Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

s.m wrote:
    Really hoping it won't last I certainly don't want to see a repeat of may 2013

2013 was our best summer in a long time? I wouldn't mind a horrible cold may if it means better june and july

• Registered Users Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Please god June will be nice, I don't give a crap about may as long as we get a good June/July/August.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Thats a nice early plume into the south of England. Touching +18 uppers. Would be mid 20s on the ground. A bit further west would have been nice. :rolleyes:

ECU0-120_jlv9.GIF

Lovely that today anyways, nice and close. No wind, just pleasant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Lovely that today anyways, nice and close. No wind, just pleasant.
    meanwhile over here in Arklow,we got 22.1mm of rain today in a non stop shower train :eek:
    A horribly cold wet day
    Same island different coast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Graphics department in RTE on the ball tonight for anyone who forgot where Ireland is:

Wez2h1P.jpg

Could there be a story behind this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

THURSDAY and or FRIDAY are likely to see an interval of heavy rain as low pressure moves into the south. Timing is somewhat different on various models and this event could take place mostly overnight. Highs about 12 C with easterly winds developing as the low approaches.

Might this be overnight Thursday into Friday? I'm running a sports day in my school on Thursday 16th...terrified there will be a load of rain and ruin it! Don't care if its not sunny, just as long as its not p!ssing rain all day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Thargor wrote: »
    Graphics department in RTE on the ball tonight for anyone who forgot where Ireland is:

Wez2h1P.jpg

Same thing again tonight. What's up with this? I know we r a small country, but most of us know where Ireland is

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

It's all very quiet here, no changes on the horizon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Nearly time to start a summer thread

Not much point of a summer thread if we don't get one :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

vickers209 wrote: »
    Nearly time to start a summer thread

I just hope April wasn't our Summer. This month has been wretched so far:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Birdnuts wrote: »
    I just hope April wasn't our Summer. This month has been wretched so far:(

May 2013 was pretty crap too as I recall and we know how that summer went so no need for despair yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I actually think the Irish summer lasts from the June to August bank holiday weekends. Anything before is Spring after is Autumn. Very short window to get teal summer weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

I actually think the Irish summer lasts from the June to August bank holiday weekends. Anything before is Spring after is Autumn. Very short window to get teal summer weather.

Statistically, it extends to the very early days of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well from what iv'e been reading this evening about ''el nino'' we may just close this thread now and head straight to the winter thread ;)

Lovely mild breezy day today, hopefully same again tomorrow, before more wet and miserable muck on thursday

Well from what iv'e been reading this evening about ''el nino'' we may just close this thread now and head straight to the winter thread ;)

Oh?

Oh?

Ah now to be honest, i know nothing about it to comment on it, apart from what i read today, alli got from it was, if this happens then maybe this will happen, im pretty much more informed people would no doubt have much more to offer on it then me, I prefer the look out at the window and see what its at, method myself..

• Advertisement

Lovely mild breezy day today, hopefully same again tomorrow, before more wet and miserable muck on thursday

Not summers weather though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Alonso77 wrote: »
    May 2013 was pretty crap too as I recall and we know how that summer went so no need for despair yet!

That is true - but what are the chances of 3 good summers in a row??Very low looking at past stats. Plus this year so far has more of a 2011 feel which had a great April followed by a pretty dreadfull summer. El Nino conditions ring alarm bells too for our prospects this year:(

Birdnuts wrote: »
    That is true - but what are the chances of 3 good summers in a row??Very low looking at past stats. Plus this year so far has more of a 2011 feel which had a great April followed by a pretty dreadfull summer. El Nino conditions ring alarm bells too for our prospects this year:(

Actually a quick review of the last 5 Mays doesn't make for pretty reading its generally been pretty mediocre to bad. However I tend to take the view that on average our climate is due a bad summer again this year. The last 2 simmers have been good made a lot better in some peoples minds by the 6 that went before them but the weather at present is poor for late spring regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Not a bad one this morning not roasting but warmer than I thought it would be

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

first dry day we've had since the 3rd week of April. Terrible May here so far, temps have struggled to make it past 12C all month and looks like after this 24 hour respite were back to rain, wind and temps will barely making 9-11C over next few days. This May is almost a repeat of May 2013. We will be lighting fires for at least another week by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

First dry day in 19 days in Galway city.
    Today was fabulous though, warm and sunny witha high of 18.2C :)

Breezy here in Tipp warm in the sun but chilly out of it. Its dry and bright at least but I wouldn't be getting too excited the forecast is gloomy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Fifth dry day in a row here - after the deluge of the first week of May.

Grand day in my part of Co.Meath, Warm Sunny and mostly cloudless skies all day, bit nippy now but still sunny

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Lovley here in South West yesterday, 20°c with a breeze. I got 3 loads of drying done.. Cold and wet again this morning. Are people still lighting the fire? Im tempted to now

Advertisement