Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC and Valve headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

That dude is the coolest dev ever. Its quite rate you get a developer thats so transparent and engaging with their users.

This dude mounted the Vive controller to a real gun!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Shred wrote: »
    I've been loving H3VR over the past few days (I should never have doubted you Bambi!). It was a little awkward to figure out how to load/change firing modes on each weapon but once I sorted that out it's been brilliant (spare clips on the belt ftw).

Tell me you're turning the belt points into spawns for your clip.

Some of the last few menu changes he's put in have done my head in, I keep exiting the area when I'm trying to teleport

But yes, this guy is some dev for one dev. That noise those droids make when they power up scared the crap outta me.

Still shows a problem in VR..once you start moving at speed the chaperone won'nt save you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Droids? H3VR has droids now? I thought it was essentially a shooting range?

Zillah wrote: »
    Droids? H3VR has droids now? I thought it was essentially a shooting range?

There's an area that's has a few of these weird droid things that look like refugees from robot wars, they activate when you get close to them and start rumbling towards you firing bursts of slow laser bolt things

They're actually a pain in the ass to kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Bambi wrote: »
    There's an area that's has a few of these weird droid things that look like refugees from robot wars, they activate when you get close to them and start rumbling towards you firing bursts of slow laser bolt things

They're actually a pain in the ass to kill

So.. they're not the droids we're looking for then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Shred

Bambi wrote: »
    Tell me you're turning the belt points into spawns for your clip.

That I am sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Elite Dangerous: Arena now free on Steam until July 11th and remains in your account thereafter

I just played about 30 minutes of Raw Data there, it's pretty impressive stuff. When I first loaded it up and saw my robotic hands in front of me my jaw was most certainly agape. The reload system works quite well for the pace of the game and taking cover while shooting at various enemies was very cool. I just got to try the Katana in the training mission so I'm looking forward to giving it a proper go. 20% off atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shred wrote: »
    I just played about 30 minutes of Raw Data there, it's pretty impressive stuff. When I first loaded it up and saw my robotic hands in front of me my jaw was most certainly agape. The reload system works quite well for the pace of the game and taking cover while shooting at various enemies was very cool. I just got to try the Katana in the training mission so I'm looking forward to giving it a proper go. 20% off atm.
    It looks really awesome but I am not mad on paying €30 for early access titles.

The same reason I haven't picked up Hover junkers.

• Advertisement

Yeah I wasn't planning on buying it but once it was there I couldn't resist :o

It looks very cool but I've gone very stingy about paying for early access after splurging on so much early access content for the vive

I don't think a lot of the early access stuff is going to progress beyond the initial "this is cool" experience of the beta.

Yeah you might be right, but I'm newer to the Vive than most of yous so I'm still at that everything is awesome phase I suppose.

Leap Motion for €40 if you you want to attach it to your headset there is a vr mount version for €50

http://store-eur.leapmotion.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Skerries wrote: »
    Leap Motion for €40 if you you want to attach it to your headset there is a version for €50

http://store-eur.leapmotion.com/

Is there any games/experiences that use this yet?

The mannequin head came today! Luckily it already has a hole on the base for use with the clamp.

KBcoTRM.jpg

yD5SMyB.jpg

wZysB0P.jpg

Some day I hope to have a proper VR headset for it to mind!

The only con is that if you scrape it with your finger a tiny layer of black residue comes off from the paint.

It's basically a white one paint painted black so the white ones don't have this issue.

Also the clamp is essential as the weight of the headset will make the head tip over as it's so light.

Still though, probably the coolest and best stand you can get for under 10 quid.

Funnily enough just as I was about to post it in the Virtual Reality Facebook group , some guy posted a more elegant solution just before me!

It's called the Cybust and can stand on your desk without a clamp that costs €80.

BqhZzSZ.jpg

http://cybust.com

For anyone who might not know, there's a 12 minute live Mr Robot VR event happening in about 40 minutes via 'Within':

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/20/12229300/mr-robot-within-virtual-reality-experience-simulcast-comic-con

just watched it there, anyone else having sound problems when looking directly at them?

• Advertisement

No sound problems but it must have buffered 10 times which ruined any immersion to say the least. Interesting all the same and something I'd like to see more of; it did say afterwards to come back on July 25th.

yeah loads of buffering for me as well

Was grand on my phone! :p

Was able to download it earlier today in advance but it wasn't unlocked til 6:45 pm.

Yeah in retrospect I should have downloaded it first, it'll be available again sometime next week (July 25th I assume).

Anyone else trying the Dota 2 specator hub thingy? I have'nt the first notion about dota but its pretty awesome

If they had a playable model based on this for something like warcraft it would go off the chart again I think

I got around to playing Raw Data last night. Holy shit if throwing an energy sword like a boomerang at killbots and hurling them about with telekinetic powers isn't some of the best fun I've ever had in a game.

I saw HTC recently made accessories available for sale, albeit with extortionate delivery charges. I'd previously been thinking about buying replacement face cushions but until I looked at the site I didn't realise that the two boxed with the headset are different and that the wide one is fitted OOTB. So I tried the narrow one and found it makes a big difference; the headset fits my head more snuggly and doesn't move about which overall means the image is much sharper in peripheral areas. Plus there's far less light getting in too.

if they could release an even narrower one would be great as when I use it without the cushion it works much better for me

I want one with bigger cushions along the cheeks. If I keep the Vive tight on my face there's too much pressure on my brow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

See the price has gone up in the UK because of Brexit.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-htc-vive-just-got-more-expensive-in-the-uk/

Advertisement