Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup Day 12 - Ireland v U.A.E

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Us and Zimbabwe are the two worst bowling teams at the death IMO. Even Scotland took wickets.

It's all our own doing, too. That's the worst thing about it. Surely they can see those lines and lengths are idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Got him but a lot of damage done.

Wp sir

Anwar out for 106. Fair play to him. Seems a nice chap too. Hasn't stopped smiling since he came in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is some knock by Anwar. Gotta give him his dues

Strange that he is 35 and only his 9th odi. the story doing the rounds is that he was considered a wasted talent, and Aaqib Javed got in touch and told him to get into gear. Although born in Pakistan, he has played in the UAE for a decade. My 240-250 prediction was miles out. Anwar just gone for 106

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

COYVB wrote: »
    Anwar out for 106. Fair play to him. Seems a nice chap too. Hasn't stopped smiling since he came in

I would be delighted for him if it wasnt against us

• Advertisement

Need one of our lads to step up with a ton today. Its doable but far from easy

If we don't stop this soon I think they'll get 260-270 tbh

I hate it when I'm right about the bad stuff - hopefully I'm right about us chasing this successfully though. 38-42nd over to finish I reckon, barring disaster

Need one of our lads to step up with a ton today. Its doable but far from easy

O'Brien owes us about 60 anyway for his bowling

• Registered Users Posts: 45,304 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What station is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭corny

The throwing to the WK hasn't really inspired either.

• Advertisement

I hate it when I'm right about the bad stuff - hopefully I'm right about us chasing this successfully though. 38-42nd over to finish I reckon, barring disaster

Bit on the optimistic side there I reckon. This will likely go down to the last few overs

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Now they bowl yorkers, as if to annoy us lol

corny wrote: »
    The throwing to the WK hasn't really inspired either.

We don't really seem to think we can get wickets any way other than catches for some reason

Last 2 overs have repaired some of the damage from over 47

Bit on the optimistic side there I reckon. This will likely go down to the last few overs

Might well be, but given that they've not got much pace (so I've learned in this thread lol), I'd have to fancy us to chase this down quickly enough. Just need to keep the heads, do plenty of running and keep the ball down

279 the target then. Gettable but all about keeping the head and keeping wickets in hand

Last 2 overs have repaired some of the damage from over 47

Honestly, once the batting powerplay starts Kev should be removed from bowling consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

I wonder how Rankin feels about his 1 test match, a handful of ODI's and T20's for England?
    And the likelihood that he mightn't add to them for England.

That said, I don't blame him for throwing his lot in with England.

If only we had a tall lanky 90mph bowler to call on

We can chase this of course but disappointing finish.

Odd thing is the UAE started at roughly 6 an over and then after a couple got lucky escaping through the slips they retreated into their shell a bit. Had they attacked a few more early we would be chasing 300+ now.

• Advertisement

Good total from 131/6. Need a cool dude innings from Ed Joyce. Think he is the key to this chase.

If only we had a tall lanky 90mph bowler to call on
    England picked steve finn instead. That went well 0/49 off 2 overs vs New Zealand. Hit for six sixes in 12 balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What station is this on?

Sky sports 2

After the t20 game that shall not be named, I would've thought they'd learn to bowl some yorkers or just not bowl constant short balls.

Just bowl at the stumps. If they hit 4's fair enough, but its better than simply putting it up there to be smashed time and time again.

I mean lemme count the times we've dont this

Eng 2013
    Pak 2013
    WI last week
    UAE today
    The t20 game that shall not be named
    SA in 2011
    WI in 2011

I get we dont have pace so will leak runs, but look at what Scotland did vs England, bowled sensibly and greatly restricted england when they were looking set for 350. I just cant see us doing that if all we do is bowl short.

Pace isnt everything, if you use your brains we can still get wickets, but bowling short as we've seen countless countless times, will not end well for us

Ironically the only time I recall we bowled well at the death was in Bangalore, when we bowled at the stumps and the english missed. If we'd just bowled short odds are we'd have lost that match

Not gonna be able to stay up for our innings as I've a load of work to get done tomorrow, but hopefully we can do the job and set ourselves up with 2 wins from 2! Fingers crossed

After the t20 game that shall not be named, I would've thought they'd learn to bowl some yorkers or just not bowl constant short balls.

Just bowl at the stumps. If they hit 4's fair enough, but its better than simply putting it up there to be smashed time and time again.

Eng 2013
    Pak 2013
    WI last week
    UAE today
    SA in 2011
    WI in 2011

I get we dont have pace so will leak runs, but look at what Scotland did vs England, bowled sensibly and greatly restricted england when they were looking set for 350. I just cant see us doing that if all we do is bowl short.

Pace isnt everything, if you use your brains we can still get wickets, but bowling short as we've seen countless countless times, will not end well for us

Ironically the only time I recall we bowled well at the death was in Bangalore, when we bowled at the stumps and the english missed. If we'd just bowled short odds are we'd have lost that match

That's it exactly. Bowl a full length and vary the line and you'll pick up wickets when the overs tick down. We just give them batting practice and hope they drop one down a fielder's neck

disaster start

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Oh dear. That's not the start we needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just wow... This is really not good.

• Advertisement

Eng 2013
    Pak 2013
    WI last week
    UAE today
    SA in 2011
    WI in 2011

There must be some statistical analysis that backs up this approach because England are constantly at the same thing. It seems its decided beforehand because its deemed to be beneficial. I just can't believe the players are that absent minded that they don't think to bowl full.

Not saying the plan is legitimate though. For me its a case of lies, damn lies and statistics.

Advertisement