Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal things that seem strange to you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Obsession with fashion and celebrity culture. It's everywhere but leaves me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

High heeled shoes.

Wearing make-up everyday.

I find both of these things bizarre. Yes, I am a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ruu wrote: »
    Clocks, what are they all about?

F*ckin' Magnets, how do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Separate hot and cold taps and windows that open outwards. I mean, why? Neither make much sense :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Working 9 to 5.

I've just gotten the closest thing I've ever had to a 9-5 job and I can't get used to it at all. 15 years of shift work has destroyed me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I've just gotten the closest thing I've ever had to a 9-5 job and I can't get used to it at all. 15 years of shift work has destroyed me.

I did shift work for 10 years and I swear it took me the main part of 6mths to get used to doing 9-5 again after it. I hate routine anyway but I missed the time I had to myself and I hated the normality of the whole 9-5 thing. There's something very liberating about being awake in the middle of the night working whenever most people are sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

galah wrote: »
    Separate hot and cold taps and windows that open outwards. I mean, why? Neither make much sense :mad:

Inward opening windows definitely don't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

nc19 wrote: »
    watching sport

never understood it. If you like it so much go and do it yourself

Hmm, would you say the same about action movies? Are you specifically telling me to go out and sort out the criminals and the scum of our streets? Cos I'll do it man, I'll do it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The Peanut wrote: »
    I did shift work for 10 years and I swear it took me the main part of 6mths to get used to it. I hate routine anyway but I missed the time I had to myself and I hated the normality of the whole 9-5 thing. There's something very liberating about being awake in the middle of the night working whenever most people are sleeping.

I know!

Coming home from night duty on a dirty rotten rainy day and climbing into bed while everyone else is heading to work, or even just the anticipation of doing a few night shifts to escape the relentless chaos and demands of working during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Small children marching to school in the morning.

• Advertisement

People who converse with total strangers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

The Peanut wrote: »
    There's something very liberating about being awake in the middle of the night working whenever most people are sleeping.

I used to see some really odd things coming home at night when I was doing shift work. Snowmen in the middle of the road, armed guards, green lights in the sky. It's quite possible I was hallucinating from lack of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I used to see some really odd things coming home at night when I was doing shift work. Snowmen in the middle of the road, armed guards, green lights in the sky. It's quite possible I was hallucinating from lack of sleep.

Might just be a Kildare thing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Might just be a Kildare thing tbh.

It's a good job I'm not on Craggy Island. I'd be seeing creatures with four arses. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

People being obsessed with cars. Don't get it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

kneemos wrote: »
    Inward opening windows definitely don't make sense.

They do, easier to clean and you can fit flyscreens to them. Ever tried that with an outward opening window? Also less risk of window getting damaged when windy.

Also less risk of someone falling out of the window when opening it.

So there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Reaching under your crotch with bog roll to wipe your hole while remaining seated during poo poo time.

Am I the only one who stands up to wipe and checks to make sure theres no brown left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Shaving - I did it for a couple of years but it seemed like a lot of effort to look like a prepubescent boy so I stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Reaching under your crotch with bog roll to wipe your hole while remaining seated during poo poo time.

Am I the only one who stands up to wipe and checks to make sure theres no brown left ?

What do you check with when standing up????

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

What do you check with when standing up????

My eyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Using the word ' this ' to refer to a post you agree with.

Using the words ' happy out ' to indicate being generally pleased about something.

No matter how long I look at them, they refuse to make any sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Football and the hysteria and hype that surrounds it. 22 men getting paid millions to kick a piece of air around a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Using the word ' this ' to refer to a post you agree with.

Using the words ' happy out ' to indicate being generally pleased about something.

No matter how long I look at them, they refuse to make any sense to me.

Th... Nevermind, someone else will do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Football and the hysteria and hype that surrounds it. 22 men getting paid millions to kick a piece of air around a field.

I like s good game of soccer as much as the next...but the pire bull that goes on in Ireland about English Premiership matches is unreal childish (look at soccer forum mod inputs/warnings) ...these are not like usual boards where things can be exaggerated....I've seen same crap going on in the real world....would put me off saying I follow soccer at times

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I like s good game of soccer as much as the next...but the pire bull that goes on in Ireland about English Premiership matches is unreal childish (look at soccer forum mod inputs/warnings) ...these are not like usual boards where things can be exaggerated....I've seen same crap going on in the real world....would put me off saying I follow soccer at times

Used to have half an interest but it's just a pantomime these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Electric Picnic and some people's obsession with it. It just looks like a lot of middle-aged middle-class twats in a field trying to relive their teens. I have friends such as these and I find it all a bit pathetic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

People who have an unusal ammount of ' Company Spirit' in work. Get up ta **** ya pup ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

My eyes

You are able to look at your own hoop? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Birds...tiny singing dinosaurs with feathers.

Freaks.
    Dinosaurs had feathers

Nightclubs; hot, noisy, smelly, crowded, terrible "music", awful drink and generally not a pleasant place to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

LizT wrote: »
    What a way to make a living

With Petite 990.. its like a real typewriter

Advertisement