Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Anyone having issues receiving calls/texts. I seem to lose network coverage for hours. Sometimes it takes up to 12 hours to received a missed call notification or text. I'm on 3 btw. May have to yet another SIM. This one did go through the washing machine.

Same problem. Tried a meteor sim and it had the same issue too.

APNs should be automatically added, the ZF2 doesnt seem to. Again, I suspect some sort of sim card compatability issue with Irish sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Tragedy wrote: »
    Same problem. Tried a meteor sim and it had the same issue too.

APNs should be automatically added, the ZF2 doesnt seem to. Again, I suspect some sort of sim card compatability issue with Irish sims.

Anyone else have this problem?the thing is I use WhatsApp for most communication so it's hard to judge how offer this is happening. It's only when I get a missed call notification. I havn't had a problem dialing out yet.

Did you send the phone back in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Anyone else have this problem?the thing is I use WhatsApp for most communication so it's hard to judge how offer this is happening. It's only when I get a missed call notification. I havn't had a problem dialing out yet.

Did you send the phone back in the end?

Only starting noticing it today :/ Wasn't an issue on the other handset it seems though, fixed just by turning aeroplane mode on/off but no idea how often this has been/will be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I've had no issues with what's app after I added in apn details. I have to admit I never had to do this before.

I've also notice some speed issues. Playing back clips via youtube app,the audio seems to be always out of sync.. can anyone check

I've had no issues with what's app after I added in apn details. I have to admit I never had to do this before.

I've also notice some speed issues. Playing back clips via youtube app,the audio seems to be always out of sync.. can anyone check

In my experience it's pretty normal to have to enter APN details on a phone not bought directly from the network operator before data service will work.

I have not had any issue with video playback so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

got the refund this morning at 11.39.just checked my paypal account and it was there

got the refund this morning at 11.39.just checked my paypal account and it was there

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Booked the return via Parcel2Go, a whopping EUR57.67 (Nightline Express saver + Insurance). Somehow at that price it still takes up to two weeks delivery but amazon recommended insured so hopefully that all works out. Sent on the invoice to Amazon and they've already initiated the full refund.

Hi did you get to speak to someone in Amazon.it with English last fella I spoke too hung up on me because I did not speak Italian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 dubby1978

Hootanany wrote: »
    Hi did you get to speak to someone in Amazon.it with English last fella I spoke too hung up on me because I did not speak Italian.

Live Chat + Google Translate is probably your best option. Surprised they don't speak English too though.

Live chat is (almost) doable with Google Translate but their email support is english speaking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

jonnny68 wrote: »
    just to confirm that Gearbeast definitely do not have any European models and ive been offered a refund which ill have to take and means im €53 out of pocket having had to pay customs fees which they ar ehighly unlikely to refund.

VALUABLE LESSON LEARNED:confused:

They are the least trustworthy company I have ever dealt with, I would always spend more to avoid them in future.

I think if you return it you can reclaim customs though, minus admin fees.

On this phone, with all the returns is the consensus to avoid it?

They are the least trustworthy company I have ever dealt with, I would always spend more to avoid them in future.

I think if you return it you can reclaim customs though, minus admin fees.

On this phone, with all the returns is the consensus to avoid it?

Definitely not. I had to return mine due to what appears to be an isolated hardware defect (it happens). Been using the replacement for a week now and it's flawless. Beautiful screen, nice design, great performance, decent battery, decent camera.

Had a few issues with receiving calls too but (and I'm not entirely sure how/why, I can expand on what the meteor rep told me if anyone is interested) but a new sim card fixed them.

Elephone/Meizu have similar offerings, at similar(ish) price points but I'm glad I went with the Asus. Global company + Amazon = even if there is a problem, your safe. Not really something that could be said about other phones in this price range (OPO, Elephone).

It’s an upgrade in every sense from the M7, to be expected, but I’ve nothing else to compare it to really. I know it’s faster than my iPad Air 2 in everyday tasks anyway, not really a fair comparison though.

If you (or anyone else) have any specific questions about it ask away.

Has anyone installed 2.15.40 10 WW? It doesn't pop up for me to install but I see it on one of their zenfone forums..

Apparently it improves battery, camera etc..

The camera app is quite poor,fine in daylight terrible at nighttime, with the flash giving a too much orange effect and or white washing the image out.

I've installed googles camera app on mine whilst they resolve the issue...

Has anyone installed 2.15.40 10 WW? It doesn't pop up for me to install but I see it on one of their zenfone forums..

My current software version is 2.15.40.13......anyone else chime in?

My current software version is 2.15.40.13......anyone else chime in?

Mine is the same

My battery sucks 100% last night went to bed 77% this morning,anyone got a fix?

My battery sucks 100% last night went to bed 77% this morning,anyone got a fix?

Did you try the power saving app installed on the phone? There are options on there,like you can turn off noficications and syncing,emails and other backround apps.you can just turn them back on again when you wake up in the morning.worth a try to see if it makes a difference.

Will give a go thanks

Mine is the same

Mine just updated to 2.15.40.13

they say they fixed the camera but it doesn't look like it..

Will give a go thanks

Here's more simple options to improve battery life

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8384

• Advertisement

New Software update, meant to further address camera quality

Camera quality does look better. Will test more later in lower light

Did you get it ota?

Did you get it ota?

Yeah, had to manually check though. Just open the 'System Update' app and tap 'Check Update'.

Chromecast and screen casting is fixed in this latest update.

Chromecast and screen casting is fixed in this latest update.

What exactly was wrong with it?

What exactly was wrong with it?

There was no option on youtube for screen casting. Handy for throwing videos to the Xbox.

There was no option on youtube for screen casting. Handy for throwing videos to the Xbox.

Ah ok, I thought you meant the chromecast.

Ah ok, I thought you meant the chromecast.

If you have some apps that's play movies (not Netflix.....) and you want to cast the screen to the tv with a chromecast, you can now do it..
    Before the update it did not work....

• Advertisement

If you have some apps that's play movies (not Netflix.....) and you want to cast the screen to the tv with a chromecast, you can now do it..
    Before the update it did not work....

even if......'some apps'.....seem to have implemented a need for 'MX Palyer' on newer titles?

Advertisement