Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Just taking the racing line!

Brilliant ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Yawns wrote: »
    You see it everywhere when there's 2 lanes entering a roundabout. The ****ers either fall into one of the following.

A) Can't decide what lane to be in so straddle both lanes entering.

B) Decide to drive as much as possible in the middle of the lanes thus effectively blocking both lanes.

C) Enter in left lane for say taking 2nd exit at 12 o'clock but decide to try make it in as straight a line as possible and cross from left lane to right lane before crossing again to take exit.

D) Left lane for taking say a 3rd exit at 3 o'clock position. Extra bonus points for indicator which of course makes them have right of way and you are wrong.

E) Exit lanes. Sure who needs to be in the right lane leaving a roundabout either. 2 lanes in becomes one lane out for most of these cnuts.

F) Free xmas dinner if they can manage all of the above.

D....heading south on N3 where it meets M3 the amount of clowns using left lane on roundabout to take 3rd exit at 3 o clock beggars belief.

What if someone was using the right lane to take 2nd exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Skipping the rip off M4 toll today. The white Merc should have stayed on the motorway...

The white van slowed from 80kph to less than 60kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Skipping the rip off M4 toll today. The white Merc should have stayed on the motorway...

The white van slowed from 80kph to less than 60kph.

No doubt the moron sped up again once he got passed the van!

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »
    No doubt the moron sped up again once he got passed the van!
    At least he guaranteed himself that he wouldn't get a nasty surprise in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Ginger83 wrote: »
    D....heading south on N3 where it meets M3 the amount of clowns using left lane on roundabout to take 3rd exit at 3 o clock beggars belief.

What if someone was using the right lane to take 2nd exit?

This! I know that junction drives me nuts. So many do it

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    This! I know that junction drives me nuts. So many do it

Yes or they take the left lane and cut into the inside lane on the roundabout.

Laziness or ignorance or just no idea how to use a roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

the left lane is the inside lane.... i know what you mean but .....just saying

Isambard wrote: »
    the left lane is the inside lane.... i know what you mean but .....just saying

Sorry i meant they use the left lane approaching roundabout, cut into right lane on roundabout, and then cut back into left lane at 3rd exit.

Another 1 is left lane approaching, right lane on roundabout and left lane on exit 2 straight ahead. Are they apexing the corners or am i missing something? Is there a particular reason for it?

Oh and no indicators :)

• Advertisement

You see it everywhere when there's 2 lanes entering a roundabout. The ****ers either fall into one of the following.

B) Decide to drive as much as possible in the middle of the lanes thus effectively blocking both lanes.

C) Enter in left lane for say taking 2nd exit at 12 o'clock but decide to try make it in as straight a line as possible and cross from left lane to right lane before crossing again to take exit.

D) Left lane for taking say a 3rd exit at 3 o'clock position. Extra bonus points for indicator which of course makes them have right of way and you are wrong.

E) Exit lanes. Sure who needs to be in the right lane leaving a roundabout either. 2 lanes in becomes one lane out for most of these cnuts.

Depending on the roundabout, I'd be understanding of lane straddling. Especially in Dublin.

There are too many inconsistencies with roundabouts and the sudden 'left/right' turn only lanes appearing, but you never realise it because they only have the arrow/writing on the road itself (which, of course, you can't see as there is traffic covering it).

A lot of people would be driving in unfamiliar territory in dublin. Lots of one-off visitors or people going up to buy, collect, drop things, or for work, visit airport, etc. unlike other places where 99% of the traffic is local and familiar with the roads.

Easily sorted with a load of new 'get in lane' signs around the city, though. I'm getting more and more familiar with Dublin each day, but I still hate the place, and still find myself playing the guessing game on certain roundabouts and junctions as i haven't a clue where the 'X turn only' lanes will suddenly appear from.

At least he guaranteed himself that he wouldn't get a nasty surprise in the post!

Do you mean that as in he slowed enough to avoid it or at least he knows for sure he's been nailed to the wall?

Do you mean that as in he slowed enough to avoid it or at least he knows for sure he's been nailed to the wall?
    The van, is certainly in the clear, don't know about the car that overtook a few seconds earlier.

The van, is certainly in the clear, don't know about the car that overtook a few seconds earlier.

Oh I thought you were referring to the car not the van. apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Chippy01

For some reason, every time I try to put up a vid on the Go Advanced tab to use the YouTube tab, the page just goes blank within 2 seconds and won't allow me to link it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

I think the car braked in plenty time,the speed van was visible a mile off.
    pity,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

Chippy01 wrote: »

Not making it an excuse but what speed were you going. Both of them left you for dust. Can you get a reg for undertake off raw video file ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Roundabouts are my biggest pet peeve when it comes to other road users. One of the scenarios I encounter most often is someone in the right hand lane taking a 12 o'clock exit. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not making it an excuse but what speed were you going. Both of them left you for dust. Can you get a reg for undertake off raw video file ?

I'd guess around 80-90 km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Technically not a dashcam. But still cool. Also obvioius when the car slows down while the engine's still pushing - or it's only really doing 60-80kph/

Chippy01 wrote: »
    For some reason, every time I try to put up a vid on the Go Advanced tab to use the YouTube tab, the page just goes blank within 2 seconds and won't allow me to link it properly.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Looks to me like they were racing, and the cam car was in the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dartz wrote: »

Technically not a dashcam. But still cool. Also obvioius when the car slows down while the engine's still pushing - or it's only really doing 60-80kph/

Don't want to break the illusion but...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%27%C3%A9tait_un_rendez-vous
    Shot in a single take, it is an example of cinéma-vérité. The length of the film was limited by the short capacity of the 1000 foot 35mm film reel, and filmed from a (supposedly) gyro-stabilised camera mounted on the bumper of a Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9. A photo has surfaced that seems to reveal an Eclair cam-flex 35mm camera with a wide angle lens, and a typical "speed rail" hard mount—no gyros—on a Mercedes. This model, which could reach a top speed of 235 km/h (146 mph), was only available with a three-speed automatic transmission, yet one can hear gear changes up into fifth, as well as heel-and-toe down-shifting with a high-revving engine indicating speeds of well over 200 km/h. Calculations made by several independent groups showed that the car never exceeded 140 km/h (85 mph).[1] Lelouch himself claimed that the top speed achieved was somewhere between 230 km/h and 240 km/h.[2] Lelouch claimed during a "making of" documentary that the soundtrack was dubbed with the sound of Lelouch's Ferrari 275GTB, which has a corresponding number of gears and a V-12 sound that is quite distinct from that of any V8, including the 6.9 litre V8 of the alleged Mercedes camera car.

It's still brilliant though!

Dartz wrote: »

Technically not a dashcam. But still cool. Also obvious when the car slows down while the engine's still pushing - or it's only really doing 60-80kph/
    Being so low to the ground the camera makes the car appear to be going really fast, but still it's going at least twice the speed of other traffic.
    Looking at the other vehicles there, that video is probably 1970s or thereabouts.

Edit: it says 1976 in the title...... :pac:
    I lost count of the red lights jumped. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Here's a small compilation of some of my own clips. Nothing too major :rolleyes:

nanook5 wrote: »

Here's a small compilation of some of my own clips. Nothing too major :rolleyes:

What's going on at 1:25? The swaying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

nanook5 wrote: »

Might be a little less frustrated if you stop accelerating/late breaking into people who pull out in front of you at roundabouts/overtakes. Some drivers are shït, and already know what they're doing is wrong, making your little points only annoys yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement