Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that inexplicably turn you against someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

People that look over your shoulder when they're talking to you, especially after they initiate the question, basically looking for someone more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Especially the ones wearing fake glasses. As someone with sever myopia, I feel they are making light of my condition. Imagine the outrage if people started using wheelchairs or crutches or white sticks without needing them? :(

shhhhhhh don't let the Hipsters know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Trilby hats.

"Gamers".

Fans of independent cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Smokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Smokers and people who swear all the time. Also right wing conservative types and the excessively religious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

People who do a full shop in a Spar or Centra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

eviltwin wrote: »
    Smokers and people who swear all the time. Also right wing conservative types and the excessively religious.

Have you got a fucking light you cunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

when someone calls you mate.

"No Mate, you don't need to do that"

Hey Buddy, I'm not you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Men with long hair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

kjl wrote: »
    when someone calls you mate.

"No Mate, you don't need to do that"

Hey Buddy, I'm not you mate.

Hey Pal, Im not your buddy.

(Brit soldiers used to give us that 'mate' sh!t all the time.)

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »

Oh man are you in the wrong country. Vancouver, that's the place for you. People visibly squirm or shudder when you say cunt or anything more inventive than your usual sh!ts and fucks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone who asks a question on Facebook, when a quick Google would give them the answer. Do they even know they're on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

(Brit soldiers used to give us that 'mate' **** all the time.)

I'm not your pal, friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone over the age of 15 who refers to an English Premiership team as 'us'.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone who asks a question on Facebook, when a quick Google would give them the answer. Do they even know they're on the internet?

Oh man don't start the social media pet peeves, that's a whole other thread on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

People who can't take any form of criticism - however mild, constructive and apt it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm not your buddy, guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Any sort of believe in holistic or alternative medicine, especially homeopathy. Also, anyone who's an anti-vaxxer or believes that Big Pharma is hiding a cure for cancer.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I'm not your friend, chara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Those Hitler youth haircuts you see around prevalent among men in their late teens to early twenties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Frog Song wrote: »
    People that say they don't like dogs. I don't mind if someone is scared of them because they've been bitten or frightened by them but when someone says they don't like dogs for no real reason it puts me off them instantly.

Do you like Cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

(Brit soldiers used to give us that 'mate' **** all the time.)

Most people on adverts use it too.

Me: Looking to sell an €500 phone.

Tool: "Alright mate will you take half a PS3 and a box of cheerios for it?

Me: "No cash only as stated in ad"

Tool: "No bother mate, good luck with the sale"

Same crap in the airsoft forum.

The morbidly obese - the type that take up two seats or results in inordinately heavy breathing, even by the age of 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

anyone who stand in my personal space to talk to me <-- really irritating

anyone who touches me that isn't a close friend etc <-- get your hand or arm off me you freak.

People who smoke pipes.

Smelly f*ckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Any sort of believe in holistic or alternative medicine, especially homeopathy. Also, anyone who's an anti-vaxxer or believes that Big Pharma is hiding a cure for cancer.

Do you work in medicine ? or do you have to judge somebody based on their choice of medical utensils. How do you appraise you local GP ? on his socks ?

Im with you on the vaccinations but is there not a legitimate argument to be made that "big pharma" as you put it are more interested in treatments than cures. Im not talking about cancer specifically, just in general.
    Im by no means an authority on this so im open to being corrected, condemned and humiliated on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Nothing inexplicable about those reasons to dislike people to me, they seem like good reasons in fairness.

Do you work in medicine ? or do you have to judge somebody based on their choice of medical utensils. How do you appraise you local GP ? on his socks ?

You don't need to work in medicine to be against the farcical non-remedies of homeopathy.

Homeopathy is for idiots.

• Advertisement

People who smoke pipes.

Smelly f*ckers.

LOVE the smell of a pipe. Cant wait until im old enough to smoke one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement