Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netanyahu Calls On World To Halt Iran's March Of Conquest And Terror

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I'd say to Gaza or Hell, but gaza seems like hell. They probably brought it on themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

cerastes wrote: »
    I didn't say genocide, but if you look up the definition and what the ECHR says and what other definitions say, it appears that there is a genocide taking place.

There is no genocide, it's just a word used to stir up an emotional response in people. There's plenty of things that are wrong about the west bank situation but getting dramatic about it helps nobody in the long run.

There is no genocide, it's just a word used to stir up an emotional response in people. There's plenty of things that are wrong about the west bank situation but getting dramatic about it helps nobody in the long run.

Did you even read my reply to you?
    You haven't said what you think a genocide is? Why don't youmlok up the definition and tell us the difference between what you find and what your opinion of it is, people don't have to be lined up to be executed for it to exist, I didn't even consider it was before it was brought up in this thread, but looking up the definition, it appears to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

Nodin wrote: »
    Being silly and disengenous there I'm afraid.
    Yet instead of providing any evidence to support your claims or disprove mine, a misspelled ad hominem is the best you can do.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Icepick can you not see what Israel is doing is wrong? They are building illegal settlements on an other peoples land. Do you think I would get away with building a house in your back garden?
    The illegal settlements are wrong and should be dismantled. But demonizing Jews is not going to help find a peaceful solution to this conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Icepick wrote: »
    The illegal settlements are wrong and should be dismantled. But demonizing Jews is not going to help find a peaceful solution to this conflict.

Nobody is demonizing Jews. I think its more like Zionism that is getting demonized and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yet instead of providing any evidence to support your claims or disprove mine, a misspelled ad hominem is the best you can do.

You made claims so spurious they aren't worthy of serious consideration. I've provided evidence earlier which you ignored.

Be as good as to show where somebody has been "demonizing Jews" please.

What! Ahh the theology card? Right I see, Scraping the barrel more like.the last resort or is it the first of the Zionist? You do realise many Jews disagree with what Israel does, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭SeanW

cerastes wrote: »
    What! Ahh the theology card? Right I see, Scraping the barrel more like.the last resort or is it the first of the Zionist? You do realise many Jews disagree with what Israel does, right?
    Nearly (if not more than) half of the worlds Jews live in Israel, and it's likely more will be joining them the way the West is going.

There is a case for Israel, it just so happens that Mr. Netanyahu is not doing a good job of making it.

• Advertisement

He's consistent, at least.

"Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed this afternoon that if reelected he will build thousands of settler homes in Arab east Jerusalem to prevent future concessions to the Palestinians.
    Speaking ahead of tomorrow’s general election, Mr Netanyahu vowed he would never allow the Palestinians to establish a capital in the city's eastern sector.
    "I won't let that happen. My friends and I in Likud will preserve the unity of Jerusalem," he said of his ruling right-wing party, vowing to prevent any future division of the city by building thousands of new settler homes."
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0316/687510-israel/

On the bright side the election is tomorrow so its unlikely he'll have provoked another intifada in the time remaining.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Nobody is demonizing Jews.
    This would be a believable claim if the anti-Israeli activists:
    - weren't so often exclusively obsessed with Israel's actions, ignoring other conflicts and people's suffering .. well except for anti US and overall anti West sentiments
    - weren't so often one-sided when analysing the conflict. Any mention of Hamas' actions and intentions as well as those of their allies are trivialized or completely ignored
    - didn't put Israel to a much higher standard than any other country

- weren't so often exclusively obsessed with Israel's actions, ignoring other conflicts and people's suffering .. well except for anti US and overall anti West sentiments
    - weren't so often one-sided when analysing the conflict. Any mention of Hamas' actions and intentions as well as those of their allies are trivialized or completely ignored
    - didn't put Israel to a much higher standard than any other country

You'll find that - by and large - the 'other countries' are under sanctions of some sort.

Earlier you alleged people were "demonizing Jews". Who did this, and could you quote and link to the post please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Western governments refuse to condemn Israeli brutality and we live in the west - that implicates us in a way. Thankfully Ireland is comparatively critical of the Israelis.

Irish people were once subject to colonial occupation followed by independence so we're largely sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians now just as we were with the Israelis when they were being bullied.

Unlike in other conflicts there are people who'll vehemently defend Israel regardless of its brutality and dis-proportionality - they need to be challenged. With other conflicts you simply don't have people defending brutality in anywhere near as many numbers.

The Israelis sell themselves as a western style democracy so it behoves us as western democracies to call it out when it acts like a murderous regime.

We're watching the dispossession and strangulation of a people in slow motion - it's impossible to ignore and there is no other conflict like it that I'm aware of.

Israel is Washington's attack dog in the Middle East so anyone with a passing interest in world affairs will have an interest in this conflict.

According to analysts we're facing a future where there'll be a widening gap between the 'have mores' and the 'have nots'. When the 'have mores' seek to ensure their privileges and ever increasing slice of the pie they'll look to Israel's 'security' industry and see a working example of how it's done. Israel/Palestine - coming to a theatre near you (if we're not careful).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

SeanW wrote: »
    There is a case for Israel, it just so happens that Mr. Netanyahu is not doing a good job of making it.

With any luck he won't be prime minister for much longer. He's being widely mocked for his paternalistic and unfunny election ads that conveniently don't mention anything about the economy, health, education etc atm

You'll find that - by and large - the 'other countries' are under sanctions of some sort.
    Even going by your obsession with sanctions, where was the anti Israeli crowd before Russia was sanctioned? Where is it now calling for more sanctions as Russia continues to occupy Ukraine?
    Earlier you alleged people were "demonizing Jews". Who did this, and could you quote and link to the post please?
    I already described the general attitude that speaks for itself.
    As for specific posts, you were quite active in this thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

So Bibi finally admits he has no intention of ever allowing the creation of a Palestanian State in an Interview on the eve of the election as he desperately tries to win more votes from the hard right.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/world/middleeast/benjamin-netanyahu-campaign-settlement.html

Just telling the rest of us what we knew all along.

Even going by your obsession with sanctions, where was the anti Israeli crowd before Russia was sanctioned? .

Russia was put under sanction so quick there was no need.

I was. What's your point?

So Bibi finally admits he has no intention of ever allowing the creation of a Palestanian State in an Interview on the eve of the election as he desperately tries to win more votes from the hard right.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/17/world/middleeast/benjamin-netanyahu-campaign-settlement.html

More honest than Livni et al, I'll give him that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

More honest than Livni et al, I'll give him that.

Livni has finally agreed to not rotate the primeminister position, so her input would be greatly reduced in that regard.

Still won't matter a jot as I can't see ZU gatering enough of the smaller parties under their banner to oust Likud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Even going by your obsession with sanctions, where was the anti Israeli crowd before Russia was sanctioned? Where is it now calling for more sanctions as Russia continues to occupy Ukraine?
    I think you'll find many countries have sanctions against Russia and talks are ongoing. It's interesting you compare Russia to Israel, both invading the land of others.

I know Jews who hate, 'hate' the Israeli regime. Explain that one. Aren't there a great number of Israeli's also against the treatment of the Palestinians? I guess all these Jewish people hate Jews right?
    Don't insult all Jewish people by automatically associating them with the ongoing crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Israeli state.

"Israel’s prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu has unequivocally ruled out the establishment of a Palestinian state as he vowed to strengthen construction of settlements in occupied east Jerusalem should he be re-elected on Tuesday.

Netanyahu’s comments reinforced his hardening message of recent days and confirmed his final abandonment of his at best tepid commitment to a two-state solution designed to see the creation of an independent Palestinian state."
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/16/israel-election-netanyahu-losing-opinion-polls-as-voting-begins

I may have to review my comments in post 290 at this rate. He really is a destructive vile piece of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Benjamin Netanyahu today:
    "The right-wing government is in danger. Arab voters are coming out in droves to the polls. Left-wing organizations are busing them out."

Strange coming from a guy who claims to want democracy to reign over terror. Isn't the idea of voting in an election to get people to vote :confused: ?? He says it like he doesn't believe "arab voters" should be let vote ...

Taken from RTE news http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0317/687626-israel/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Halpenny wrote: »
    Strange coming from a guy who claims to want democracy to reign over terror. Isn't the idea of voting in an election to get people to vote :confused: ?? He says it like he doesn't believe "arab voters" should be let vote ...

Nah, not if there isn't a hope that they'll vote for him. :pac:

Hopefully he won't win then.

For Reals wrote: »
    I know Jews who hate, 'hate' the Israeli regime. Explain that one. Aren't there a great number of Israeli's also against the treatment of the Palestinians? I guess all these Jewish people hate Jews right?
    Don't insult all Jewish people by automatically associating them with the ongoing crimes against humanity perpetrated by the Israeli state.
    So you suddenly speak of the Israeli regime to shift the goalposts.

Russia was put under sanction so quick there was no need.
    Still occupying another country. More sanctions needed. Yet the anti-Israeli lobby doesn't care.
    Also sanctions amount to collective punishment. Hypocrite much?
    I was. What's your point?
    So you didn't notice posts such as this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Halpenny wrote: »

If there's one thing Likud have learned from the holocaust, it's that there's no point giving the untermenschen a vote.

Still occupying another country. More sanctions needed. Yet the anti-Israeli lobby doesn't care.
    Also sanctions amount to collective punishment. Hypocrite much?

You seem to be tying yourself in confused knots over that one. Have you anything to say regards Netanyahus pronouncements over the last day or so?

You've no idea what I did or did not notice. I would suggest you haven't noticed this though
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90486522&postcount=18

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90550011&postcount=101

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84927599&postcount=11

• Advertisement

You seem to be tying yourself in confused knots over that one.
    Sorry, I don't like hypocrisy and double standards.
    Have you anything to say regards Netanyahus pronouncements over the last day or so?
    maybe look at the previous page

Advertisement