Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We love you Gary Glitter" - What the actual Fúck ???

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

Roquentin wrote: »
    "Ted Bundy's On Trial In Florida for killing 24 women - the courtroom is filled with women trying to meet him and give him love letters and wedding proposals. I'm sorry to say that the first thing I thought when I read that was "And I'm not getting laid! What am I doing wrong?" So I read another article in the paper: "Woman is suing the state of Wisconsin." Why would anyone sue the state of Wisconsin? Well, she married a fella on death row. Why's he on death row? He killed 8 women. [No, there's more] He has aids, she married him and is suing the state for the rights of CONJUGAL VISITS. Now I'm sorry to say the first thing that crossed my mind when I read that was "And I'm not getting laid!" Hey, what exactly are you ladies looking for here? These guys must have been heavy on that sense of humor thing you seem to love so much in your little ladies polls. "Ted Bundy that old whip! He's hilarious! Something of the things Ted would do, he kills me! Oh what a sense of humor he had. I overlooked the mass murder thing 'cause he kept me in stitches!"

---Bill Hicks

There are Ted Bundy forums where women post their undying love for the monster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

There are Ted Bundy forums where women post their undying love for the monster.

the same with the guy who killed the teacher in england. some women found it a turn on.....peculiar world we live in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

Heil Hitler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Well look ...

What the man did was wrong. No question about it.
    But - back in the day - his music was great and most teenagers
    at the time loved it. Older people now remember their youth and that time
    too when there was some really great music around. For such people, those
    were what you call - "The Good Ol Days" ... Glitter contributed to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

What I don't understand is a lot of other 70s rockstars had 13 and 14 year old girlfriends and groupies and yet are still respected members of the pop establishment.

That's not an attempt to condone Glitters evil but I can't understand why others seem to escape similiar. Was it that there was a faint notion of consent or something?

• Advertisement

What I don't understand is a lot of other 70s rockstars had 13 and 14 year old girlfriends and groupies and yet are still respected members of the pop establishment.

That's not an attempt to condone Glitters evil but I can't understand why others seem to escape similiar. Was it that there was a faint notion of consent or something?

true. the lead singer of led zeppelin had 14 year old girlfriend and he escapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Then again look at all the love letters Charles Manson receives in prison and from young women too. Strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Nearly there..
    true. the lead singer of led zeppelin had 14 year old girlfriend and he escapes.

It was not the singer,,

Other big 70's bands were at it as well,, " je suis un rockstar "

satguy wrote: »
    Nearly there..

It was not the singer,,

Other big 70's bands were at it as well,, " je suis un rockstar "

Cost Bill Wyman a million quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

orestes wrote: »
    Yes, and all Mike Tyson fans are rapists.

I actually very much doubt that Tyson raped that woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

mikeym wrote: »
    You can also get Gary Glitter songs on itunes :mad:

You mean paedophi-tunes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

Look at the people singing Putin's praises only on another thread on this forum - if people put someone on a pedestal sufficiently enough, it's amazing how easily and happily they can slip into doublethink.
    These people are likely moreso in denial about Gadd's convictions rather than being in support of child abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Sure, there were people who went out of their way to threaten death on anyone who believed, and still believe the allegations made against Michael Jackson. So........

My whole point. These types of people should be removed from society.

They're obviously fúcked up in the head and a danger to society.

Lapin wrote: »

a purge stalin style is a bit too far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

mg1982 wrote: »
    Then again look at all the love letters Charles Manson receives in prison and from young women too. Strange indeed.

Manson was engaged to a woman in her 20s up until a couple of weeks ago. He broke it off because he found out she was marrying him so she would have legal posession of his corpse after he died.
    ROAAAR wrote: »
    I actually very much doubt that Tyson raped that woman.

So do I, but that wasn't really the point.

Yeah, and lets lock up everybody else that you don't like aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Jimmy Page, guitarist.

Stojkovic wrote: »
    Jimmy Page, guitarist.

my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I love to know how much Glitter has made from What's the story morning glory? Noel nicked a bit of hello hello and had to give him (& his co writer) a song writing credit. Wikipedia (no pun intended) "As of 2015 it has sold approximately 22 million copies worldwide"

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Michael Jackson had a big support group and still huge, still referred to as the king of pop. I do believe with him there was no smoke without fire and he was accused of many things and settled out of court. You only have to watch that oprah or bashir interview with him to see that he was mental and had a strange way of justifying his unusual behaviour. Even maybe people excuse it because he wasn't convicted but Gary Glitter has been convicted.

I do think its wrong of people to support Gary Glitter. Im not sure about investigating each one but they clearly have their wires crossed somewhere. He reoffended after being caught and obviously doesn't think he has done anything wrong. Anyone ever see that creepy clip on youtube of him on "this is your life"??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2p8_4pqTI

Anyway I understand that people like the songs, but to go and offer your support to him outside the court is very bad taste. By supporting him, those people are sending a message that if you are celebrity that no matter what you do, you still have people behind you. People actually taking their time to go out and wish a convicted paedophile well is sick and may give other paedophiles a sense of what they are doing is ok or acceptable.
    Somoeone with a "strange way of justifying his unusual behaviour" does not make someone a pedophile or a child molestor.

It does make them an easier target though.

Just watching the scenes outside the court as that raping nonce monster
    Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter gets sent down for 16 years.

There are actually a crowd of supporters wishing the bastard well, waving their 1980s Glitter annuals and albums and singing his songs.

What a shower of cúnts.

They should all be investigated for pedophelia.

And Gadd should have his bollox cut off.

Christmas concert on the nonce wing at Wandsworth will be good this year though, Gary Glitter, Rolf Harris and things not looking good for Cliff Richards either. All star cast. Max Clifford can organise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭DeadHand

They should all be investigated for pedophelia

Practically speaking a blanket, mass investigation of a crowd of idiots who probably aren't pedophiles for pedophilia by association will consume police time and resources that could better be used to detect and stop, you know, actual pedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I'm delighted to see Gillian Taylforth back in Eastenders. Doesn't mean I condone her driving while drunk, let alone it be something I would therefore do myself. Strange that anyone would suggest being a fan of someone is indicative of that person also supporting and condoning that person's crimes, or in fact, also highly likely of having committed the very same crimes themselves. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I'm delighted to see Gillian Taylforth back in Eastenders. Doesn't mean I condone her driving while drunk, let alone it be something I would therefore do myself. Strange that anyone would suggest being a fan of someone is indicative of that person also supporting and condoning that person's crimes, or in fact, also highly likely of having committed the very same crimes themselves. Bizarre.
    separate the art from the music...i like wagner's music...the man was a beast ..so was Handel actually he threatened to throw a singer out of a window

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Oh noes! I just listened to a song by a convicted murderer, I'll have to take myself down the copshop straight away to be investigated for murder :rolleyes:

Glitter, Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile all seem to be conmen who invented eccentric personas to cover themselves.

I find the female hysteria towards pop stars etc, bizarre, its similar with religion. Even Padre Pio had groupies.

Look at the mass hysteria of Glitters fans. Almost like they are in a trance. No wonder someone like Charles Manson or other cults could manipulate them to do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAYBsWcLuM

I suppose some teenage groupies who threw themselves a pop stars are now 55 years old granny's, totally different people and feel they were abused.

On stage was a popstar exalting obvious sexuality to thousands of hysterical teenage girls(where were their parents ?), it was only going to go end one way, remember it was the 70s, such things were the norm back then.

My sister once asked to go on Top of the Pops, my oldman said no way, it was obvious what went on, even on tv presenters openly had their arms all over teenage girls.

Check this out Jimmy Savile and Glitter together. Blatant. Glitters comments "I get two, " Savile replies, "I shouldn't be giving them away for free".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Hx7Q2oC5U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I find the female hysteria towards pop stars etc, bizarre, its similar with religion.

You and me both, brutha! I've always been baffled by this behaviour from my fellow XXers. It goes beyond religious to almost cultish. Sense stops prevailing. I find it so toe-curlingly embarrassing. Was watching an old Graham Norton episode the other day featuring Zac Efron and the shrieking from the audience was cringeworthy, not to mention annoying. :mad:

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    You and me both, brutha! I've always been baffled by this behaviour from my fellow XXers. It goes beyond religious to almost cultish. Sense stops prevailing. I find it so toe-curlingly embarrassing. Was watching an old Graham Norton episode the other day featuring Zac Efron and the shrieking from the audience was cringeworthy, not to mention annoying. :mad:

Well according to Sigmund Freud females on average identify more with the irrational side of the mind, feelings, emotions etc. Hence the interest in astrology, and all that kind of stuff.

I mean you dont get males writing to female nut jobs in prison do you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

the_monkey wrote: »
    Frightening post really.

This world is so f*cking over paranoid about child abuse, seems anyone who even looks at a kid now a days is a pervert, like some earlier poster says, it's pure hero worship - these people probably really think it's some kind of witch hunt and that he really didn't do wrong - deluded yes, but to have there rights taken away like that ???

What you have suggested would appear in a 1984 adaptation ffs.

I don't get it.
    I can separate the artist from the art no problem. There's tons of examples of fairly disgusting people turning out great works of art from movies to literature to music. I've no problem with liking the music even if the musician is a scumbag - but demonstrating outside a court, clapping a cheering a recidivist paedophile? That's not just questionable it's fúcking disgusting and certainly raises questions as to what they might be like themselves if you ask me. I'm with lapin on this one - fúck their right to privacy - they've given due cause to have it curtailed.

Advertisement