Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shams wrote: »
    I hear hes an excellent Command and Conquer player

He is sh*te at it. He keeps using the Chronosphere to go back in time and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Thomas_.

The peace, stability and safety is great as long as your not on the list of undesirables.

"No man, no problem". Joseph Stalin.

This citation of him in his own words tells lot about his mindset towards humans. His record on killed people on his account / order proves it in the worst kind of expression vs proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Thomas_. wrote: »
    First I thought I´ve had misread your post but then I realised that you might mean that serious.

The only primar initiative regarding the "grabbing of territory" was initiated by Putin himself in his support of separatists with and by all means. He´s the one depicting the Ukrainians as fascists while he´s doing nothing else like Hitler did in the years 1938 to 1939 just with the difference that the Ukrainians were and are fighting back.

Having a look on the map displaying the recent developments in that area, he might go even further to get direct access to the Crimea via the further grab of territoriy by his Russian separatists. To have access to the peninsula via the sea is still (and even in Winter) a matter with difficulties.

I fear that this story is far from over yet.

Pro western Ukranians fighting pro eastern Ukranians for Ukranian land,that's a civil war in my book anyway.There is absolutely no evidence to prove that Russian forces are active in the region,there's lots of claims in western media,but no evidence.You really have to free yourself from the media spin,these are the exact same media outlets who refused to report on the Edward Snowden revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

inforfun wrote: »
    I am only mentioning the MH-17
    What the flying **** has Obama to do with that?

Open a separate thread if you want to discuss the blood on obama's hands.

Sure what has Putin to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

worded wrote: »
    He reclaimed oil and gas from greedy foreigners back into the state hands, where resources for every country should be. How he did it was more cunning than a fox, but he did it.

That's about the only thing he did that is in any way commendable and that's what pissed off the chaos-mongers in Washington whose ultimate goal is the break-up of Russia.

I believe the root of the problem is a lack of a centralised security and foreign policy apparatus in the EU. Ukraine is in our back yard yet the '**** the EU' chickenhawks in the US are meddling there and what has happened has been bad for Ukraine and the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

fran17 wrote: »
    Pro western Ukranians fighting pro eastern Ukranians for Ukranian land,that's a civil war in my book anyway.There is absolutely no evidence to prove that Russian forces are active in the region,there's lots of claims in western media,but no evidence.You really have to free yourself from the media spin,these are the exact same media outlets who refused to report on the Edward Snowden revelations.

There is ample evidence. The only people on Earth denying it are the Russians and their supplicants. Putin is the kingpin a hideously dysfunctional kleptocracy. Russia is so much the worse for him it is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Vlad Dog Putin

Drunken Putin bites ear off Ukraine in misogynist rampage.
    Feminist Anti-drink campaigners in Donnybook today claimed they had “irrefutable evidence” that serial rapist Vladimir Rasputin of Russia had bitten off the left-side hearing apparatus of Ukraine in a vicious attack while under the influence of four gallons of lead-free Stolichnaya Vodka.The Rathmines Observer & Gleaner Incorporating Ranelagh Womans Weekly quoted sources close to the Urals as confirming Vlad Dog Putin’s attack on one of the country’s crucial tympanic listening devices.

**** just got real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

FFS, as part of the Minsk agreement, the pro Russian fighters agreed to pull back an ultra modern multiple rocket launcher that only the Russian state produces and owns. That's just one example of the help and support. You couldn't bury your head in the sand any deeper if you tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I used to live in Russia, and found that people generally respected him for (at the time), what was seen as the huge improvement in the quality of life and the opening of Russia to the outside world. They felt he was addressing the everyday concerns of Russians - food, jobs and immigration. Corruption is so endemic that nobody really cared about the elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Free yourself from the media spin? Unless your on the ground in Ukraine , where are you getting your info?

Or is it a case of all the western media are lie in cos they're the media (and western) whereas the good comrades in the east are truthful to a fault?

• Advertisement

Sure what has Putin to do with it?

The anti aircraft missile system came across the Russian border and went back across the following day. Is that enough for you? He supplies the weapons and most of the men too.

It's like an adult giving a loaded gun to a child and when the child kills a few people, saying "nothing to do with me".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

He is sh*te at it. He keeps using the Chronosphere to go back in time and try again.

I heard he was the voice of Tanya in the Command and Conquer games.

Well, you can have your opinion but for myself, I don´t trust Putin and I regard him as one of those people who pull the strings behind the scenes to achieve their aim. He´s rather cunning in using the pro-Russian sentiments and he does support them whether he admits it or not is just a matter of bringing up any evidence that he does. Without the backing of Putin, the separatists might have lost the plot already last year.

I say this apart from the media spin. To me he´s nothing but a small imperialist who would like the see the USSR rise again, better sooner than later. It´s got probably not so much to do with a revival of Communism, it´s got more to do with power and bringing Russia back to the level as a world power with him at the top of it.

There is absolutely no evidence to prove that Russian forces are active in the region.

The evidence is Overwhelming, the western governments are only looking after the wellbeing of their citizens by not showing it to them as it would only Overwhelm them, and nobody wants to be responsible for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What about Crimea? They did kinda invade and take it over.

FFS, as part of the Minsk agreement, the pro Russian fighters agreed to pull back an ultra modern multiple rocket launcher

We have been told Russia army is no match for NATO, Russia weapons old and not very good, so are you telling us NATO is arming the pro Russian Fighters with ultra modern multiple rocket launchers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

I admire him. A real man who made is country strong again, and he's the only one who can stand up to the lunatics in Washington.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I admire him. A real man who made is country strong again, and he's the only one who can stand up to the lunatics in Washington.

Are they not severely struggling financially?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Grayson wrote: »
    I heard he was the voice of Tanya in the Command and Conquer games.

That was only a rumour.

I heard he was and is Kane.

KANE LIVES!!!!!

I admire him. A real man.

real man in europe is conchita wurst, testosterone to be banned, feminists win, how we laugh in mother Russia!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I believe he makes a mean Key Lime Pie

You might as well say that you´d admire Mao and all the other mass killers because they were "strong men who made their country strong again".

I prefer those you call "the lunatics" in Washington to the likes of Putin, at least they give you some freedom.

We have been told Russia army is no match for NATO, Russia weapons old and not very good, so are you telling us NATO is arming the pro Russian Fighters with ultra modern multiple rocket launchers?

The Russian side had the modern rocket system.

Thomas_. wrote: »

I prefer those you call "the lunatics" in Washington to the likes of Putin, at least they give you some freedom.

Yes, freedom to have all your electronic communications intercepted and stored incase need to blackmail, freedom USA style

The Russian side had the modern rocket system.

Pfff, not what hollywood say

Yes, freedom to have all your electronic communications intercepted and stored incase need to blackmail, freedom USA style

You know there was a guy around here called woodrow wyatt who was banned I believe yesterday. You wouldn't be any relation? Just curious. A very similar "I love Russia" style of posting too. :)

who woodrow wyatt?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

His steadfast resolve in the face of a proxy war being waged in Ukraine has to be admired, a war that would never have happened if billions weren't poured into Ukraine to kickstart a coup.
    I arrived back into Dublin from Kiev late Tuesday night, one year almost to the minute since I arrived back from seeing the Maidan protest first-hand, as well as its descent into mayhem.

In the offchance you're not trolling - and in the happy chance that you get a chance to visit that beautiful city (and fares are very cheap just now) - I suggest you try to avoid saying anything like that to anybody there.

People in Kiev take a dim view indeed of having their country invaded, their citizens murdered and their country cut to pieces by the maniac you appear to admire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭pcardin

lol, so naive. Of course tanks and bombs could be bought on eBay sure no problem. :pac::D

• Advertisement

pcardin wrote: »
    lol, so naive. Of course tanks and bombs could be bought on eBay sure no problem. :pac::D

No need to buy, become militant islamist, USA arm you to the teeth for free!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement