Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRING WEATHER 2015 - GENERAL DISCUSSION

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looks like the central heating will be back on for the next 2 days, fire still going in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Yeah - rain.

That would be something different :D

I think he means..

sutro-lightning-strike.gif

Crap year for thunderstorms this year so far. Hopefully Summer will deliver plenty of ferocious nighttime storms, and plenty of daytime ones too. :)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Its been raining constantly here where im from in kerry the last 4 weeks, really depressing. I looked at the forecast for.next week and its all rain again. Now I know we live in Ireland and all but this is taking the piss. I also have a skin condition and this weather drives it crazy. Change god damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looking at the models, from around Thursday onwards looks like we could start to see a bit of a change with high pressure pushing up from the south, with the possibility of warmer more settled weather further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Maq has spoken, thats good enough for me, Summer is on the way, now wheres me shorts and vests :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im prepared to put up with this crap May if it means June, July and August been half decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I'm just back from a walk with the dog. We're both wet and cold and miserable.
    Heavy showers of lazy rain, the kind that goes through you rather than gently round you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Gonzo wrote: »
    Im prepared to put up with this crap May if it means June, July and August been half decent.

As we know it doesn't.

Heard a woman at work say this morning that there is a heatwave forecast for the end of the week....i was going to say something but ya know what its not worth the hassle

Maq has spoken, thats good enough for me, Summer is on the way, now wheres me shorts and vests :)

Ah now, calm down. :P It just looks like we will see a bit of improvement from Thursday (up to around 18 in the south maybe) and it looks like the pattern going ahead will be high pressure pushing up from the south, so trending a bit warmer and drier than lately, though there would still be rain pushing in at times especially further north. Hopefully it leads to something better down the road approaching June. Models can change of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A wet and windy May, fills the barns with corn and hay.

But some warmth please...

• Advertisement

Cold, Breezy with a few hail showers in the northeast today, and just about to put the heating on for an hour or 5

At 2pm today it was 8 degrees here with a heavy hail shower. There would want to be some serious good weather around the corner to compensate for this

today was your typical early to mid January day just with added daylight. Plenty of showers, hail, black skys, temps around 8C most of the day and heating on all day with a big fire lit for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Cold, Breezy with a few hail showers in the northeast today, and just about to put the heating on for an hour or 5

Im in the NE as well and it has been well and truly miserable here today. Absolute beasts of rain and hail showers. Grey, cold and really starting to get on my very last nerve :mad::P

Heating on here since about 4pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Feels very cold out there especially when the wind and rain comes along its mid May for feck sake

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm still turning on the electric blanket FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Terrible weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Feel more like a November night then the brink of summer proper:(.

huge hail stones here, garden turning slightly white, bitterly cold, dark, lights and central heating on in house. It's almost surreal that it's coming towards the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A good squally moderate hail shower in Dun Laoghaire, NW winds gusting F7, Temp of 9C. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm still turning on the electric blanket FFS. :mad:

Same here, hopefully no need to soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The consensus seems to be that we will be more or less stuck in this chilly NW PM flow till the end of the month:(

Birdnuts wrote: »
    The consensus seems to be that we will be more or less stuck in this chilly NW PM flow till the end of the month:(

Models aren't looking as good in FI as yesterday, but still looking like it will get up to 18 degrees in places tomorrow and in the days heads the Azones high is going to be more of an influence on the weather here, but ideally we need to see it shifting a bit further east. We'll see...

ECM1-168_cls3.GIF

Meanwhile, it's a bright sunny morning here down south. 11 degrees at 9am ain't too bad. Should get up to 15 or maybe 16 here today, a bit more seasonal for May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I see Saturday and nest Tuesday the 26th are been forecasted sunny but I need at least two sunny days together and preferable three to make my silage and the days in between look dodgy ,would anyone here be able to pick the best days for the coming week in north Kerry along the coast Thanks in advance

Nice bright fresh evening out. Its still mid April rather than late May weather though. Fresh breeze there. Forecast looks a bit better next few days but anything would be an improvement. Last night in particular was a very cold night around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Absolutely stunning out there today...Could this be the start of some decent weather, as there looks to be some potential in the models this morning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

dexter647 wrote: »
    Absolutely stunning out there today...Could this be the start of some decent weather, as there looks to be some potential in the modes this morning:)

Not in Galway anyway

Sunny and dry in the northeast but there is a very cool breeze blowing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Dry, mainly sunny and just shy of 19C here - great day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Dry, mainly sunny and just shy of 19C here - great day!
    Hit 21c here near Arklow for a while,quite nice
    Radar must be banjaxed because it shows rain here ???

Advertisement