is the fact that the occupants of those seats very often aren't baseball people.

Nice 1-2-3 inning from Ike Davis for the Athletics last night. Always interesting seeing a position player throw an inning or two in a lost cause game and Davis got 3 groundouts and only had to throw 9 pitches to get out of the inning.

Nice 1-2-3 inning from Ike Davis for the Athletics last night. Always interesting seeing a position player throw an inning or two in a lost cause game and Davis got 3 groundouts and only had to throw 9 pitches to get out of the inning.

At that rate, he'll be challenging for the closer role. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmarch2

What inning is the brawl gonna break out between the Orioles and the Blue Jays tonight?

Between Darren O'Day and Jose Bautista's antics for the past few years and Jose Bautista's bush league last night, the possible tampering over the off season when Blue Jays tried to acquire Dan Duquette and lastly, Machado's beef with Josh Donaldson (A's last year) there's all sorts of bad blood.

I expect warnings to be given before the first pitch is thrown.. Jones will get plunked tonight and it's gonna be all bad news from there.

mmarch2 wrote: »
    What inning is the brawl gonna break out between the Orioles and the Blue Jays tonight?

Between Darren O'Day and Jose Bautista's antics for the past few years and Jose Bautista's bush league last night, the possible tampering over the off season when Blue Jays tried to acquire Dan Duquette and lastly, Machado's beef with Josh Donaldson (A's last year) there's all sorts of bad blood.

I expect warnings to be given before the first pitch is thrown.. Jones will get plunked tonight and it's gonna be all bad news from there.

Eventful past week or so on the brawl front anyway. Where's Brian McCann to sort everyone out when you need him?

Love the early evening games.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Madame_Diem

Folks, any Mets fans here. Do you think this run will last?

Yeah, big Mets fan here. Delighted with the start but I've been burnt too many times before with this team to get too excited. It's also way too early to start thinking that they're a serious team as it's such a small sample size. Although a 10 game win streak is a great achievement even against poor teams but that's all they've played on this streak.

But wins are wins and better being 12-3 than 5-10 or whatever but the injuries are going to catch up with them sooner or later. I know management took a lot of grief in the off-season for not trading for a shortstop and defensively, Flores is poor but keeping the depth intact has proven to be a wise move, considering how many players are on the DL already.

But I like the attitude of the team this year. They probably have more come from behind wins already than they did in the whole of last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes and what run ? Shhhhh let's not jink it for jaysus sake.

• Advertisement

We should be getting higher scoring games citi field this year as they have moved in centre and right center walls, it was one of the most pitcher friendly parks last few years.

Advertisement