Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've a different phone but I use web video caster and it works OK. It works with the first one of those apps too but I haven't tried the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Keith186 wrote: »
    I've a different phone but I use web video caster and it works OK. It works with the first one of those apps too but I haven't tried the second one.

Turned off again would not power up only if it's connected to charger on its way back to Italy .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 brooklopz

I feel interest for Zenfone2, especially the 4GB RAM, really curious about its performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭droidman123

brooklopz wrote: »
    I feel interest for Zenfone2, especially the 4GB RAM, really curious about its performance.

I have had it about 4 days now, no problems with performance at all,very smooth and zippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

i have a strange issue

It wont connect to 3g or data allowance when i'm outside of range with wifi.

i tried refreshing to see some emails that arrived on my iPad but didn't on the zenfone. so tried some whats app messages. they wouldn't deliver, but delivered when i came back into wifi..

My micro sim in is sim 1, connected to Vodafone

go to settings- cellular network -clicked data enabled
    preferred network type : 2g/3g/4g
    Data roaming: Sim 1 on

any ideas?

• Advertisement

I was up the North today and my sim would not connect to any carriers automatically. My replacement is coming this thursday, An absolute mare dealing in Italian any tips as I still have not got my case?

Sorry OP I don't know about the sim issue try ringing your carrier.

Hootanany wrote: »
    I was up the North today and my sim would not connect to any carriers automatically. My replacement is coming this thursday, An absolute mare dealing in Italian any tips as I still have not got my case?

I removed the sim, put it back in my Nexus and it worked fine,so it's not the sim...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

i have a strange issue

It wont connect to 3g or data allowance when i'm outside of range with wifi.

i tried refreshing to see some emails that arrived on my iPad but didn't on the zenfone. so tried some whats app messages. they wouldn't deliver, but delivered when i came back into wifi..

My micro sim in is sim 1, connected to Vodafone

go to settings- cellular network -clicked data enabled
    preferred network type : 2g/3g/4g
    Data roaming: Sim 1 on

any ideas?

Have you manually added the APN?

Have you manually added the APN?

No where is that located?

Heard that one before, doesn't seem to be too common but it's not a unique issue either. How'd you send it back? Need to arrange mine asap.

• Advertisement

No where is that located?

Settings>More>MobileNetworks>Access Point Names

Add the vodafone one and save it (menu icon in top right, save).

Can't post links, just google 'vodafone apn', the first link should be a device guide for the htc one v (similar process).

It won't connect to any network without adding the APN. It seems to make sense since you didn't buy your device from a network so how would it know where to connect to? Then again, I've no idea if this is standard for non network phones, but it works.

Sorry for spamming the thread ;) Replacement came yesterday and works perfectly. Very happy with the phone, havent used it much today but I'm on 68% after charging it yesterday morning. Definetely not something I'd be able to say about the M7. Noticed that the replacement was manufactured 2 devices before the previous one and within the same batch so the whole vibrate thing does seem to be isolated.

It won't connect to any network without adding the APN. It seems to make sense since you didn't buy your device from a network so how would it know where to connect to? Then again, I've no idea if this is standard for non network phones, but it works.

How come it has not happened to anyone else?
    I've always had contract free fines and this is the first I've heard of this..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've had to do it a few times over the years.

Try settings for your network from the link below.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

I had to add my APN for 3, its fairly straightforward and once you do that you should be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Anyone having issues receiving calls/texts. I seem to lose network coverage for hours. Sometimes it takes up to 12 hours to received a missed call notification or text. I'm on 3 btw. May have to yet another SIM. This one did go through the washing machine.

Adding in apn worked.thanks for the help

Heard that one before, doesn't seem to be too common but it's not a unique issue either. How'd you send it back? Need to arrange mine asap.

Mine's coming tomorrow so I have not sent it back yet, can you tell me more about the build batch and where to check it?

Mine's coming tomorrow so I have not sent it back yet, can you tell me more about the build batch and where to check it?

Go to settings,then scroll all rhe way down to "about " click on that,then at the very end of the list you will see software,this will give you all the info you want about build etc

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote:

There's a number printed on the simcard tray, I found the correlation between them.

Booked the return via Parcel2Go, a whopping EUR57.67 (Nightline Express saver + Insurance). Somehow at that price it still takes up to two weeks delivery but amazon recommended insured so hopefully that all works out. Sent on the invoice to Amazon and they've already initiated the full refund.

Booked the return via Parcel2Go, a whopping EUR57.67 (Nightline Express saver + Insurance). Somehow at that price it still takes up to two weeks delivery but amazon recommended insured so hopefully that all works out. Sent on the invoice to Amazon and they've already initiated the full refund.

Jeebus:eek:

Did anyone who cancelled from the asus store hear anything back yet about a refund? I emailed them twice in the last 3 days and havnt had a reply yet

Did anyone who cancelled from the asus store hear anything back yet about a refund? I emailed them twice in the last 3 days and havnt had a reply yet

I got an email saying the order number I quoted was for Asus UK. I emailed back yesterday morning with the invoice email showing it was from Asus France but have not got a reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

just to confirm that Gearbeast definitely do not have any European models and ive been offered a refund which ill have to take and means im €53 out of pocket having had to pay customs fees which they ar ehighly unlikely to refund.

VALUABLE LESSON LEARNED:confused:

I got an email saying the order number I quoted was for Asus UK. I emailed back yesterday morning with the invoice email showing it was from Asus France but have not got a reply yet.

might be time to contact paypal

might be time to contact paypal

Sent them another email this morning. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll contact paypal

Sent them another email this morning. If I don't hear back by tomorrow I'll contact paypal

Just recieved this email from asus so hopefully it will be sorted.

Dear customer,

We thank you for reaching ASUS Online Store.

Please take note that each time you cancel an order you have to contact our services.

After reading your email, we would like to confirm you that we informed the finance team on this matter.

We thank you for your patience and we wish you a good day.

Best regards,

Alexandra Vasile

ASUS Shop

• Advertisement

Just recieved this email from asus so hopefully it will be sorted.

Dear customer,

We thank you for reaching ASUS Online Store.

Please take note that each time you cancel an order you have to contact our services.

After reading your email, we would like to confirm you that we informed the finance team on this matter.

We thank you for your patience and we wish you a good day.

Best regards,

Alexandra Vasile

ASUS Shop

Got the same email. You'd think pressing the cancel order would be enough

Advertisement