Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THe Breakfast roll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

The breakfast roll from a deli counter is total crap - salt and stodge central! But god it's so taaaaaaaaaaasty!

I do treat myself to the odd medium sized one if delicate after the night before - it will have sausages, extra salty rasher, dried-up white pudding, ketchup, maybe rubbery fried egg. SO yum! And then a tea and sugary treat.
    Thirsty and sluggish for the day though.

I agree. There are cheap and nasty sausages sold here in Germany by the trolley load. Sausages were never high cuisine anyway as they were a way of using otherwise difficult to cook or unwanted cuts of meat. However some of the artisan wursts sold here are fantastic. My local butcher, Gref-Völsings, speciales in a range of sausages that are simply incredible. Incredibly bad for your cholesterol as well, so they are an occasional treat. Wolfing down a fry twice a week after 20 pints is a dramatic shortcut on the way to the ICU of your local hospital.

Just about to cook up my second massive breakfast of the weekend, lovely stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Pitta bread with bita butter and Ballymaloe relish
    In the pitta bread put a grilled Thick Cut Rasher and two fried Superquinn sausages.
    *drools*

wprathead wrote: »
    Pitta bread with bita butter and Ballymaloe relish
    In the pitta bread put a grilled Thick Cut Rasher and two fried Superquinn sausages.
    *drools*

I don't know why I keep reading breakfast roll threads.. Haven't had one in years and would kill for one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Just about to cook up my second massive breakfast of the weekend, lovely stuff!!!

It's well into the afternoon in Ireland... why are you only beginning to cook your breakfast?

• Advertisement

It's well into the afternoon in Ireland... why are you only beginning to cook your breakfast?

Because I'm still in bed, getting up shortly now for a feed and continue watching soccer for the rest of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 contactbackup

I reckon he has breakfast at this time everyday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flood

Prefer the ones i make at home, simply for being able to fill it with better products.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

There a new crowd in Tallaght area in Dublin who now deliver a breakfast to your house, with a can of coke. People are posting their deliveries on a FB page. Sold out, so obviously a demand especially at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Incredibly bad for your cholesterol as well, so they are an occasional treat.

Dietary cholesterol has no effect on blood cholesterol. There is no data to support the contention that it does, except for in a tiny minority of people, and consequently, guidelines are beginning to reflect this. The main problem with sausages is that they tend to be highly processed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I had the misfortune of deciding to buy a breakfast roll in the local convenience store
    I hadnt eaten one in maybe 2 years but i decided what the hell..
    First thing i was told was "we dont do eggs anymore" like wtf is it so hard to cook an egg...
    The roll was way way to crispy..there was only 1 sausage inside cut into 2,two pieces of white pudding
    which were dried out and a hash ****ing brown squashed to bejaysus..all smothered in red sauce..oh and 2 dried up rashers which the dog nearly choked on..
    never again..4.40 euros for a bag of ****e..never again.

Because I'm still in bed, getting up shortly now for a feed and continue watching soccer for the rest of the afternoon.

Mother of God! :eek:

Mother of God! :eek:

Not sure what you are finding fault with. A pretty standard Sunday by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I just had;

2 jumbo saussies
    2 rashers
    3 pieces of white pudding
    1 egg

on a CRUSTY roll, with brown sauce.

I also had 2 cups of tea. And a bar of chocolate. Cos I decided earlier that today has no calories.

Awwwwwwwh.......I'm really craving the above!! :( Brown sauce, always brown sauce. :D

I reckon he has breakfast at this time everyday.

Unfortunately not as I've to be up for work so around 10 am is my usual breakfast time.

Not sure what you are finding fault with.

You're still in bed at almost 3pm on a Sunday! You're about to eat an unhealthy fried breakfast for the second time in one weeked! You had a rake of porter last night and plan on spending the rest of the day slumped on a couch. You by your own admission do this every weekend. It's an awful way to live your life!

Compare that to my own. I had 2 glasses of Schloss Johannisberger 2009 Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling and a delicious turbot dish that my girlfriend prepared. I arose this morning at 6am and ran a nice steady-paced 18km. I had a breakfast of fresh fruit, natural locally sourced yoghurt, and toasted granola. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon reading, meditating and listening to some music. This evening I will be attending a musical with my partner and some of our friends.

The human body and mind is an incredible thing. The way you treat it is tantamount to vandalism

You're still in bed at almost 3pm on a Sunday! You're about to eat an unhealthy fried breakfast for the second time in one weeked! You had a rake of porter last night and plan on spending the rest of the day slumped on a couch. You by your own admission do this every weekend. It's an awful way to live your life!

Compare that to my own. I had 2 glasses of Schloss Johannisberger 2009 Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling and a delicious turbot dish that my girlfriend prepared. I arose this morning at 6am and ran a nice steady-paced 18km. I had a breakfast of fresh fruit, natural locally sourced yoghurt, and toasted granola. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon reading, meditating and listening to some music. This evening I will be attending a musical with my partner and some of our friends.

The human body and mind is an incredible thing. The way you treat it is tantamount to vandalism

Let him at it, his life, not yours.

I'd rather be taken out and shot with balls of my own sh*te then do meditation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

This evening I will be attending a musical with my partner and some of our friends.

A musical? And I thought you were supposed to be a man of taste and culture!

Sounds like a pretty crap way to spend your Sunday, eating boring food, wasting one of only two opportunities you get per week to sleep in and not watching sport. will get some sort of a takeaway in the evening then, Thai possibly to see the day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

So, you had something that costs over 1,000 Pounds Sterling then, this morning?

Not everyone wants to get up that early on their weekends. As for meditating, each to their own, but I wouldn't be interested in it. Southampton - Liverpool are on later, much more interesting in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Compare that to my own. I had 2 glasses of Schloss Johannisberger 2009 Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling and a delicious turbot dish that my girlfriend prepared.

A large pizza followed by pints of Guinness, Jameson and jäger bombs was a nicer evening I have to say.
    Sleeping in is a waste of life. Take a good look at your lifestyle if you find yourself regularly sleeping in.

Getting up early when you don't have to is a waste of sleeping time imo, also I went to bed at about 4am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Judgy-wudgy was a bear, judgy-wudgy had no hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 epesapart

so are we all split then?
    the breakfast roll is either a hearty accompaniment to the riggers of the hectic worklife in Ireland ,the fast paced economy all inclusive foodstuff to keep one nourished by combining 3 in 1 meals.

or

A soggy depressing foodstuff to show the "as Above , so Below" imprint on a quick decaying process....

Can anybody save this thread?

please....there is a place for it

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

With the last few months a large scale building under construction near my place of work has seen me quite frequently mixing with my building brethren in the local shop at lunch time.
    I honestly can't help be jealous of the confidence the exude as they stroll in the door and head directly toward the deli counter, hard hats turned backwards, loudly conversing about last nights game or the antics of one of the group while "out on the piss" the previous weekend, moreover the female anatomy appears to be of great interest to these creatures and no shame appears to be incurred whilst leering at any bum they can find in their peripheral vision. Quite often I find myself sandwiched between the groups while waiting in line, me with a bagel, cappuccino and the Times, them with a large breakfast roll, bottle of Coke and the Star/Sun. We never speak but I always feel they are aware of a pussy standing next to them (me). We part our ways outside the shop door and as I settle back down in front of the computer screen I can't help but feel, maybe it would be a more enjoyable life to just grab a hammer, forget about my caloric intake/macro & micro nutrient breakdown and join them down in the trenches and fuk this stuffy office sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Let him at it, his life, not yours.

I'd rather be taken out and shot with balls of my own sh*te then do meditation!

Just on the basis of your username; i'd imagine you'd skip the 18km jog and fruit breakfast also?

Just on the basis of your username; i'd imagine you'd skip the 18km jog and fruit breakfast also?

Don't judge a user by their username! I'm actually quite sexy IRL if I'm being honest. True story. :cool:

Eutow wrote: »
    So, you had something that costs over 1,000 Pounds Sterling then, this morning?

Good God no! I had it last night, I wouldn't ever drink alcohol in the morning. That particular wine is another story altogether. I was gifted it by one of my clients in December and was saving it for a special occasion. My OH was hosting a dinner party last night and insisted that we serve it. I argued it would be wasted on her friends as I wouldn't consider any of them to be true wine aficionados. Alas, it can be difficult to try and change the mind of a lady as strong-willed as my partner. :D

Does it really cost 2000 pound a bottle though? I was under the impression it averages around 800 euro? I never actually researched the price, as I thought due to it being a gift that it would be poor form.
    Not everyone wants to get up that early on their weekends. As for meditating, each to their own, but I wouldn't be interested in it. Southampton - Liverpool are on later, much more interesting in my opinion.

Each to their own. I have no problem enjoying the spectacle of sport, it was just one of the points I raised to demonstrate the type of sedentary lifestyle nox appears to lead.

A musical? And I thought you were supposed to be a man of taste and culture!

Tell me about it! A remake of the 90s film Ghost no less! The things I do for love!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 epesapart

With the last few months a large scale building under construction near my place of work has seen me quite frequently mixing with my building brethren in the local shop at lunch time.
    I honestly can't help be jealous of the confidence the exude as they stroll in the door and head directly toward the deli counter, hard hats turned backwards, loudly conversing about last nights game or the antics of one of the group while "out on the piss" the previous weekend, moreover the female anatomy appears to be of great interest to these creatures and no shame appears to be incurred whilst leering at any bum they can find in their peripheral vision. Quite often I find myself sandwiched between the groups while waiting in line, me with a bagel, cappuccino and the Times, them with a large breakfast roll, bottle of Coke and the Star/Sun. We never speak but I always feel they are aware of a pussy standing next to them (me). We part our ways outside the shop door and as I settle back down in front of the computer screen I can't help but feel, maybe it would be a more enjoyable life to just grab a hammer, forget about my caloric intake/macro & micro nutrient breakdown and join them down in the trenches and fuk this stuffy office sh1t.

Flashfiction award of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Tell me about it! A remake of the 90s film Ghost no less! The things I do for love!

Leave.

Leave immediatley.

Don't waste time packing, just get out now!

Advertisement