Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

People who got tickets- did you go for the email version or posted ones?

I opted for the email version - least I have them straight away and no fear of them getting lost in the post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

People who got tickets- did you go for the email version or posted ones?

Posted. I like to keep the tickets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Rabid Merlot

I've been back to TM site checking a couple of times a day for returned or extra tickets going on sale but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I've been back to TM site checking a couple of times a day for returned or extra tickets going on sale but no luck so far.

Ain't going to happen I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone have an idea of when we should expect the posted tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

If extra tickets do go on sale it's usually a few weeks before the event so it will probably be June..that's just what usually happens, I can't guarantee that's what will happen.
    In my experience of croke park gigs, the few weeks before the gig you will see people on facebook/twitter etc selling tickets as they have another commitment that came up so keep a check on these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

FitzShane wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea of when we should expect the posted tickets?
    Probably May/June i'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

STIG83 wrote: »
    Ain't going to happen I'd say.

Why? It's happened for every other concert there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Reported:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ellen OG

Is it true that he is going to play another gig? Does anyone know? xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ellen OG wrote: »
    Is it true that he is going to play another gig? Does anyone know? xx

No the two dates selected are all that he's going to be playing in Croke Park this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cooleyacw

on the printed tickets are there 18 digits on the barcode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

cooleyacw wrote: »
    on the printed tickets are there 18 digits on the barcode
    Oh thank god, I was worried there for a second thinking there was only 17!

i have bought printed tickets for croke park and was worried that there is 18 digit barcode on them,on the ticketmaster web site they say 16 digit bar code is used for tickets, is it 18 digit for croke park?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cooleyacw wrote: »
    i have bought printed tickets for croke park and was worried that there is 18 digit barcode on them,on the ticketmaster web site they say 16 digit bar code is used for tickets, is it 18 digit for croke park?

If you bought them legitimately you have nothing to worry about. If you bought them from a tout/dodgy site there's always a chance there's something dodgy about them.

I bought them from a secondary site, just looking to know if others have 18 digit barcode on printed tickets . Tickets are seated in lower davin stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Mine have 18 digits too and I got them off ticketmaster so don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Support announced,

24th Bell X1 and Gavin James
    25th Bell X1 and Jamie Lawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

airbusa320 wrote: »

Not really, he was always going to select a local act to support him for the Irish gigs, he is a fan of Bellx1 and Gavin James himself and Jamie Lawson has signed for the same record label as Ed Sheeran so that most likely was a management decision.

The fact that it's sold out as well there is no incentive to have larger acts as support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

If his tickets went on sale now he wouldn't sell two nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Did he lose his fanbase in 2 months or something?

What's your reasoning behind that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Think it may have something to do with the media going bananas about a "homophobic slur" Ed supposedly made

sebcity wrote: »
    Think it may have something to do with the media going bananas about a "homophobic slur" Ed supposedly made

Yea it was in a rap battle, he'll be find, besides Eminem has built his career on homophobic slurs and he doesn't have problems selling tickets.

You know what even after this "slur" he'd still easily sell out two nights in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Looks like he'll have to turn up at a few more weddings and marry a few more terminally ill fans to brush this one under the carpet, and did someone actually compare "straight cut Sheeran" to a rapper who thrives on controversy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If I hasn't spotted a headline while walking past the papers the other day I'd know nothing about this story. I haven't seen anything online about it. Doesn't seem like too many are making a deal of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Looks like he'll have to turn up at a few more weddings and marry a few more terminally ill fans to brush this one under the carpet, and did someone actually compare "straight cut Sheeran" to a rapper who thrives on controversy?

Have you listened to the lyrics of his songs? Clean cut isn't how I would describe him particularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ed Sheeran is certainly not clean cut. Read interviews with him, listen to his lyrics or watch the MTV documentary of him in his hometown and you will see that.

A-Team & Bloodstream are 2 songs that are not about what you think they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

FitzShane wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran is certainly not clean cut. Read interviews with him, listen to his lyrics or watch the MTV documentary of him in his hometown and you will see that.

A-Team & Bloodstream are 2 songs that are not about what you think they are!

I thought they where about smack? Do they have some other evil meaning?

Advertisement