Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal things that seem strange to you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

People who say "choooooooone!" when they hear a song they quite like .......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Movie, music & television snobbery ......... wtf do you care if somebody likes xxxxx tv programme just because you deem it as "crap".

Football ........

Average looking men and (particularly) women who are fussy when it comes to romantic connections ....... they usually end up sad, bitter and alone ........ full of self-pity.

Facebook ..........

People who feel an over-whelming urge to strike up a conversation or offer their opinions to complete (and obviously disinterested) strangers.

The Anti-Religion Brigade ........ be an atheist by all means but can you do it quietly and leave the "faithful" alone? I know they may be deluded in their beliefs but so what!?

Posters who respond to a post with "not true" or "incorrect" followed by ......... nothing!! No explanation as to why the post is "not true" ......... by the way it usually IS true .......... just so you know!!

Morning people ............

People who think it's ok to ask strangers for a cigarette .......... "sure why not, have a feel of my wife and a bite of my burger while you're at it!!" :rolleyes:

Posters who get offended by smiley faces for some reason :confused::confused::confused:

Posters who ask other posters "NOT TO SHOUT AT THEM PLEASE!!" ........ reality check, it's not shouting, it's capital letters on a screen ffs!

That's it I think .......... for now ;)

False :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭theboy1

Showering.

I am genuinely astonished when people admit to showering up to twice a day.

I shower once a month and I am fine and that month includes training twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

theboy1 wrote: »
    Showering.

I am genuinely astonished when people admit to showering up to twice a day.

I shower once a month and I am fine and that month includes training twice a week.

Yuck! Get in the shower! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

This was normal in secondary school, but everytime the clowns would do badly in a test, they'd be like "ah miss, we didn't go over this in class"

Internally I would think "yeah we did, except you were doing the exact thing you were not doing right now......like the shutting fcuk up"

These same guys now in their early 20's are now campaigning/supporting for prominent political candidates, yet they were the last people who'd you want/see running for anything, with there whole fcuk the police ****e

So seeing eegits acting like shining stars would be my strange complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭theboy1

Adamantium wrote: »
    This was normal in secondary school, but everytime the clowns would do badly in a test, they'd be like "ah miss, we didn't go over this in class"

Internally I would think "yeah we did, except you were doing the exact thing you were not doing right now......like the shutting fcuk up"

These same guys now in their early 20's are now campaigning/supporting for prominent political candidates, yet they were the last people who'd you want/see running for anything, with there whole fcuk the police ****e

So seeing eegits acting like shining stars would be my strange complaint.

I bet they got more girls then you.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

This notion here in Ireland that just because you'd rather not put yourself through some discomfort that your 'soft'
    I mean if I have the choice to be out sliding in muck for the sake of it or being nice and comfortable inside I'm going to choose comfort every time!

I'm not talking about fitness vs being lazy I'm talking about choosing the worse of two options for fear of you being called 'soft'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Yeah I'd agree on IT departments being boring. I'll be starting full time myself in June, however I've already determined It'll be purely for a 9-5 money making venture over 35-40 years.

I've worked in IT before and listening to how the rest of the office spent they're "weekend" filled me with boredom and pity.

Good luck with that. Unless it's the Civil Service, there is no IT department where it's purely 9 to 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Good luck with that. Unless it's the Civil Service, there is no IT department where it's purely 9 to 5.

Oh we had On-call alright on rotation every 5-6 weeks per staff member. However I've other friends working in both Technical support and development and the vast majority of their working time is spent on a 8 - 4 or 9 -5 basis. Occasional overtime or night shift depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Underwear.
    It's just a pointless, sweat inducing, uncomfortable and unnecessary extra garment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Consuming the body and blood of Jesus Christ.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

people wearing sweatpants. You know you're in Ireland when you're surrounded by people wearing those ugly filthy hobo things

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

martinsvi wrote: »
    people wearing sweatpants. You know you're in Ireland when you're surrounded by people wearing those ugly filthy hobo things

Sweatpants as in a tracksuit bottoms?

Sweatpants as in a tracksuit bottoms?

yeah, the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Normally the flight or boat trip would be a better indicator

Cormac... wrote: »
    Normally the flight or boat trip would be a better indicator

nop, a flight or a boat can take you anywhere, the only true indicator you've landed in Eire is the amount of sweatpants.. I mean, I just returned from a trip abroad, at the departure airport I didn't even have to look up the gate, when I saw suspicious concentration of grey sweatpants I knew I was at the right gate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Sweatpants???

What part of the states are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nop, a flight or a boat can take you anywhere, the only true indicator you've landed in Eire is the amount of sweatpants.. I mean, I just returned from a trip abroad, at the departure airport I didn't even have to look up the gate, when I saw suspicious concentration of grey sweatpants I knew I was at the right gate

We're a country full of athletes in training.

Why is it ok for us to cover our faces with makeup but we disapprove of Muslim women covering their faces with veils?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Pregnant women.
    most unnatural thing in the world!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

deise08 wrote: »
    Pregnant women.

One of my friends shudders when she sees me, she thinks it's disgusting that I have a little human in my belly :D

deise08 wrote: »
    Pregnant women.

And then they have the cheek to ask us to carry heavy stuff for them. Disgraceful.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    One of my friends shudders when she sees me, she thinks it's disgusting that I have a little human in my belly :D

I think it's time we had a little talk.

The baby...is not in your belly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I've seen the film alien. You dont want to know what happens next.

Candie wrote: »
    I think it's time we had a little talk.

The baby...is not in your belly. :)

Yeah yeah yeah you know what I mean! Uterus doesn't sound as good!

Yeah Uterus is a horrible word. It's a bit like Uranus.

Yeah yeah yeah you know what I mean! Uterus doesn't sound as good!

It's better than womb though. Womb is too close to tomb. :(

Candie wrote: »
    It's better than womb though. Womb is too close to tomb. :(

It's like when people correct you for.saying vagina when you mean vulva, who says vulva?? Ugh.

• Advertisement

It's like when people correct you for.saying vagina when you mean vulva, who says vulva?? Ugh.

Definitely not me, no. I've never corrected anyone for saying that. Nope, not me. Never. That would be terribly pedantic, so of course I've definitely never done that. At all, ever.

<<<<<
    >>>>>

:o

Advertisement