Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THe Breakfast roll

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

epesapart wrote: »
    Flashfiction award of the day.

Funnily enough it is not, but I do admit to embellishing some of the facts purely for entertainment purposes.

However, I will graciously accept the award as my life is so dull any sort of attention helps me escape this horrid reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 epesapart

However, I will graciously accept the award as my life is so dull any sort of attention helps me escape this horrid reality.

*Award given...Please find a copy of "Confederacy of Dunces" on the virtual awards table

Each to their own. I have no problem enjoying the spectacle of sport, it was just one of the points I raised to demonstrate the type of sedentary lifestyle nox appears to lead.

I don't do the whole exercising at weekends except farm work some weekends. Well I do a bit of lifting alright...lifting pints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Leave.

Leave immediatley.

Don't waste time packing, just get out now!

I'll stick with it! Even though the promotional material shows the lead male sporting a haircut last seen on a white-suited Johnny Logan circa 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You're still in bed at almost 3pm on a Sunday! You're about to eat an unhealthy fried breakfast for the second time in one weeked! You had a rake of porter last night and plan on spending the rest of the day slumped on a couch. You by your own admission do this every weekend. It's an awful way to live your life!

Compare that to my own. I had 2 glasses of Schloss Johannisberger 2009 Trockenbeerenauslese Riesling and a delicious turbot dish that my girlfriend prepared. I arose this morning at 6am and ran a nice steady-paced 18km. I had a breakfast of fresh fruit, natural locally sourced yoghurt, and toasted granola. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon reading, meditating and listening to some music. This evening I will be attending a musical with my partner and some of our friends.

The human body and mind is an incredible thing. The way you treat it is tantamount to vandalism

the body is well able to deal with a bit of abuse.we a lad in work and he's big into his pinting and smokes a good bit and he's gearing up for his 4th ironman this summer.I'd be lazy enough most weekends myself and don't watch what I eat. I do about 40 miles running a week and gym work to keep it all in line.it's about having a balance not trying desperately to be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Funnily enough it is not, but I do admit to embellishing some of the facts purely for entertainment purposes.

But it wasn't entertaining. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

smurgen wrote: »
    the body is well able to deal with a bit of abuse.we a lad in work and he's big into his pinting and smokes a good bit and he's gearing up for his 4th ironman this summer.I'd be lazy enough most weekends myself and don't watch what I eat. I do about 40 miles running a week and gym work to keep it all in line.it's about having a balance not trying desperately to be perfect.

Perfection never exists. In anything we do. I hate to bleat on about it, but mindfulness has shown me that we all can step back from what we think is our destiny. That assumptions we make about ourselves aren't always the absolute truth.
    My original point was that a fry isn't particularly good for you. Enjoyable yes. So why lessen the enjoyment of it by taking the cheapest and nastiest components of a fry, stuffing it into this weird thing they try and pass off as French bread, before devouring it alongside a bottle of lucozade?

I then had the temerity to suggest that staying in bed until 3 on a Sunday, as a result of drinking so much alcohol, isn't a great thing to be forming as a habit.

I've taken much unwarranted abuse as a result. Perhaps I've become Tuetonic in my thinking, but I'd suggest that my advice is fairly sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Perfection never exists. In anything we do. I hate to bleat on about it, but mindfulness has shown me that we all can step back from what we think is our destiny. That assumptions we make about ourselves aren't always the absolute truth.
    My original point was that a fry isn't particularly good for you. Enjoyable yes. So why lessen the enjoyment of it by taking the cheapest and nastiest components of a fry, stuffing it into this weird thing they try and pass off as French bread, before devouring it alongside a bottle of lucozade?

I then had the temerity to suggest that staying in bed until 3 on a Sunday, as a result of drinking so much alcohol, isn't a great thing to be forming as a habit.

I've taken much unwarranted abuse as a result. Perhaps I've become Tuetonic in my thinking, but I'd suggest that my advice is fairly sound?

It's good advice but not for everyone.also some of the smartest people I've come across are biggish drinkers.used to work in Switzerland and came across a fair few of em. also something like a breakfast roll has alot of nutrients that people in manual labour jobs would need.having one every now and again isn't going to kill you. Can't support drinks like lucozade tho.I see almost no benefit in energy drinks.they lead to massive sugar highs and crashes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

......and as I settle back down in front of the computer screen I can't help but feel, maybe it would be a more enjoyable life to just grab a hammer, forget about my caloric intake/macro & micro nutrient breakdown and join them down in the trenches and fuk this stuffy office sh1t.

Be careful what you wish for.

Your Diet Coke breaks would never be the same again, and you'd soon move from eating Malteesers to Yorkie bars as part of a balanced diet.

It's a slippery slope.

Well, you think dietary cholesterol is a bad thing against all the evidence, so who knows?

• Advertisement

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Well, you think dietary cholesterol is a bad thing against all the evidence, so who knows?

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

Ugh, SO predictable.

:pac:

Advertisement