Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What drinks company have the contract?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

bigpink wrote: »
    What drinks company have the contract?

Diageo. Will have Guinness, Carlsberg and Stella Cidre on draught. Have wine, Smirnoff mix cans and Carlsberg bottles too.

Don't forget your bottle caps guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He's playing Whelans now

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Banaba

For those not in Dublin how do you plan on travelling to Ed tomorrow.. driving bus train? I was contemplating driving from Galway but im not sure now

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Tickets for both nights currently available on ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Banaba wrote: »
    For those not in Dublin how do you plan on travelling to Ed tomorrow.. driving bus train? I was contemplating driving from Galway but im not sure now

We drove up from Loughrea for The Script and parked at the Jervis Street Car Park which is about 30 minute walk to Croke Park (couple of euro in a taxi), It's far enough away that you don't get caught behind the herd of people walking which makes leaving the city pretty easy. There are other places you can park closer to the venue but I'd imagine they will fill up pretty quick, you should have no problem finding a space though if you leave early (we were there for 3PM), just make sure it's open late etc. and doesn't lock the gates lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Does anyone know if they show any matches inside Croke Park when there's a gig on. Cork are playing Kildare Saturday night down in Thurles, wouldn't mind watching it before himself comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does anyone know if they show any matches inside Croke Park when there's a gig on. Cork are playing Kildare Saturday night down in Thurles, wouldn't mind watching it before himself comes out.

Doubt they will be showing it anywhere in the stadium maybe in Premium level or corporate level.

Not going myself as im not a fan of Eds but it should be a good show. If i was in Dublin Saturday id go to the 3pm show of Once in the Olympia and then to croke park after it. Those who live in dublin are lucky as they have entertainment on almost every night

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

No they don't show any matches before a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Looking fairly likely that Kodaline will be the special guests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Muir wrote: »
    Looking fairly likely that Kodaline will be the special guests

Does he normally bring guests on stage with him?..

Special guests are bell x1 and other depending on night..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Does he normally bring guests on stage with him?..

Special guests are bell x1 and other depending on night..

He brought Elton John on at Wembley as a special guest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He brought Elton John on at Wembley as a special guest.

And snow patrol another night. Yes kodaline are tipped for the Irish leg.

Loughc wrote: »
    And snow patrol another night. Yes kodaline are tipped for the Irish leg.

I don't think Snow Patrol were on at Wembley? They performed with him the second night at Latitude.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't think Snow Patrol were on at Wembley? They performed with him the second night at Latitude.

I didn't say Wembley I just said another night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Kodaline All I Want could clearly be heard being played during the soundcheck in Croke Park yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

It's Kodaline!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hopefully they play again tomorrow night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

What was traffic like after the gig?

How thorough was the searching?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

damianmcr wrote: »
    What was traffic like after the gig?

How thorough was the searching?

Traffic looked slow. There were thousands on the roads. No bag search at all for four of us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Our bags were searched but barely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I hope everyone who went had a great time but I'm bewildered.

Who exactly does Sheeran play to ? From what I've heard over the last week the teenage girls love him ?? A workmate probably in his late 20's is going.

At a loss how he can sell out 2 nights in croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Heckler wrote: »
    I hope everyone who went had a great time but I'm bewildered.

Who exactly does Sheeran play to ? From what I've heard over the last week the teenage girls love him ?? A workmate probably in his late 20's is going.

At a loss how he can sell out 2 nights in croke park.

I thought the same thing...but the crowd last night had all types (mostly youngish girls) but seen some fellah's in the their 40's giving it as much socks as anyone else.

Personally, I wasn't expecting much but can't say anything but good things about the show, it was very enjoyable.

On a side note (which probably been said million times over) but why people buy expensive tickets to a gig to spend it constantly getting up and down for drinks/toilet/talking selfies is quite baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hi everyone, hope it's okay to post this here. We're driving up to the concert tonight and just wondering where would be best to park.

I was thinking the car park at the omni in Santry? But someone else suggested parking at the red cow and getting the Luas. Would anyone have any idea which would be a better place to park? Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Any rumours who special guest for 25th will be? Is it likely that Kodaline will special guest 2 nights in a row? I would doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Could anyone tell me exactly what time the show finished at last night? Trying to plan for public transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Special Guest; 25th? Guessing. Damien Rice perhaps? Mind you I'd prefer Damien Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Could anyone tell me exactly what time the show finished at last night? Trying to plan for public transport.

He played from 20:30 to 22:30 exactly.

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was thinking the car park at the omni in Santry? But someone else suggested parking at the red cow and getting the Luas. Would anyone have any idea which would be a better place to park? Thank you!
    Should be plenty of parking on Grace Park Road between Richmond Road and Griffith Avenue at the back of All Hollows (no bus lane, no free way, no paid parking), or if you don't mind the walk (30 minutes) then Whitehall Church would be a better option than Onmi, again free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Amazing show, he had the audience in the palm of his hand - so talented. And Kodaline - what a moment for them - 80k plus people singing their song in Croke Park - they looked stunned!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Hi, were going tonight n will be parkinging in inchicore (at accommodation) had planned on getting a taxi to croke park. Not familiar with dublin so would appreciate if people think this us a good option or would advise different! Going to the davin stand. Thanks a mil x

Advertisement