Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam thread (car videos only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

That's what happens when you use cruise control in the rain.

How do you know if they were using cruise control?
    You can still use cruise control on a motorway in poor conditions, but set to a lower speed, and pay attention to whats happening in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

K.Flyer wrote: »
    That's what happens when you use cruise control in the rain.

How do you know if they were using cruise control?
    You can still use cruise control on a motorway in poor conditions, but set to a lower speed, and pay attention to whats happening in front of you.

Not so sure. If you ever hit a large amount of water at speed your instant reaction is to come off the accelerator and let the car slow. Don’t hit the brakes. But with cruise control the car will try to keep the speed on and you now have less traction. The possibility of loosing control is higher.

Before anyone says but motorways shouldn’t have lots of surface water, your right but plenty of them do.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Damien360 wrote: »
    ... with cruise control the car will try to keep the speed on and you now have less traction. The possibility of loosing control is higher..

In one of my cars the cruise control automatically switches off immediately if ye hit a patch of water or whatever might cause a disturbance to the drive axle. Happened on the N4 just west of Coralstown where there's always a gathering of surface water with heavy rain. Took me a second to figure out what was happening but remember thinking that was a good safety feature!
    Not sure if it happens in my other car but it's 3yrs newer so I'd image it would.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I had heard before that on certain Lexus/Toyotas, cruise control could not be engaged is the windscreen wipers were in use!

Probably a load of baloney, anyone any experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Skoda pulls out on me at a bend. Was closer in real life.

First upload. Excuse the s**t dashcam quality :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

I think I found a nest here, two of them parked like idiots on a bend.

Is it so hard to stay in lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

inna981 wrote: »
    Skoda pulls out on me at a bend. Was closer in real life.

First upload. Excuse the s**t dashcam quality :D

There the ones you wanna watch, your taking it handy fair enough, but imagine if you were going harder!? Like he bloody seen you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

****ing Desolate on the roads

And still the middle lane is the busiest! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Dartz wrote: »

****ing Desolate on the roads

Wow what speed were you doing on m50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Wow what speed were you doing on m50?

100kph, Garda. Everyone else was taking it easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Dartz wrote: »
    100kph, Garda. Everyone else was taking it easy enough.

:) haha looked like you were hammering it.

Posted this horrible ad about 10 days ago
    yannakis wrote: »
    Also, I know this is not a car crash/bad merge/etc, but you might be able to help me out. This horrible portable advertisement is taking up a parking spot and I'm pretty sure it's not legal. Who can I report to?

...and it seems to have been taken care of :D :pac:

A safe driver taking a new mattress home..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I had heard before that on certain Lexus/Toyotas, cruise control could not be engaged is the windscreen wipers were in use!

Probably a load of baloney, anyone any experience of this?

CC works on an 05 Avensis and a 131 Auris in the rain. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

One from a couple of weeks ago.. N7 just off Junction 10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

pablo128 wrote: »
    CC works on an 05 Avensis and a 131 Auris in the rain. No issues at all.

what if you lose traction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

so then it's OK to leave it on in adverse weather. Just curious, I don't have CC :-)

Compilation from September/October.

a little bit of NSFW language towards the end (fcuking pr1ck cut me up on a roundabout (2 lanes on, 2 lanes off, then a merge), and then waved his fist at me when I beeped him. He then brake checked me later when I gave him a closed fisted wave (a wave not too dissimilar to a masturbatory style wave )).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

a little bit of NSFW language towards the end (fcuking pr1ck cut me up on a roundabout (2 lanes on, 2 lanes off, then a merge), and then waved his fist at me when I beeped him. He then brake checked me later when I gave him a closed fisted wave (a wave not too dissimilar to a masturbatory style wave )).

And these people have a children chariot.

Great example to set!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

yannakis wrote: »
    A safe driver taking a new mattress home..

He was in front of me on Saturday morning near Carpennterstown when I was bringing junior to a GAA match, maybe 20 minutes before you took this. He was holding it with his right hand and changing gears (presumably with his left) unless he was driving an automatic, which I doubt. So no hands on the wheel for a while. Almost lost it turning over Diswellstown bridge in front of me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Did he come up on you sharpish on the roundabout or what Andy?

Did he come up on you sharpish on the roundabout or what Andy?

We both started moving after the BMW passed, however d1ckhead followed the BMW into lane 1, which was my lane!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

You see it everywhere when there's 2 lanes entering a roundabout. The ****ers either fall into one of the following.

A) Can't decide what lane to be in so straddle both lanes entering.

B) Decide to drive as much as possible in the middle of the lanes thus effectively blocking both lanes.

C) Enter in left lane for say taking 2nd exit at 12 o'clock but decide to try make it in as straight a line as possible and cross from left lane to right lane before crossing again to take exit.

D) Left lane for taking say a 3rd exit at 3 o'clock position. Extra bonus points for indicator which of course makes them have right of way and you are wrong.

E) Exit lanes. Sure who needs to be in the right lane leaving a roundabout either. 2 lanes in becomes one lane out for most of these cnuts.

F) Free xmas dinner if they can manage all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Yawns wrote: »
    You see it everywhere when there's 2 lanes entering a roundabout. The ****ers either fall into one of the following.

B) Decide to drive as much as possible in the middle of the lanes thus effectively blocking both lanes.

C) Enter in left lane for say taking 2nd exit at 12 o'clock but decide to try make it in as straight a line as possible and cross from left lane to right lane before crossing again to take exit.

D) Left lane for taking say a 3rd exit at 3 o'clock position. Extra bonus points for indicator which of course makes them have right of way and you are wrong.

E) Exit lanes. Sure who needs to be in the right lane leaving a roundabout either. 2 lanes in becomes one lane out for most of these cnuts.

I mainly drive on the weekends (take bus during week), but I can't get over the amount of times I see idiots entering a roundabout in the left land (me in the right) and then they drive straight into the right lane on the roundabout cutting me off! Then when you beep them they glare at you as if you're the moron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

We both started moving after the BMW passed, however d1ckhead followed the BMW into lane 1, which was my lane!!

I thought it was the way he came from your right. Mad to think we have so many roundabouts and yet so few use them properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Yawns wrote: »

To be fair though there are many 2 lane on 2 lane off roundabouts that are marked right turn only in the right lane and yet people plow on through regardless! One of my pet peeves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jacovs

On the topic of roundabouts with 2 on/2 off lanes. The M1/M50 junction which was changed about 6 months ago going towards R139. Coming from the M1 southbound taking the R139 exit onto the junction, it used to be 2 lanes exit to R139 which immediately merged into 1 lane. They have changed it though so there are 2 lanes exiting. But they kept the merge arrow on the right hand lane. And coming up to the junction it is still just left lane for left turn only, right lane for straight only as indicated by arrows on the road. But the amount of people who just dont feel like joining the back of the left turn queue and use the straight only lane to go left too, because sure theres a lane at the exit for them.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement