Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We love you Gary Glitter" - What the actual Fúck ???

Options
  • 27-02-2015 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching the scenes outside the court as that raping nonce monster
    Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter gets sent down for 16 years.

There are actually a crowd of supporters wishing the bastard well, waving their 1980s Glitter annuals and albums and singing his songs.

What a shower of cúnts.

They should all be investigated for pedophelia.

And Gadd should have his bollox cut off.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

They all wanna be in his gang being a leader & all

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

These are the people sane people call mentally retarded.

There are followers for all sorts even serial killers and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Lapin wrote: »
    They should all be investigated for pedophelia.

Yes, and all Mike Tyson fans are rapists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

orestes wrote: »

How can you be a fan of someone who rapes eight year old children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Exactly,

They are just idiots, not criminals.

• Advertisement

I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

When I was a kid growing up in the 70's I had a Gary Glitter picture on my wall not knowing that my picture was probably on his wall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Never underestimate the blind stupidity of the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

They probably think he's innocent or not to blame. Idiots who hero worship someone to that extent will find any rationality they can to explain away evil deeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

I wonder if any of them have ever been abused / raped as children.

Would never wish it on my worst enemy, but to these muppets, just feel the pain of that and the effect it has on your life, and then go and support him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I once liked a Gary Glitter tune as a kid.

I'll hand myself in.

Exactly,

They are just idiots, not criminals.

People are entitled to their own stupidity.

But anyone who proclaims public support for child rapists is suspect in my opinion, and merits a thorough investigation for the protection of society in general.

A complete search of their properties, phone records, computer hard drives and who they associate with is well in order here.

Shower of creeps.

anncoates wrote: »
    I once liked a Gary Glitter tune as a kid.

I'll hand myself in.

Anncoates, that comment is utterly ridiculous and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

sick fcuk should never see the light of day again................and as for his supporters - assh*les

Anncoates, that comment is utterly ridiculous and you know it.

Investigating those morons for pedophilia is equally ridiculous, if you're serious.

They're just morons. They'd be supporting him no matter what the crime was.

Talk about using a totally unrelated case involving a very different situation to make a point that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

anncoates wrote: »
    Investigating those morons for pedophilia is equally ridiculous, if you're serious.

They're just morons. They'd be supporting him no matter what the crime was.

Would you trust people like them around your kids?

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31657929

"Sallie Bennett-Jenkins QC, defending, told the court that Gadd had been subject to a "very high degree of vilification" and "demonification" in the press after being jailed in Vietnam in 2006 for molesting two girls aged 11 and 12.

She said he had led "an increasingly isolated life" for the last decade and had been unable to walk down the street "without being the subject of vilification"."

My heart bleeds for him.

Seriously, I know we're all entitled to a defence and all that, but hate that sh1te.

Talk about using a totally unrelated case involving a very different situation to make a point that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

How is it different?

If Gary Glitter supporters should be investigated for being pedophiles, surely Mike Tyson fans should be investigated for being rapists, no?

Or is it different just because your sense of moral outrage says so?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But anyone who proclaims public support for child rapists is suspect in my opinion, and merits a thorough investigation for the protection of society in general.

A complete search of their properties, phone records, computer hard drives and who they associate with is well in order here.

Shower of creeps.

I hope glitter rots in a cell and has nasty things happen to him but your post is idiotic to the extreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

They are fans of the guy, its amazing what people forgive. They probably would look at someone in a similar situation like Savile, priest etc and condemn them but they love Glitter so they can find excuses. I've seen it myself, ah sure he wasn't aware of what he was doing, he didn't mean any harm, he's sick yada yada yada. When you have an emotional connection with someone you will overlook some of the most disgusting behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lapin jumps the shark - finally. The world is full of people who support and sympathise with dreadful people. This crowd are no worse or better than the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

He's the man who puts the gang in bang.

eviltwin wrote: »
    They are fans of the guy, its amazing what people forgive. They probably would look at someone in a similar situation like Savile, priest etc and condemn them but they love Glitter so they can find excuses. I've seen it myself, ah sure he wasn't aware of what he was doing, he didn't mean any harm, he's sick yada yada yada. When you have an emotional connection with someone you will overlook some of the most disgusting behaviour.

I'm somewhere in the middle.

I see completely where you are coming from. But at the same time, know that if anyone ever felt anything good towards the scum who raped and abused me as a child, or excused them in any way, even if cos of an emotional connection of some sort, I would definitely be in two minds about letting them near my kids knowing that.

And because of that I'd find it hard to thing that way in that personal situation and not think similarly towards towards people who excuse / like high-profile scum who've done something similar.

I think each of our own experiences of life will obviously highly influence our thoughts on this.

Although on thinking about it, I don't think the not being sure about letting them near my kids would be so much about what they might 'do' to them, more about the type of person they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Lapin jumps the shark - finally. The world is full of people who support and sympathise with dreadful people. This crowd are no worse or better than the rest of them.

I don't know any of them. They sound like blind fan types. The focus is Glitter, not a defacto support of child molesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Shower of creeps.

While we are at it will we do a similar search on all such property belonging to fans of Roman Polanski? He has had plenty of public support from figures such as Martin Scorsese, David Lynch and Michael Mann, I assume that makes them suspected child abuse supporters too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Michael Jackson had a big support group and still huge, still referred to as the king of pop. I do believe with him there was no smoke without fire and he was accused of many things and settled out of court. You only have to watch that oprah or bashir interview with him to see that he was mental and had a strange way of justifying his unusual behaviour. Even maybe people excuse it because he wasn't convicted but Gary Glitter has been convicted.

I do think its wrong of people to support Gary Glitter. Im not sure about investigating each one but they clearly have their wires crossed somewhere. He reoffended after being caught and obviously doesn't think he has done anything wrong. Anyone ever see that creepy clip on youtube of him on "this is your life"??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2p8_4pqTI

Anyway I understand that people like the songs, but to go and offer your support to him outside the court is very bad taste. By supporting him, those people are sending a message that if you are celebrity that no matter what you do, you still have people behind you. People actually taking their time to go out and wish a convicted paedophile well is sick and may give other paedophiles a sense of what they are doing is ok or acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

While we are at it will we do a similar search on all such property belonging to fans of Roman Polanski? He has had plenty of public support from figures such as Martin Scorsese, David Lynch and Michael Mann, I assume that makes them suspected child abuse supporters too?

I was just about to say, half of Hollywood had their arms up in support of Polanski.

Hell, I'd even go as far as saying he's a creepy **** who should face charges for what he did, but there's no denying he makes a damn good movie. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Chinatown or The Pianist, or that The Ninth Gate is a seriously underrated gem and one of Johnny Depp's best roles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Glitter deserves to be hung.

Simple as that.

Advertisement