Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 Matchday Thread.

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

72 brings me to 7.5k. Ticking along nicely now and not far off having the money league sewn up. 170 odd points clear so think I'm safe even at this early stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mane was dropped for being late according to the BBC

Can we assume he'll start against West Brom then if he's on time for the bus?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just outside the top 10k with a gw score of 69.

3 missing next week but will probably take a hit to sort out two of Baird, Bellarin and PVA longterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

70 points, up 400 places to 1778 OR. More than happy:D

Green arrows 3rd week in a row but I don't think I can make it again next week.

Lost my FSA game 70-82:eek:

Fair play to my opponent, had a good chance to finally be first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

GW rank of 80k

Previous best this season was 262k. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Why did Bruce only play 52 min and PVA only 1 min?
    2 clean sheets missed out on.

To follow up, is Clicky out of favour now or just rotated with Kolarov?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

up 1k for the GW to 11k with my 63.

in good shape though for next week. i've 10 players playing and 2 FTs, which is a big advantage over some of my main rivals.

can't complain, though Sturridge's benching, then 2 missed chances in the game did slightly píss me off. it would've been a big differential for me if he'd done something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just Inside 10k.

Been that way for 10 of last 13 gwk's.

As high as 4k as low as 16k - just generally floating around 9k.

Looking forward to next week though as should have 10 - 11 starters and no hits.

There are 1/2 below me in leagues who could potentially be without 7/8 players so they are looking at -4 to -8 I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

84 for the week stops 2 weeks of red arrows.
    Back up to 224 in the world :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

menoscemo wrote: »
    84 for the week stops 2 weeks of red arrows.
    Back up to 224 in the world :eek:

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Up from 3.3k to 2k with my 77 points.

I have 9 players playing next week (Maybe 10 if PVA gets back in) and have 2 FTs. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. The players I do have don't exactly have the best fixtures!

Key is to set myself up for GW28 and hope Spurs can give me a dig out because I'll have Eriksen and Kane for that, contemplating one more but I don't really see anyone else as noteworthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

In light of all this 50 Shades nonsense, my GW score was rather apt - 69pts :)

No hits, won my Boards fixture, closed gap on top to 3pts in main league, 3rd highest GWR and up 40k places to 120k. Good weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Tentatively re-emerging into the light of the forum having finally taken a proper break from FPL. Reasons for my spell of disillusionment are pretty clear in the screen shot below.

55 (-4) and another slump in rankings to add to the slumpy slumpiness of my last 5 or 6 weeks.

340141.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

FHFC wrote: »
    Tentatively re-emerging into the light of the forum having finally taken a proper break from FPL. Reasons for my spell of disillusionment are pretty clear in the screen shot below.

55 (-4) and another slump in rankings to add to the slumpy slumpiness of my last 5 or 6 weeks.

340141.jpg

Well fair play to getting up to 621st in the first place, couple of good weeks and no reason why you cant get back up there again, still 12 GWS left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

340141.jpg

Misery loves company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've gone from 1.6k to 23k.

I think I win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

340141.jpg

The way I'd look at it is forget recent history (or use it not to make the same mistakes you may have made) and look ahead. You're still in the top 7k! What was your aim at the start of the season? Inside 10k? Inside 5k? Above would be a bit cocky isn't it?

Imagine the opposite situation. i.e. you climbing to top 7k last week after 5-6 consecutive good GWs from 30k to 7k. You'd be ecstatics. Though same ranking.

If you allow me a football comparison, it's like a game which ends 2-2. Team A was leading 2-0 and feel like they've lost the game. Team B came back to 2-2 and feel like they've won it. But in the end they're level.

Anyway it can change quickly as you've experienced on the wrong end of it. But a couple of good captain picks and inspîred transfers could see you climb back up as quickly ;).

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd be bloody delighted to 'only' be at 6k :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

340141.jpg

It's not all bad pal you can still turn it around and get 2nd in the Finn Harps league

iroced wrote: »
    The way I'd look at it is forget recent history (or use it not to make the same mistakes you may have made) and look ahead. You're still in the top 7k! What was your aim at the start of the season? Inside 10k? Inside 5k? Above would be a bit cocky isn't it?

Imagine the opposite situation. i.e. you climbing to top 7k last week after 5-6 consecutive good GWs from 30k to 7k. You'd be ecstatics. Though same ranking.

If you allow me a football comparison, it's like a game which ends 2-2. Team A was leading 2-0 and feel like they've lost the game. Team B came back to 2-2 and feel like they've won it. But in the end they're level.

Anyway it can change quickly as you've experienced on the wrong end of it. But a couple of good captain picks and inspîred transfers could see you climb back up as quickly ;).

The main issue is that all of us Pelle over Kane people feel like it was such a stupid mistake. I got to my original lofty position by being a maverick and going without Costa so I'm not going to regret the Kane one too much. I probably need to learn how to control risk better and will try to balance that over the last 12 GWs.

• Advertisement

Steven81 wrote: »
    Well fair play to getting up to 621st in the first place, couple of good weeks and no reason why you cant get back up there again, still 12 GWS left

I was actually up to the dizzy heights of 323 at one stage. Was inside the top 5k since around GW10 so I've become somewhat pampered! I understand that its not something to be moaning about to be at 6k, and I've have been trying to look at it exactly as suggested by Iroced. But it is still sickening my hole to tumble back to earth so efficiently! :)

It's not all bad pal you can still turn it around and get 2nd in the Finn Harps league

I have a record of a strong finish in this league. Caught a certain other lad who was on the pitch one fine May day in 1999 (well the bench at least) on the last day of the season last year having been further behind than this.

Keep counting those chickens, I'll lend you a calculator! :p

I have a record of a strong finish in this league. Caught a certain other lad who was on the pitch one fine May day in 1999 (well the bench at least) on the last day of the season last year having been further behind than this.

Keep counting those chickens, I'll lend you a calculator! :p
    You finished your one season strongly. Your chasing a lad with a winners medal this time aswell.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've gone from 1.6k to 23k.

I think I win :)

Ouch. I thought I was bad:

Gameweek 18 81 315,219 1 0 £106.4m 1,058 5,764
    Gameweek 19 33 2,283,211 1 0 £106.3m 1,091 8,052
    Gameweek 20 42 1,745,987 1 0 £106.7m 1,133 9,670
    Gameweek 21 74 380,570 1 0 £107.3m 1,207 7,630
    Gameweek 22 54 1,621,554 1 0 £107.8m 1,261 7,353
    Gameweek 23 63 462,138 0 0 £106.1m 1,324 8,873
    Gameweek 24 37 1,799,204 1 0 £106.3m 1,361 15,000
    Gameweek 25 45 1,273,304 1 0 £106.6m 1,406 18,948
    Gameweek 26 50 893,205 0 0 £107.0m 1,456 24,655

Never had a fall like this before in nine years playing the game. I blame it all on that bastard Harold Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I haven't been following this too closely but why do people still not have Harry Kane? I understand people dropping him for the Jan wildcard in favour of others but since then there's still a lot of people who don't seem to be able to fit him in despite him being 6.something in recent weeks and scoring consistently. I always think you have to follow the crowd for the majority of players and make ground with a handful of differentials. Kane has been an obvious one for weeks for me (and I'm doing considerably worse than the rest of ye)

8-10 wrote: »
    I haven't been following this too closely but why do people still not have Harry Kane? I understand people dropping him for the Jan wildcard in favour of others but since then there's still a lot of people who don't seem to be able to fit him in despite him being 6.something in recent weeks and scoring consistently. I always think you have to follow the crowd for the majority of players and make ground with a handful of differentials. Kane has been an obvious one for weeks for me (and I'm doing considerably worse than the rest of ye)

Maybe it's a flaw in my play but I wasn't going to dump Pelle out for Kane straight after my WC with Pelle against QPR and Kane in the NLD. With hindsight, I should have done Giroud to Kane for a -4 instead of Defoe. Liverpool have kept 5 out of 6 cleanies and of course the one they didn't was against Spurs :rolleyes:. I'm glad I didn't cave and do it last GW with just a four point return and a blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I had him and took him out, like most of us that don't have him on here. Spurs were looking at a fixture list of WBA (with Pulis), Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham. I didn't think Kane would excel in those games like he has done so I shipped him for Pelle, who I then changed to Sturridge.

Pelle, I can't explain now to be honest. Think I got caught up in the chat about him on here plus Swansea had been so terrible against Blackburn that I thought Southampton would hammer them.

The problem with Kane was that everyone else had him so when he returned double figure scores it was a real kick in the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Got it. Wouldn't have thought Pelle would have gone so barren so long myself either. Always hated him as a player but he has done a lot of damage before

Got it. Wouldn't have thought Pelle would have gone so barren so long myself either. Always hated him as a player but he has done a lot of damage before

To be fair the lads wildcarded at an unfortunate time . I can see why they did it and with Kane having a blank why they didn't get him back. It was the perfect storm as you also have to consider Kane blanked when we all captained him the week before they did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

To be fair the lads wildcarded at an unfortunate time . I can see why they did it and with Kane having a blank why they didn't get him back. It was the perfect storm as you also have to consider Kane blanked when we all captained him the week before they did it.

I made the same mistake in my WC. The other factor at play was the fixtures. On paper Pelles were much more favourable than Kanes. Kane also had more additional cup games (potentially). But again that was a poor decision in hindsight, I should know better than to favour fixtures over form.

Advertisement