Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jimmii wrote: »
    I would wait to hopefully hear something in the Press Conference on Wolly. If you go with hoping him or Jones plays then you are running the risk of only fielding 10. I would probably sell one of them for someone you knew was very likely to start. Schlupp has decent fixtures coming up, is OOP, has a DGW and is only 4.5!

Whos Wolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Wollschied. Otherwise known as Woolshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Trilla wrote: »
    Whos Wolly?

Woolschild, Wolschield, Wolischield, the guy who plays for Stoke no one knows his real name so he goes by Wolly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I would wait to hopefully hear something in the Press Conference on Wolly. If you go with hoping him or Jones plays then you are running the risk of only fielding 10. I would probably sell one of them for someone you knew was very likely to start. Schlupp has decent fixtures coming up, is OOP, has a DGW and is only 4.5!

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Hoping I hear something definite on one or both before I make any decisions. My original plan was to get rid of Jones for Alderweirald but probably not the best GW to do it as Southampton are away to Chelsea and he isn't guaranteed to get straight back into the first 11.

Will take Schlupp into consideration. Will need some funds soon to upgrade Austin to Sturridge/Costa.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Hoping I hear something definite on one or both before I make any decisions. My original plan was to get rid of Jones for Alderweirald but probably not the best GW to do it as Southampton are away to Chelsea and he isn't guaranteed to get straight back into the first 11.

Will take Schlupp into consideration. Will need some funds soon to upgrade Austin to Sturridge/Costa.

I think Schlupp will be one of the best value defenders over the rest of the season. Fixtures before and after the DGW are really strong as a straight swap for Willy he is a good pick. A Southampton defender looks important to have though.

• Advertisement

I think Schlupp will be one of the best value defenders over the rest of the season. Fixtures before and after the DGW are really strong as a straight swap for Willy he is a good pick. A Southampton defender looks important to have though.

Can't see Leicester keeping many clean sheets though!

Can't see Leicester keeping many clean sheets though!

He's basically a 4.5m midfielder that is getting 4 points for a cleansheet and not taking up one of the midfield slots. They are 7/5 to keep a cleansheet this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they kept 3 cleansheets between now and the end of the season you can't ask for much more at that price really!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He's basically a 4.5m midfielder that is getting 4 points for a cleansheet and not taking up one of the midfield slots. They are 7/5 to keep a cleansheet this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they kept 3 cleansheets between now and the end of the season you can't ask for much more at that price really!

Was about to destroy your post with their stats, but then realized he is 7th most scoring defender at that price point.

Last few games were tough, he might get some points within next few weeks, though.

I could do with Dummett replacement now - looks like a good one.

wonski wrote: »
    Was about to destroy your post with their stats, but then realized he is 7th most scoring defender at that price point.

Last few games were tough, he might get some points within next few weeks, though.

I could do with Dummett replacement now - looks like a good one.

lol! Be doing well to catch me out like that! Have a look at the numbers from the last 4 weeks compared to Bertrand/Clyne more touches in the box, more goal attempts, better shooting accuracy all bodes well for attacking returns given the fixtures coming up and hopefully he can pick up a cleansheet or two in the decent looking home games. He's obviously not likely to score 40+ points but he definitely has the potential to score similar to defenders that are 1m-1.5m more expensive tough to see a <5.5m defender who is likely to score more over the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

lol! Be doing well to catch me out like that! Have a look at the numbers from the last 4 weeks compared to Bertrand/Clyne more touches in the box, more goal attempts, better shooting accuracy all bodes well for attacking returns given the fixtures coming up and hopefully he can pick up a cleansheet or two in the decent looking home games. He's obviously not likely to score 40+ points but he definitely has the potential to score similar to defenders that are 1m-1.5m more expensive tough to see a <5.5m defender who is likely to score more over the rest of the season.

You've convinced me. Needed a replacement for Wasi anyway so it's an obvious one. If they keep a cleansheet this week, I'll owe you one. :pac:

• Advertisement

You've convinced me. Needed a replacement for Wasi anyway so it's an obvious one. If they keep a cleansheet this week, I'll owe you one. :pac:

Well now they still are only 7/5 to keep a cleansheet with PP so taking into account their margin then they feel they are around 38% to keep a cleansheet have to hope this weekend will be part of the 38 and not part of the 62 or else his attacking stats will come to fruition and he pops up with something at the other end of the pitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

schlupp will be coming in for either alderweireld or wolschield for me
    most likely wolschield as I see myself upgrading Bertrand to a Chelsea defender soon too and want saints cover

km79 wrote: »
    schlupp will be coming in for either alderweireld or wolschield for me
    most likely wolschield as I see myself upgrading Bertrand to a Chelsea defender soon too and want saints cover

Still nothing on Wolly its frustrating! Hopefully that is a good sign i'm sure if it was bad it would have been mentioned. Definitely worth keeping Alderweireld his price is just so good! Ivan, Alderweireld, Schlupp, PVA would be a fairly nice 4 to have along with someone to make up the numbers lots of threat there!

Well now they still are only 7/5 to keep a cleansheet with PP so taking into account their margin then they feel they are around 38% to keep a cleansheet have to hope this weekend will be part of the 38 and not part of the 62 or else his attacking stats will come to fruition and he pops up with something at the other end of the pitch!

7/5 are pretty good odds of them keeping a cleansheet though, aren't they? :o

7/5 are pretty good odds of them keeping a cleansheet though, aren't they? :o

Better than a shlap in the face sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭shano_88

Any word on Wooly today or will we have to wait till the presser tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Still undecided on whether it's worth the use of a transfer to switch Eriksen to Silva. Silva is undisputedly in better form FPL wise at least, stats are excellent too. But Eriksen was so involved last weekend and United are in disarray. I can't see there being a whole lot between them this week.

With the DGWs etc coming up I feel banking a transfer will be equivalent to saving a future hit, so Silva -4 for Eriksen I'm not so sure.

Silva is becoming a player who continually thwarts me by religiously ending his high scoring spell as soon as I bring him in, which is the other reason I'm cautious.

Rest of my midfield is Hazard, Sanchez, Puncheon, Cork with Sturridge, Aguero and Kane up front.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Any word on Wooly today or will we have to wait till the presser tomorrow?

Literally THREE posts back from yours man! :eek::confused:

FHFC wrote: »
    Literally THREE posts back from yours man! :eek::confused:

Searching for an answer are you crazy! The day people start using Google for themselves is the day boards dies!

Still undecided on whether it's worth the use of a transfer to switch Eriksen to Silva. Silva is undisputedly in better form FPL wise at least, stats are excellent too. But Eriksen was so involved last weekend and United are in disarray. I can't see there being a whole lot between them this week.

With the DGWs etc coming up I feel banking a transfer will be equivalent to saving a future hit, so Silva -4 for Eriksen I'm not so sure.

Silva is becoming a player who continually thwarts me by religiously ending his high scoring spell as soon as I bring him in, which is the other reason I'm cautious.

Rest of my midfield is Hazard, Sanchez, Puncheon, Cork with Sturridge, Aguero and Kane up front.

Definitely hold. In fact I think Eriksen is a better option especially in the short term.

• Advertisement

Definitely hold. In fact I think Eriksen is a better option especially in the short term.

That's my gut, but Silva has hurt me badly of late.

But yeah, that looks like happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

If the god is giving you advice you should definitely follow it!

LOL. Just saw this now. That was meant to be good advice!

I wonder though if that's an omen??? I'd be insane now I think not to get Silva in.

That's my gut, but Silva has hurt me badly of late.

But yeah, that looks like happening.

I'm going with both Silva and Eriksen. Ozil is being shipped. That'll either work out great or be a disaster. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Still nothing on Wolly its frustrating! Hopefully that is a good sign i'm sure if it was bad it would have been mentioned. Definitely worth keeping Alderweireld his price is just so good! Ivan, Alderweireld, Schlupp, PVA would be a fairly nice 4 to have along with someone to make up the numbers lots of threat there!

Havnt seen Alderweirald play in a full match....why do people feel he will def slot back into Saints defence,they are not doing too badly without him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Going to start puncheon ahead of eriksen this weekend. Eriksen has nice fixtures coming up so I don't want rid. Am I mad?

The rest of my mid s are ozil hazard and sliva with Kane Austin and kun up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Going to start puncheon ahead of eriksen this weekend. Eriksen has nice fixtures coming up so I don't want rid. Am I mad?

The rest of my mid s are ozil hazard and sliva with Kane Austin and kun up front.

Not at all. You have a strong front 8. One of them will have to lose out. By having Kane you are somewhat covered if spurs go on a rampage and you leave Eriksen benched.

That said, it may be beneficial to downgrade one of your midfielders to a cheapie. It'll remove headaches like this, and give you some leeway going forward in terms of money in the bank. I'm in a similar kerfuffle, in having 5 premium midfielders. Changing Cazorla to Cork will give me the funds to bring in Costa or Sturridge at a future date if they become must-haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

A bit of advice please, have a back three of Clichy, Fonte and Bertrand, not sure how I ended up with two Southampton backs but they've served me well the last couple of weeks! Have two transfers, want to get rid of Clichy as he hasnt played lately and was thinking of bringing in Terry. Would have to sell either Fonte or Bertrand to pay the extra for Terry and would need to bring in a cheap 4.5 million defender. Any thoughts which I should sell and a cheap defender to bring in?

Hughes "We have a doubt over Wollscheid, we will have to see what happens. The break has helped us to get a few lads up to speed" #SCFC

Hughes "We have a doubt over Wollscheid, we will have to see what happens. The break has helped us to get a few lads up to speed" #SCFC

That doesn't help me one bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ncmc wrote: »
    A bit of advice please, have a back three of Clichy, Fonte and Bertrand, not sure how I ended up with two Southampton backs but they've served me well the last couple of weeks! Have two transfers, want to get rid of Clichy as he hasnt played lately and was thinking of bringing in Terry. Would have to sell either Fonte or Bertrand to pay the extra for Terry and would need to bring in a cheap 4.5 million defender. Any thoughts which I should sell and a cheap defender to bring in?

I'd say keep Bertrand because of his attacking potential. Not sure of who to bring in though.

Advertisement