Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We love you Gary Glitter" - What the actual Fúck ???

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Anyone remember those weird female boy George fans who dressed up like boy George, found them a bit creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

When Michael Jackson died 50 fans around the world committed suicide.
    And 5 months later so did the father who accused him of molestation.

The guy was secretly a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Is this a daily mail newspaper ? As that's what this thread reads like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Roquentin wrote: »
    the people who do the investigating should be investigated also, just to err on the side of caution

well if you're gonna do that then clearly we should also be investigating those who investigate the people who investigate... just to be sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Is this a daily mail newspaper ? As that's what this thread reads like.

Yes. Yes it is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

ALiasEX wrote: »
    No smoke without fire.

ah i see i thought you were referring to the glitter fans but you are talking about Michael Jackson.

I personally feel that he is probably guilty not just because of a 'strange way of justifying' himself but because of a number of things he was accused more than once, he settled out of court more than once i believe, his eccentricity boarders on insane, he saw nothing wrong with hanging his child out of the window, he had addictions to plastic surgery and obsession with appearance and didn't seem to be able to make a close meaningful intimate connection with an adult woman or man. also when i have seen him in interviews, he does have a strange way of justifying himself (which you are correct does not mean he is a paedophile) however it does show that he has a messed up way of changing a situation in his mind to suit himself and therefore possibly mentally dissociate from guilt or justify his own right and wrongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I think this is because fame is a very powerful aphrodisiac for some women

FYP. ;) An important thing to clear up!

Good post overall, though what's the relevance of yer one being an architect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

I'm a big fan of record producer Phil Spector, he's in prison for second degree murder, as well as having a tendency towards the volatile (read: crazed) down through the years. Doesn't change my opinion on his genius body of work.

I wouldn't have been shouting "I love you Phil" outside the courthouse though; most people wouldn't. But there's always a cohort of deluded idiots, that's the case here. Fair bit of a stretch to suspect them of child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

While we are at it will we do a similar search on all such property belonging to fans of Roman Polanski? He has had plenty of public support from figures such as Martin Scorsese, David Lynch and Michael Mann, I assume that makes them suspected child abuse supporters too?

Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I don't think you should investigate the supporters however by going to the court and wishing him well they are supporting child abuse.

It's not a concert outside the court and there should be actions taken to stop them getting near the court as it's disrespectful to the victims.

The fans can listen to the music and watch it on the telly and have a party in their own home if they want to as long but showing public support for this guy is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

It must be upsetting for the victims who see it, for sure. I'd say the dopes doing it have themselves convinced Gadd is innocent though.
    Deify someone sufficiently and they can do no wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Gary Glitter's music I am totally unfamiliar with. He may or may not be a good musician or singer but the story is can we separate the man and his music. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable listening to him or Rolf Harris or Cliff Richard should he be the next to be revealed as a sex offender.

What I found most strange with Cliff was that he was mega rich and did not ever get married (he had 2 girlfriends and he ended the relationship with both himself) and he does not show any signs of being gay either. A man of his wealth and fame could have any woman or man he wanted depending on what his sexual orientation was. Most rich singers are either womanisers who marry loads of times or else are gay. The living king of rock 'n' roll in particular should be married 10 times and then come out as bisexual as well!!

I always got the feeling there's something very deep about Cliff. There's a lot more to him than we see.

Advertisement