Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I fell off my bike, when did you fall last ?

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

Hopefully there's no concussion or anything, Weepsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

About a year ago. Going around a bend in good weather. Suspect I skidded on oil. Was on the ground before I knew what happened. Nothing broke except my watch. Before that it was always ice that got me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Will find out later. Helmet tool initial hit but wasn't sure so took the edge of impact to ear and neck area

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You poor thing! Fingers crossed you're alright. That sounds like a bit of a shock.

I also cycled in today and realised the error of my ways about half way in the middle of a blizzard. Really bad stuff. Slipped a couple of times but didn't come off luckily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ouch! fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

First race Saturday & first get down though not the usual way.

I was doing a 20min warm up on a set of rollers of which I’ve used about 8 times when something caught my eye & I hit the deck. Pure embarrassing but what can you do only laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭cletus

Took a spill right at the start of the ride tonight.

Think the valve core must've been not quite tight or something. I was in a hurry to get out tonight, so never checked tyre pressure. Front tyre must've been very soft, first bend coming out of the estate, and the bead unseated completely from the tyre (tubeless setup).

Went down like a sack of shïte...

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭galwayguy85

Had a very tiny bit of 'play' in the headset. Usual routine of taking of the all allen bolts, checking things, the saga that is making sure the front wheel is perfectly straight with respect to the frame. Put the headset nut back in, took it for a VERY short ride and was flung onto the tarmac soon afterwards. I forgot to put back in allen bolts on the either side of the handleset, thus steering was impossible. Zero friction to push against.

Hit the ground pretty hard on an already badly injured knee (from years ago). Was only traveling at only a few kmph but was not able to correct things in time - no helmet on etc. Who wears a helmet in their backyard? - I'm otherwise pretty strict about such things.

Got up and my knee felt unstable from the back of my leg. Swelled up pretty bad and was limping for at least 2 weeks. Average walking speed was down to about 3 kmph. Had to home office for a while (the best thing that came of it).

My walking speed, stability, double-support time only recently back to what they were prior to the fall - not a quick recovery. Back to same average speed on my bike as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭ARX

Forgot I had an exercise mat sticking out of the rear pannier when I was getting off the bike. Caught my leg on it and went on my arse. No audience, fortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭galwayguy85

A few years back I was on a cycling holiday with herself. One of those touring bikes with a larger fame and a far higher saddle than the one I am used on to (a 59 cm road bike). Out in the middle of nowhere, unfamiliar with the location. Stopped for a little while with the intention of checking Google maps. Thinking it was solid ground I was putting my foot onto, I fell sideways a drainage ditch, landing on my chest. A few light grazes on my legs from the brambles - the bike may have take a slight knock as well. She had no idea where I had vanished to but did an about turn and we were re-united. Was able to get back on my feet relatively soon afterwards, but I knew something was not right. She returned both bikes to the local bikeshop (so that we could conceal any evidence of a fall/crash).

Not much hassle for the few remaining days of the holiday, but when I got back to where I live these times, I was absolutly banjaxed (may have been the flight). Getting in and out of bed nearly brought tears to my eyes - visible bruises on my chest. About one week to be fit and well again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement