Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We love you Gary Glitter" - What the actual Fúck ???

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Never underestimate the blind stupidity of the general public.

Yes, yes, the general public are too stupid and make too much to make mistakes pick me as your leader of fascist state. I promise to crush the weak, needy & stupid, & the brave, healthy, intelligent & strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    You and me both, brutha! I've always been baffled by this behaviour from my fellow XXers. It goes beyond religious to almost cultish. Sense stops prevailing. I find it so toe-curlingly embarrassing. Was watching an old Graham Norton episode the other day featuring Zac Efron and the shrieking from the audience was cringeworthy, not to mention annoying. :mad:
    Amateurs.

'More than 120 people required medical attention, said Alicia Garcia, head of the Red Cross team at the stadium.
    "It was especially bad in front of the stage. They were falling like flies there," she told the Santiago daily La Epoca'

Fans faint like flies at Jackson's concert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭bmc58

Lapin wrote: »
    Just watching the scenes outside the court as that raping nonce monster
    Paul Gadd AKA Gary Glitter gets sentarrow-10x10.png down for 16 years.

There are actually a crowdarrow-10x10.png of supporters wishing the bastard well, waving their 1980s Glitter annuals and albums and singing his songs.

What a shower of cúnts.

They should all be investigated for pedophelia.

And Gadd should have his bollox cut off.
    While I agree totally with your views on Gadd,your language is a bit explicid for my liking.
    I thought bad language was not allowed on Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

ALiasEX wrote: »
    Somoeone with a "strange way of justifying his unusual behaviour" does not make someone a pedophile or a child molestor.

It does make them an easier target though.

Not sure from my post where you got that i said that from! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oh noes! I just listened to a song by a convicted murderer, I'll have to take myself down the copshop straight away to be investigated for murder :rolleyes:

Why would you have to do that? Listen to whatever music you want. I don't see what your post has to do with the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

With all the accusations against so called celebrities for underage sex, I always wondered how Bill Wymen got away with it. Mandy Smith by her own admission was only 14 when she slept with him. As far as I'm aware when you're dealing with underage stuff the police don't need to receive a complaint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

emeldc wrote: »
    With all the accusations against so called celebrities for underage sex, I always wondered how Bill Wymen got away with it. Mandy Smith by her own admission was only 14 when she slept with him. As far as I'm aware when you're dealing with underage stuff the police don't need to receive a complaint.

hes got away with in that he hasnt gone to prison or been put on the sex offenders register. we know what he did, we just turn a blind eye to rock geniuses. bit hypocritical to say the least

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Not sure from my post where you got that i said that from! :confused:
    No smoke without fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭cruasder777

emeldc wrote: »

her mother brokered a deal where she got paid off. he also married her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Roquentin wrote: »
    hes got away with in that he hasnt gone to prison or been put on the sex offenders register. we know what he did, we just turn a blind eye to rock geniuses. bit hypocritical to say the least

Rock geniuses? He was the bass player in the Rolling Stones. THE BASS PLAYER.

Birneybau wrote: »

he made a few decent records solo. this one seems to be all about pulling young birds, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYHZUlf_z6o

being in the rolling stones automatically elevates you to "rock genius" status regardless of whether you were mick jagger or the the guy who swept the floor after concerts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Why would you have to do that? Listen to whatever music you want. I don't see what your post has to do with the topic.

Just using your logic. If all Glitter fans should be investigated for paedophilia then all Burzum fans should be investigated for murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    You and me both, brutha! I've always been baffled by this behaviour from my fellow XXers. It goes beyond religious to almost cultish. Sense stops prevailing. I find it so toe-curlingly embarrassing. Was watching an old Graham Norton episode the other day featuring Zac Efron and the shrieking from the audience was cringeworthy, not to mention annoying. :mad:

I'm a year older than Ronan Keating and we shared the same large group of friends for around eight or nine months just before he got famous, Ed Byrne also as it goes (nice guy, little too obsessed with Prince) and Keating was pretty much invisible to girls. He showed interest in one or two girls that I knew very well and they had no interest. Within 12 months those same girls were almost camping out in his estate waiting for a glimpse of him. Often witnessed him getting out of taxis on the main street those first two years of his fame only to be mobbed by gangs of screaming girls who the year before had no interest in his advances.

Not that it's confined to age mind, Spandau Ballet are playing the Point tonight and I'm pretty sure there'll be many screaming 40+'ers for Kemp and Co outside whichever Hotel they are staying at. I think I might don my best 80's clobber and head down.

As for the phenomena of there being no shortage of female attention for murderers, I think this is because fame is a very powerful aphrodisiac for women and 'bad boys' have always got more attention than 'nice guys' (when it comes to sexual lust at least). Always felt that Lorri Davis (an architect at the time) falling in love with Damien Echols when he was in prison was a little odd. I'm fully aware that she was convinced he had nothing to do with the murders of those young boys, most people didn't, hence Paradise Lost but my own personal opinion is that if it had turned out he did, I think she would have still most likely went on to marry him. My reasoning for that is because whenever I saw her early interviews she talked about not being able to stop thinking about Damien after she saw him. I just never got the impression his potential innocence was all that great of a factor and in any case, that first docu really didn't show that Echols was innocent, it just raised doubts about the strength of the conviction. In fact it ends with his best mate (also in prison) doubting if Echols was involved or not and so I'm calling hybristophilia on it. Could very well be way off the mark though as they're still together and so she would most likely have been on her heels if I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

eviltwin wrote: »
    They probably think he's innocent or not to blame. Idiots who hero worship someone to that extent will find any rationality they can to explain away evil deeds.

Yup, never underestimate the amount of mental acrobatics fans of someone will do to justify their obsession. Twitter goes crazy every time Justin Beiber acts the prick.
    Anyone remember all the gob****es defending one of the Boston bombers because he had a pretty face?

most people believe in the divine. napoleon once said his greatest discovery was in how soldiers were prepared to die for ribbons. people will invariably follow things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah, and that Paul McCartney guy too, the chancer.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

the_monkey wrote: »
    In fairness Polanski slept with a 14 year old girl (not condoning this!!!) , big difference really - Glitter was molesting pre pubescent girls - the essence of peadophilia really.

People defending that scumbag should be forced to read the actual court transcripts of what he did. He didn't 'sleep' with a 14yr old girl, he drugged and sodomised an absolutely terrified 14yr old girl.

Just using your logic. If all Glitter fans should be investigated for paedophilia then all Burzum fans should be investigated for murder.

all jack nicolson fans should be investigated for vanadalizing a car in a fit of violent road rage.

all heath ledger fans should be investigated for taking prescription drugs

• Advertisement

I'm a year older than Ronan Keating and we shared the same large group of friends for around eight or nine months just before he got famous, Ed Byrne also as it goes (nice guy, little too obsessed with Prince) and Keating was pretty much invisible to girls. He showed interest in one or two girls that I knew very well and they had no interest. Within 12 months those same girls were almost camping out in his estate waiting for a glimpse of him. Often witnessed him getting out of taxis on the main street those first two years of his fame only to be mobbed by gangs of screaming girls who the year before had no interest in his advances.

Not that it's confined to age mind, Spandau Ballet are playing the Point tonight and I'm pretty sure there'll be many screaming 40+'ers for Kemp and Co outside whichever Hotel they are staying at. I think I might don my best 80's clobber and head down.

As for the phenomena of there being no shortage of female attention for murderers, I think this is because fame is a very powerful aphrodisiac for women and 'bad boys' have always got more attention than 'nice guys' (when it comes to sexual lust at least). Always felt that Lorri Davis (an architect at the time) falling in love with Damien Echols when he was in prison was a little odd. I'm fully aware that she was convinced he had nothing to do with the murders of those young boys, most people didn't, hence Paradise Lost but my own personal opinion is that if it had turned out he did, I think she would have still most likely went on to marry him. My reasoning for that is because whenever I saw her early interviews she talked about not being able to stop thinking about Damien after she saw him. I just never got the impression his potential innocence was all that great of a factor and in any case, that first docu really didn't show that Echols was innocent, it just raised doubts about the strength of the conviction. In fact it ends with his best mate (also in prison) doubting if Echols was involved or not and so I'm calling hybristophilia on it. Could very well be way off the mark though as they're still together and so she would most likely have been on her heels if I was right.

Ted Bundy, the Yorkshire Ripper etc are slightly more then "bad boys".

Some women get off on very violent guys.

The fear and sexual parts of the brain are closely associated. If sexuality becomes associated with fear, via abuse or an overpowering dominant male figure at a young age, dysfunctional attraction/sexuality can be the result.

Good quote, show me a woman who has terrible relationships with males, I will show you a woman who had a poor relationship with her father.

All God worshippers should be investigated for mass killings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

That's a serious leap of understanding of what I actually said but you're not the only one.

I never said "all Glitter fans should be investigated for paedophilia".

I'm on about the people who travelled to his trial and showed their support for him outside the courthouse after he was found guilty of being a child rapist and sentenced to 16 years. I really believe there is something deeply suspect about anyone who can do something like that and be so public and unashamed of it.

It goes way beyond simply being an adoring fan.

Gadd sold millions of records and CDs during his music career. I'm not suggesting that those who bought his music should throw it all in the bin or that there is something dodgy about anyone who listens to him still. Why would anyone's taste in music change over something that has nothing to do with their preferences?

There is a world of difference between being a fan of someone's work and actively proclaiming your love for them despite the fact that they have just been sent down for some of the cruellest most hideous crimes possible.

I could have spent much of this thread batting off the many other insulting or smart arsed remarks thrown in my direction, but I'm not going to change my view on this one so to hell with what others think.

If you stand outside a courthouse offering support to a convicted multiple offending pedophile, you merit investigation yourself because there is something seriously screwed up with you.

It's got nothing to do with being a fan.

That's a serious leap of understanding of what I actually said but you're not the only one.

I never said "all Glitter fans should be investigated for paedophilia".

I'm on about the people who travelled to his trial and showed their support for him outside the courthouse after he was found guilty of being a child rapist and sentenced to 16 years. I really believe there is something deeply suspect about anyone who can do something like that and be so public and unashamed of it.

It goes way beyond simply being an adoring fan.

Gadd sold millions of records and CDs during his music career. I'm not suggesting that those who bought his music should throw it all in the bin or that there is something dodgy about anyone who listens to him still. Why would anyone's taste in music change over something that has nothing to do with their preferences?

There is a world of difference between being a fan of someone's work and actively proclaiming your love for them despite the fact that they have just been sent down for some of the cruellest most hideous crimes possible.

I could have spent much of this thread batting off the many other insulting or smart arsed remarks thrown in my direction, but I'm not going to change my view on this one so to hell with what others think.

Look at that sick fan who let the lead singer of the lost prophets abuse her infant daughter :mad:

He got 26 years. Should have got the rope.

There are even cases of sickos getting women they have never met to abuse kids on line, in the hope the guy may want to go out with them.

In one case it was a nursery nurse. Only caught because they traced the logo on her top.

Some of these sick fans would most likely have let Gadd abuse their kids too. You are dealing with insane people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

There are even cases of sickos getting women they have never met to abuse kids on line, in the hope the guy may want to go out with them.

In one case it was a nursery nurse. Only caught because they traced the logo on her top.

You seem to know a fair bit about this stuff. Almost...too much.

Maybe you should be investigated?

That was a big story about 4 yrs ago.

Maybe you should be.

When Michael Jackson died 50 fans around the world committed suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Maybe you should be.

Touche.

the people who do the investigating should be investigated also, just to err on the side of caution

• Advertisement

anyone who has a bank account should be investigated because we all know the banks launder money for illicit organizations.

Advertisement