Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THe Breakfast roll

Options
  • 21-02-2015 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Normally I'm a weetabix kinda guy. I scooped up a brekkie role this morning. No sauce, just drizzle on some salt. More salt says she. More salt.

It's sexual.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love mushrooms on a roll with the dough scooped out. I always feel really embarrassed asking for that but jaysus -onrale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Its a breakfast bap over here. They're so funny with their quirky little ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Do they do that, lex? Sounds serious.

Yep! They look at yoi as if you have ten heads but if you can brazen out the shame it's completely worth it

Sausage, two bloods, a few shots of tasher in there. There's hash browns going. Lob one or two in. But mushrooms? Are they fresh, Lex?

• Advertisement

They're just the fried ones at the deli. Some shrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Scoop the bread out....I like that, must try it.
    Yeah no egg for me and leave the butter out too, just a bit of red sauce. Also if you have a brown roll, even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I'm a big man - 6'2 - and if you get an Irish mammy working in a shop to make you a breakfast roll, it could keep you going til dinner time. There's a lovely old dear in my local shop who's either trying to kill me or thinks I need extra feeding but she packs in the fillings the very rare time I get one.

She packs in the extra rasher and the extra sausage and the extra hash brown. I'd say the full daily calorie intake there in one go. She smiles sweetly as she sends me one big, greasy breakfast closer to a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Vile things. A cheap and stodgy roll filled with even cheaper ingredients. Withered looking sausages that have been under lights since they were heated up in an oven 5 hours earlier. Pudding without any of the flavour that makes good black pudding such a beautiful occasional treat. Then drown it in sugary sauce and eat while walking. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Vile things. A cheap and stodgy roll filled with even cheaper ingredients. Withered looking sausages that have been under lights since they were heated up in an oven 5 hours earlier. Pudding without any of the flavour that makes good black pudding such a beautiful occasional treat. Then drown it in sugary sauce and eat while walking. Yuck.

Do you have them for lunch or dinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

under lights since they were heated up in an oven 5 hours earlier.

If you're buying a breakfast roll 5 hours into the day it's time to start going to bed earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Cafe ones do be very nice, though I agree with you on the convient store ones .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

You have been going to the wrong place, go somewhere with a seat, the experience will change ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If you have been up all night, then the so-called "breakfast" roll is actually supper, breakfast and lunch all amalgamated into one feast of food. Mop it up, lick the drips.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't like breakfast rolls. However, I do like to sit down to a full Trucker's Special that'd capsize a bull-elephant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I love mushrooms on a roll with the dough scooped out. I always feel really embarrassed asking for that but jaysus -onrale
    onrale
    onrale
    Originally posted by LexieOnRale

onrale

:eek: Mind.....blown.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Thanks to this thread, this is what I'm having for my dinner. I'll make it myself. I'm a bit excited. Jesus, I love food.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't like breakfast rolls. However, I do like to sit down to a full Trucker's Special that'd capsize a bull-elephant.

What's the full truckers special, Jimbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

What's the full truckers special, Jimbo?

I worked in a restaurant where this was on the menu. 2 fried eggs, 2 scrambled eggs, 3 jumbo saussies, 2 rashers, black and white pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried potatoes, soda farl, potato bread, toast, brown bread and a pot of yea or coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Saussages, rashers, pudding, hash browns, white pudding. An egg if theres room

None of this butter ****e would ye stop

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I worked in a restaurant where this was on the menu. 2 fried eggs, 2 scrambled eggs, 3 jumbo saussies, 2 rashers, black and white pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried potatoes, soda farl, potato bread, toast, brown bread and a pot of yea or coffee.

That was the 'main' breakfast, right

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

^^^
    Summat like that, Rob! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Heading off many years ago to matches in Thurles. Something similar to this was the order of the day followed by a day's consumption of stout. Nothing like it for soakage but, my God, how unhealthy was it? Top it off with a visit to a chipper at about midnight. :o Carnage to the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Ye need de butter ti mix wi d greece. Ah yehhhhh, red sos an dont eyeball me MAYOnaisse! ;)

Den lunch iza spisy gicken filla biget wi loadza red sos and a cuppla wedgies shuvd in.

The good ole days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

The Peanut wrote: »
    if you get an Irish mammy working in a shop to make you a breakfast roll, it could keep you going till dinner time.

This.
    A lot of grease enthusiasts,myself included,are wide to this trick.
    I get my rolls at a nearby supervalue so usually there are three or four staff behind the counter.Most of them are early 20s and/or foreign and make a balls of the roll,sins like sausage on the bottom and eggs on the top etc, but there is one middle aged local woman who makes among the biggest and therefore best breakfast rolls in the country.She flattens the dough in with a spoon and stuffs them to the gills,yet only ever charges for the basic 3 items.
    She always throws me a knowing grin when she's squeezing that fourth rasher or sausage in.I want one now

Love the things (too much probably). The more packed the better and either mustard or nothing. Ketchup shouldn't be let near a breakfast roll. That said most weekends I cook my own frys as its that bit nicer and I can have more stuff.

All the bits are already in the fridge for today's and tomorrow's frys so no rolls this weekend.
    If you're buying a breakfast roll 5 hours into the day it's time to start going to bed earlier

Manys the hungover Saturday or Sunday I've gotten a breakfast roll in the mid afternoon or got one after a weekend sleep in at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

I'm salivating at the thought of tucking into one of them

crockholm wrote: »
    I'm salivating at the thought of tucking into one of them

It was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Unfollowing this thread cos I'm just getting irrationally angry that I haven't got a breakfast roll now

• Advertisement

Irish excellence

Advertisement